Callum contract offer (3 Viewers)

wingy

He's already been extended by the previous bunch was on verge of moving and that ends this summer, wouldn't have been a top deal I'm sure, can either give him what he wants or check out after the POF.

ccfc1234

Yeah, the players are just being held hostage by them. In reality, the agents are hired by the players and the agents work on their instructions.
I do think they can get into their head and influence what suits them as well as the player.

Skyblue_CP

NGL, after comments made by both Cal and Robins after the match on Saturday. I was quietly hopeful he might sign today, alas was not to be.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

On the subject of O'Hare, does anyone know what his goal celebration means?

View attachment 33401

Still not got closure about what Vik's meant either

Look into my Eyes 👀

Looking I See GIF by The3Flamingos

ccfc1234

Based on what exactly?
On the fact that my dad's mates son was an agent for Newcastle players around 2010, he was a bragging type (being polite!) and knowing I was into football took me and my dad to Newcastle. In the car he was mocking how little we paid our players and was very candid that he liked the merry go round of players on short term deals as he got paid well from signing on fees.
Regardless of my experiences do you think an agent will earn more from a contract extension or a player leaving on a free transfer to another team?

Sick Boy

On the fact that my dad's mates son was an agent for Newcastle players around 2010, he was a bragging type (being polite!) and knowing I was into football took me and my dad to Newcastle. In the car he was mocking how little we paid our players and was very candid that he liked the merry go round of players on short term deals as he got paid well from signing on fees.
Regardless of my experiences do you think an agent will earn more from a contract extension or a player leaving on a free transfer to another team?
Do you think a player will earn more from a contract extension or leaving on a free to another team?

Hobo

I really don't know how these things work but at the very least, yes can we not make him top earner with just a years extension? Surely there is money left from the transfers to cover this? The team will hopefully be gelled tight by then and if we hit the ground running next year, with a bigger squad to cover injuries etc, who knows? We've improved year on year under MR, ask him to show some faith with us, just one more year. He's young enough to still move on if we don't get promoted.
Okay when/if he goes he will be on more than we can offer. But it was the same with Gyokeres and Hamer, it is about the desire to have the opportunity to play at a higher level, it is just that higher level will bring higher wages.

To be honest if any of our players don't have a desire to play at a higher level, they shouldn't be here. Because they wouldn't get us promotion with that lack of desire.

ccfc1234

Do you think a player will earn more from a contract extension or leaving on a free to another team?
Depends on the club offering the extension and the player in question.
Some players are offered better terms to stay but move on for all sorts of reasons.
I suspect last time we renewed Kelly it was on better terms than he could have realistically got anywhere else.

Sick Boy

Depends on the club offering the extension and the player in question.
Some players are offered better terms to stay but move on for all sorts of reasons.
I suspect last time we renewed Kelly it was on better terms than he could have realistically got anywhere else.
If they’re in demand the player will get a bigger signing on fee going on a free. Kelly was hardly in demand with other clubs in this division; his agent would have advised him to stay, I’m sure.

robbiekeane

If they’re in demand the player will get a bigger signing on fee going on a free. Kelly was hardly in demand with other clubs in this division; his agent would have advised him to stay, I’m sure.
Yeah, and and agents role is to maximise outcome for the player…most of the time that will be money and incentives but if a player wants to go somewhere or stay somewhere the agent will make that happen. It’s really not as deep as people think it is most of the time

shmmeee

Going to Scotland is worse than going to Hull. At least Vik gets to spend his afternoons on the beach after playing pub football.

itsabuzzard

If O’hare leaves on a free, we need to protest against the ownership. With the funds King has received for Hamer and Gyokeres, there is no excuse to not give O’hare what he wants. He’s a talisman and we are a far inferior team without him.

Given our inability to replace Hamer and Gyokeres, it’s hard to imagine we’ll replace O’hare sufficiently.
If there aren't any clubs out there willing to pay a fee, then what on earth do you expect the owners to do? As has been stated by quite a few posters, it appears we have to wait until the summer for this to be resolved.
On your other point, you could argue that given we're in a better position than this time last year, we have moved on from Gus and Vik, which can only be a good thing. The obsession with "replacing" players is tedious; MR has effectively built a new team. He's working wonders.

itsabuzzard

Pay him the wages he wants.

As you don’t attend games, your opinion on our current squad is irrelevant
Replying to your point rather than your ad hominem, have you considered the possibility that he wants to play for a "bigger" club in a "bigger" league?

Astute

I know there is no loyalty in football but I would have hoped for a 1 year extension with better terms and an opinion for him to leave at the end of the season if we don't get promoted.
I know we were duty bound as he was contracted to us during his injury but it would be nice to see a bit of a thank you for getting my career back on track...🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻
Look at his performances. Look at his goal celebrations. He is 100% behind trying to get us promoted playing his best football ever and he isn't even fit yet.

O'Hare has been a big reason we are where we are. A big part of the togetherness at our club. Look at him trying to get the supporters to make noise against Leicester. You can see how much it means to him.

I'm the same with O'Hare as with Hamer. A contract isn't a 1 sided thing. I'm not having a go at any player who is fulfilling their contract while giving 100% on the pitch. I would love him to stay yet understand he is ambitious and wants to test himself against the best.

If we go up I am sure he will stay. If we don't I'm sure he won't. But he owes us nothing. I have nothing but respect for him.

Sky Blue Pete

Look at his performances. Look at his goal celebrations. He is 100% behind trying to get us promoted playing his best football ever and he isn't even fit yet.

O'Hare has been a big reason we are where we are. A big part of the togetherness at our club. Look at him trying to get the supporters to make noise against Leicester. You can see how much it means to him.

I'm the same with O'Hare as with Hamer. A contract isn't a 1 sided thing. I'm not having a go at any player who is fulfilling their contract while giving 100% on the pitch. I would love him to stay yet understand he is ambitious and wants to test himself against the best.

If we go up I am sure he will stay. If we don't I'm sure he won't. But he owes us nothing. I have nothing but respect for him.
Thats robins and Ohares take to ensure the squad and team still get the most out of him
Agent and Mr King are the ones who hold the keys

fernandopartridge

If O’hare leaves on a free, we need to protest against the ownership. With the funds King has received for Hamer and Gyokeres, there is no excuse to not give O’hare what he wants. He’s a talisman and we are a far inferior team without him.

Given our inability to replace Hamer and Gyokeres, it’s hard to imagine we’ll replace O’hare sufficiently.
If he leaves on a free it's because he wants to

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Skybluedownunder

Quick Houdini… get the pitch fork out lad

giphy.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fatso

Your whole personality is based on being fat. Loser
Again, you choose to believe a forum handle.
FYI, I'm called Fatso because I used to be drastically underweight, and I was given a sarcastic nickname.
Don't believe everything you read/hear. Boosh

Astute

Thats robins and Ohares take to ensure the squad and team still get the most out of him
Agent and Mr King are the ones who hold the keys
And O'Hare?

If O'Hare has decided his next contract will be in the Prem if possible and we don't get promoted there's nothing King or his agent can do other than one looks to get him a Prem side and the other says thanks for the memories.

But we still have 19 games for us to get promoted or for us to just miss out and O'Hare given the choice of a probable relegation battle in the Prem or a serious challenge to go up as champions.

shmmeee

No sense in moving to a bottom three PL club when you can go to a newly promoted team. That will probably also finish bottom three but at least you get a full season and a bit of hope.

Users who are viewing this thread