Callum Wilson ready to sign new deal with Coventry City (1 Viewer)

bluesky88

So if we are now to offer improved contracts to all the players that are being linked to others clubs will this mean we will be unable to sign new players because of the embargo and FFP?

ccfclinney

No it's just common sense signing new contracts to the best players at the club when they have one year left. And scored 9 goals in 9 games

SonOfSnoz

I'd rather we tied down the likes of CW & co, as what's the guarantee Messi would be a hit for the club ;)
For every Terry Gibo, there's a Bellemy!
I do think SP is talking bull about loans not improving the team, would Ronaldo not improve CCFC?

kingharvest

I'd rather we tied down the likes of CW & co, as what's the guarantee Messi would be a hit for the club ;)
I do think SP is talking bull about loans not improving the team, would Ronaldo not improve CCFC?

i'm sure if ronaldo was offered, he'd take him. I agree with you though, Watford proved that loans can work and they went to the extreme. But i'm only for bringing in loans if they give us something we don't have and improve the team/squad. If not, whats the point? I'd rather he developed young players.

SonOfSnoz

Kingh, is JS any of the ladies featured in pics on this forum?
If she only met Sisu bum lickers, why didn't she meet me ;)

CarpyCov84

He's bit talking Bull fella he is just being realistic

ccfc_Tom

They can still sell him, just sell him for more money than before.
yeah but hes stated he wants to stay and buy house in cov etc so be very surprising if did, whereas before it wouldn't have been surprising in the slightest

ricohman

A few of last seasons loans lost the plot, just shows that young hungry homegrown players really care about the club

skybluesam66

according to a relation of his - he loves coventry and reallw ants to play for them
He did proviso this with "but money talks"

you could be really happy in your job - earning £20k a year
but if somebody offered you another and you would be just making the tea , but for £100k a year, you would take it

skybluejelly

according to a relation of his - he loves coventry and reallw ants to play for them
He did proviso this with "but money talks"

you could be really happy in your job - earning £20k a year
but if somebody offered you another and you would be just making the tea , but for £100k a year, you would take it

yes i would ..as long as they didn't want coffee as well that would be £150k

SkyBlueScottie

To be honest there is a pretty direct quote from Callum in the article.... I dare say that is this form continues somebody will buy him, but for now I think he buys into Pressley and what he is trying to acheive.

Grendel

hutch1972

Turner took some serious stick before his injury , probably off the same fans who cried when we sold him.

torchomatic

Good deal for city if approved.

FFP is ultimately irrelevant as sisu have the option of putting money into the club as long as it isn't a loan (which they have done with every single penny so far).

Astute

Home grown young players like Wilson are not included in the FFP calculations. So it will mean more loans to our club by SISU if they keep us in Northampton.

speedie87

only home grown players under a certain age can be ignored. This its 20 so Wilson might still count.

However as someone else said as long as money introduced is accounted for as equity that can be used to fund any shortfall

Warwickhunt

Its Under 23! why do you think that SP has used named so many youngsters in the squad.

stupot07

I am fairly confident it is 20.7

You could be right.

Think people are confusing Uefa's FFP which were brought in for the top leagues, mainly because teams from those leagues play on Uefa competitions, with the football league adopted FFP rules.

Users who are viewing this thread