Transfer Rumour Callum Styles (3 Viewers)

Martin180

I don’t mean that Allen won’t be back, just that that’s the role I see styles playing. Maybe Robins wants two of each type of AM.
If we sign Styles and O’Hare returning you do have to wonder for Allen’s future with us . If not this window then definitely in January

And with his health issues I wish him all the very best in his recovery

Calista

I don’t mean that Allen won’t be back, just that that’s the role I see styles playing. Maybe Robins wants two of each type of AM.
Good to hear that you meant competition rather than replacement.
Is Styles the same type of player though? (genuine question, I don't know. From brief clips I got the impression he was more of a ball carrier.)

pipkin73

Calista your being too sensitive.

Yes, we as a club HAVE TO look after Allen BUT we also have to plan he might not come back to play as the player he was or even be able to come back at all (let's face it his health is the most important thing)

None of us know the extent of his illness .

I'm sure we all wish him the best and hope the club looks after him (BUT) we have to plan ahead in case he does not come back.

fatso

Thought Styles played well and showed he could make the step up quite easily.

Kitching however didn't play particularly well and on the basis of 1 game, didn't look any better than what we have, and £3million pounds is a lot of money for someone who would only be cover. (Again based only on 1 game)

Reactions: vow

vow

Thought Styles played well and showed he could make the step up quite easily.

Kitching however didn't play particularly well and on the basis of 1 game, didn't look any better than what we have, and £3million pounds is a lot of money for someone who would only be cover. (Again based only on 1 game)
Apparently, Kitching has been a rock and played well end of last season (with Bobby Thomas no less!) and this, just a blip of a game if you ask me...perhaps his heads been turned and didn't have the best of games?

Everytime I've seen Styles play, he's been good, classy midfielder, get him signed up.

slowpoke

Styles does seem what would be a good addition to our squad, he is NOT a Hamer replacement though should he join let’s take that pressure off him. He is a proven decent left sided player who can and has played in a number of left sided positions.
and done well in his international appearances. and he played last season in a decent Millwall team but was out injured for a while after xmas.

Hobo

I think fans try and do direct comparisons between players, which is a mistake. I don't think Mark Robins and Adi Viveash think like that? They look at what each player can bring and how they can be improved.

Yes they sort of want two for every position for competition and cover, but not necessarily like for like. They want options. I also think we are now targeting players who can offer something across two or even three positions

This not only will give us more depth (not maybe numbers but in cover) but also perhaps opens up more tactic options around formations.

Torquay Sky Blue

Apparently, Kitching has been a rock and played well end of last season (with Bobby Thomas no less!) and this, just a blip of a game if you ask me...perhaps his heads been turned and didn't have the best of games?

Everytime I've seen Styles play, he's been good, classy midfielder, get him signed up.
Heads been turned you say. Who would do a thing like that 🤔

napolimp

If we sign Styles and O’Hare returning you do have to wonder for Allen’s future with us . If not this window then definitely in January

And with his health issues I wish him all the very best in his recovery

I'm sure Allen will be back, can see him being here long term. He's a solid squad player and can cover multiple positions. It's like having Kelly in the squad, but at a decent age.

Deity

I'm sure Allen will be back, can see him being here long term. He's a solid squad player and can cover multiple positions. It's like having Kelly in the squad, but at a decent age.
Mmm not sure on multiple positions. Pretty much an 8 or a 10 if you are playing two 10’s but he’s not a CDM and I’ve not seen him play at wing back or full back.

procdoc

On reflection, Kitching was left exposed by the left wing back on quite a few occasions which didn’t help. Styles played in the ‘10’ position but that Russell couldn’t pass wind and Kane wanted an eternity on the ball so by the time they looked up Styles was being marked.

Happy_Martian

I'd imagine its mentally difficult to play at your best when in your head you've decided you want out. If you've ever handed your notice in and you're anything like me, you'll know the feeling. I basically just stop working 😂

It's not just being mental up for the game. If you think you're being tracked by a team who can give you a bigger challenge, more wages and a potential boost to your career, do you want to put that in jeopardy with injury ?

Comments on the Barnsley forum about him being 2 yards short for the Peterborough goals makes me think this is the case, mind not on the game and unwilling to put everything into a challenge that could end in injury. I know it's wrong for a professional footballer but they still have human emotions and reactions.

TomRad85

It's not just being mental up for the game. If you think you're being tracked by a team who can give you a bigger challenge, more wages and a potential boost to your career, do you want to put that in jeopardy with injury ?

Comments on the Barnsley forum about him being 2 yards short for the Peterborough goals makes me think this is the case, mind not on the game and unwilling to put everything into a challenge that could end in injury. I know it's wrong for a professional footballer but they still have human emotions and reactions.
I think that still falls into the mental side but yes exactly. Judging him off that one game would be... mental.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

JSL

I think that we have several right sided options now with Milan and Tats (RWB / RW) if we want to play different formations but we only really have Da Silva and Bidwell on the left who pretty much play the same position (LB / LWB). A left winger / midfielder would be a good option to have and even better someone who could occupy several positions like Tats is apparently capable of doing

Happy_Martian

I think that still falls into the mental side but yes exactly. Judging him off that one game would be... mental.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Yeah, apologies. I was just splitting hairs ;) And I agree, there is no way anyone could make any assessment of their abilities based on that game with so much transfer talk happening on social media. Note: I've seen nothing in the press or from the recognised football writers (not our forum ITKers :p) to say this has amped up in truth.

mark82

Yeah, apologies. I was just splitting hairs ;) And I agree, there is no way anyone could make any assessment of their abilities based on that game with so much transfer talk happening on social media. Note: I've seen nothing in the press or from the recognised football writers (not our forum ITKers :p) to say this has amped up in truth.
There's been stuff in the local press up here about Kitching and bids being rejected.

Happy_Martian

There's been stuff in the local press up here about Kitching and bids being rejected.

Okay, thanks @mark82. Didn't realise you were northern-like though ? :p Remember that we only have the leg-end that is Andy Turner to rely on down here. And I'm absolutely positive that CCFC have no interest in talking to him about anything relevant or important. SiSu shit-canned CovTel years ago, wonder if anyone told Robins that the press embargo had ended :ROFLMAO:

stevefloyd

Calista your being too sensitive.

Yes, we as a club HAVE TO look after Allen BUT we also have to plan he might not come back to play as the player he was or even be able to come back at all (let's face it his health is the most important thing)

None of us know the extent of his illness .

I'm sure we all wish him the best and hope the club looks after him (BUT) we have to plan ahead in case he does not come back.
What have I missed about Allen? I thought he was just injured

slowpoke

It was a virus wasn’t it that affected his heart area?
Yes it has a fancy medical name which I can’t remember once diagnosed and treated heart is unaffected, obviously laid him low at the worst time pre-season and has put him back a few weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread