Callum Wilson for England (1 Viewer)

jim20

Do you think if Callum keeps playing as he has been he will one day play for England?

Also we need to offer him a new contract now! We can't afford to loose out on him

pusbccfc

Maybe England B... Considering he's 21, I doubt he'll make even the Prem, sadly.

Mr T - Sukka!

He is young.
He is doing well for us.
He is scoring goals.
Lets keep it that way.

Talk of England is silly. Way too early.

Leauge 1 is massive gap from prem/international quality.

ccfcway

He wasn't even in our squad last year.

Bloody brill start to the season, but talk of him playing up to with £10 million Saha is crazy

jim20

He is young.
He is doing well for us.
He is scoring goals.
Lets keep it that way.

Talk of England is silly. Way too early.

Leauge 1 is massive gap from prem/international quality.

It maybe a massive gap from prem quality but not from England quality they were poor tonight

rob9872

I didn't think we were poor tbh. Tactically aware went for 0-0 andgot it. In times gone by trying that we end up losing. Unspectacular butg hallmark of hodgson and therefore encouraging imo

Mucca Mad Boys

Probably do better than Lambert! (Tongue in cheek!)
Lambert is an average (at best) prem striker and shouldn't be anywhere near the England team! Isn't even like he has age on his side.
I'm a fan of Hodgson, but I don't know why he's picking players who are old and past it, Osman, Lambert, Carrick (good player but why include him in team?) and others... It's a transitional period an young players should be getting picked. We're average with Hodgson, and I think he's the best English option. Rant over.

As for Wilson, lol. Doing well, at L1, and we're only 6 games into the season.

Mucca Mad Boys

I didn't think we were poor tbh. Tactically aware went for 0-0 andgot it. In times gone by trying that we end up losing. Unspectacular butg hallmark of hodgson and therefore encouraging imo

Attacking movement tonight epitomised (alongside many more examples!) the lack of technical ability of pir players and once more highlights the need for a revolution in the culture of English football (it can be done, Spain were once dark horses, and now are the best!) More English players and managers, coaches etc. need to be produced. You think the likes of Germany and Spain would settle for a 0-0 draw!? We're a laughing stock to them.

Team selection has been the most uninspiring for as long as I can remember.

covmark

Attacking movement tonight epitomised (alongside many more examples!) the lack of technical ability of pir players and once more highlights the need for a revolution in the culture of English football (it can be done, Spain were once dark horses, and now are the best!) More English players and managers, coaches etc. need to be produced. You think the likes of Germany and Spain would settle for a 0-0 draw!? We're a laughing stock to them.

Team selection has been the most uninspiring for as long as I can remember.
agree with this, every time I see Milner on the teamsheet, I breathe a massive sigh, nothing against the guy, he's just crap

SkyBlueScottie

EFF sake, 8 goals in league 1 and people are wondering whether he will play for England...... Saying that, if Moyes struggles at Man U and Pressley continues to impress they might come a knocking....... (Tongue firmly in cheek)

Gint11

Beat me to it SkyBlueScottie.....This sort of talk can ruin a player if he reads into his own hype or too much pressure too soon.

mrtrench

Do you think if Callum keeps playing as he has been he will one day play for England?

Also we need to offer him a new contract now! We can't afford to loose out on him

Of course he *might*, but so then might Jordan Clarke, or anyone else. Do I think he 'will'? No - the chances are very small indeed. Very few players who score a lot of goals over the first few games of a season at tier 3 level ever represent their countries. Look at Ian Wallace - scored hatfuls over two seasons and yet never represented England.

Tank Top

I agree with you Rob.
A difficult fixture in front of a 70,000 partisan crowd, and with so many vital players missing, no wellbeck, no Rooney, no Sturride, overall I thought we deserved at least a draw, and could have won it at the death, when Lampard put a header narrowly wide, we controlled the first half, and as expected they came back at us in the second half, but we held out, with Cahill looking strong.
If it was Hodgesons plan to play for a draw and not get beaten, then it worked well, and I'm not in the least concerned this morning, as I reflect on what I witnessed last night.

ccfcway

a international squad who's strike force is a choice of Rooney, Wellbeck, Sturridge and Lambert will never win anything.

Astute

It is too early to say.

If he stays with us then the answer is no. We don't have many players that played for England over the years do we? But we do have a few that were good enough after leaving us or that were past it when joining us. Also he has come on very well this season. If he keeps improving at this rate there is always a chance in the future. But he can only score against the opposition he plays against.

It is a big jump from Division 3 to the Championship. Then another big jump to the Prem. If he could manage both of these he would then need to be the best English striker. Will he be better than Rooney?

RoboCCFC90

If Callum maintains his form then I see no reason why he can't push for a place at England U21 level anything above that is a bit extreme and Callum would have to be on fire to consider a call to Southgate's youth squad considering the talent he has assembled.

It's good that Callum and all our other young players have started well, but Pressley you get the feeling will be keeping them grounded at this moment in time.

Mucca Mad Boys

I agree with you Rob.
A difficult fixture in front of a 70,000 partisan crowd, and with so many vital players missing, no wellbeck, no Rooney, no Sturride, overall I thought we deserved at least a draw, and could have won it at the death, when Lampard put a header narrowly wide, we controlled the first half, and as expected they came back at us in the second half, but we held out, with Cahill looking strong.
If it was Hodgesons plan to play for a draw and not get beaten, then it worked well, and I'm not in the least concerned this morning, as I reflect on what I witnessed last night.

We missed essentially one position, don't think that lets off what a poor performance it was, Lambert had no service, say arguably, the applies if <insert unavailable striker> played.

I'm going to put into perspective guys: we've only beaten 2 teams this qualification, San Marino and Moldova, that's it.

From a tactical perspective; why are we only trying to avoid defeat? Unambitious game plan vs 3rd or 4th seed team in group away? That's pathetic. Like I said, any team worth it's salt would be laughing at our performance. I wouldn't have minded had we 'gone for it' but their keeper or whatever put in a stormer, he wasn't tested!

Last edited:

SkyBlue_Bear83

We missed essentially one position, don't think that lets off what a poor performance it was, Lambert had no service, say arguably, the applies if <insert unavailable striker> played.

I'm going to put into perspective guys: we've only beaten 2 teams this qualification, San Marino and Moldova, that's it.

From a tactical perspective; why are we only trying to avoid defeat? Unambitious game plan vs 3rd or 4th seed team in group away? That's pathetic. Like I said, any team worth it's salt would be laughing at our performance. I wouldn't have minded had we 'gone for it' but their keeper or whatever put in a stormer, he wasn't tested!

I agree with you but its a measure of how shit we have become that we felt we needed to go to Ukraine and play like that

We're getting to the stage now where qualifying for the tournament is an achievement in itself, it's going to take a decade or two to fix English football and that's if we start right now

From the current crop of players we've got to select from I'd be pleased just to get to the last 16 in Brazil assuming we make it

thaiskyblue

Of course he *might*, but so then might Jordan Clarke, or anyone else. Do I think he 'will'? No - the chances are very small indeed. Very few players who score a lot of goals over the first few games of a season at tier 3 level ever represent their countries. Look at Ian Wallace - scored hatfuls over two seasons and yet never represented England.
perhaps the fact he is scotish might have had something to do with it.

Users who are viewing this thread