Transfer Rumour Callum Styles (2 Viewers)

stupot07

Not many clubs in the championship spend that sort of money on transfer fees, it's only (but not exclusively) really the parachute clubs and clubs like us with a transfer windfall

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk
Yeah £2m is actually a lot of money in the championship.

Sky Blue Harry H

I liked him when I saw him played a couple of years ago against us.

Was on loan at Millwall last season, 1 goal and 1 assist in 22 games.

And he's 5ft 6in. Couldnt we try and get in a couple of taller players

Can that Kyle Hudlin play in midfield? Might be worth a shout.......... :unsure: :rolleyes:

junglej13

On the face of it £2m for Styles would be excellent business. Only slight question mark would be his fitness. Missed a lot of games last season through injury. Prior to that has played a lot of games though.

shmmeee

I liked him when I saw him played a couple of years ago against us.

Was on loan at Millwall last season, 1 goal and 1 assist in 22 games.

And he's 5ft 6in. Couldnt we try and get in a couple of taller players

Can you imagine with a few injuries
--------------------Wilson
-----------Thomas-Fadz-Lati
MVE-----Styles--Allen------Dasilva
-----------O'Hare--Saka
------------------Godden

Collins is shorter than Wilson according to Wiki.

covcity4life

For someone to come in to replace a £15m player it is! I’m just asking why no one has taken a punt. I didn’t realise he was your mum and you’ve take offence.

If you don’t know anything about him just leave it for those that do and get back to hate wanking over my profile.
You don't know much about him either though.

Hamer was an unknown. Why are you not willing to give anyone else a chance?

shmmeee

You don't know much about him either though.

Hamer was an unknown. Why are you not willing to give anyone else a chance?

Where have I said I’m unwilling to give him a chance? Are you only allowed to come in with final binary opinions on players like a hill meme post?

Im not massively excited by the prospect of him replacing Hamer, I’m posting on a thread so people can tell me why they are. Instead they’re losing their shit.

covcity4life

Where have I said I’m unwilling to give him a chance? Are you only allowed to come in with final binary opinions on players like a hill meme post?

Im not massively excited by the prospect of him replacing Hamer, I’m posting on a thread so people can tell me why they are. Instead they’re losing their shit.
Your not excited by any signing though. You said we wasted money on wright.

Dirk Turpin

Let's just not bring in players for the sake of it. They need to be better than what we got. That's all I'm saying.

We have some money to spend now let's push the boat out. A statement signing. Plus one or 2 for squad depth.

We have shown we dont need to shop in Primark.
Styles looks ok but looks like a pound land O'Hare to be honest

Brylowes

If MR is happy to spend £2m on Harry Styles it’s fine by me, once settled in our midfield I’m sure he’d play an instrumental role in pushing the club in One Direction ‘Forward’
On another note, I’ve heard a rumour that highly rated left sided midfielder Tom Fletcher could soon be available on a free transfer from McFly.

procdoc

I wouldn’t say Styles would be an ‘exciting’ signing but could be a valuable addition to the squad. He’s got the ability, up to our coaches to help him realise his potential

covboy9

Actually fuck it get in there robins and tell the lad hull are shite and he can come to a bigger club and be loved

stupot07

The thing with Twine is, he didn't play last season, so unproven in the championship, you're then signing someone on what they did 1.5 years ago in league one.

fatso

What's our price range? Surely if we've just spent £15m on two strikers we can afford to spend £5-6m on a start midfielder?

Of course, but where can you get ready made Hamer quality for £5-6 million. If it was that easy Sheff utd would of saved themselves 10 million (ish)

Whoever we bring in will need time to develop. And if we do spend 5+million on a guaranteed starter, we'd still have £2million left of the Hamer money to bring in a youngster like Styles.

stupot07

Of course, but where can you get ready made Hamer quality for £5-6 million. If it was that easy Sheff utd would of saved themselves 10 million (ish)

Whoever we bring in will need time to develop. And if we do spend 5+million on a guaranteed starter, we'd still have £2million left of the Hamer money to bring in a youngster like Styles.

Styles won't want to come to be a development player to sit on the bench, he will want to be a regular starter. Like I said, I liked what I saw when he played against us for Barnsley a few years ago, but I would be disappointed if he was the main replacement.

Norwich signed Sara from Sao Paulo for £6m last season. There will be someone our there, just that we probably havent heard of them yet.

hill83

I’m only joking mate.

Hertsccfc

I think this is the wrong mindset.

Whilst Allen has his merits, he is at his ceiling.
Palmer/O'hare fitness can't be relied upon.
Kelly is not at the level we want to be at.
Sheaf, although provided some excellent performances, can be inconsistent.
Eccles has performed well in two games this season but was not pulling up trees in previous seasons.

I would argue the CM position is the one that needs attention most as there is no one there that is outstanding at this level apart from maybe Sheaf and even then I would say he is only above average for this league. All other positions I think we are stocked with good quality and depth with the obvious exception of another striker.

Sent from my SM-G990B using Tapatalk
Kelly has been at the level since the end of last season.
Sheaf is consistently good and improving
Eccles has been an integral part of a successful team for well over half a season.

Otis

I think this is the wrong mindset.

Whilst Allen has his merits, he is at his ceiling.
Palmer/O'hare fitness can't be relied upon.
Kelly is not at the level we want to be at.
Sheaf, although provided some excellent performances, can be inconsistent.
Eccles has performed well in two games this season but was not pulling up trees in previous seasons.

I would argue the CM position is the one that needs attention most as there is no one there that is outstanding at this level apart from maybe Sheaf and even then I would say he is only above average for this league. All other positions I think we are stocked with good quality and depth with the obvious exception of another striker.

Sent from my SM-G990B using Tapatalk
I think you'll find Allen is never anywhere near any ceiling.

stupot07

I think you'll find Allen is never anywhere near any ceiling.
I heard he uses a ladder to reach the kitchen worktop.

Allen and his wife lol

72e87606661122b74f33a5caac0c3059.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread