Callum contract offer (2 Viewers)

Tomh111

He’s being courted by us. Other clubs cant offer him more until the summer. Better to have one last ditch improvement in our pocket for them IMO. There’s no reason for him to sign anything right now.
The rumoured Spanish clubs can, they can approach from 1st of Jan.

Sent from my SM-S911B using Tapatalk

Mucca Mad Boys

Has anyone considered that COH might just want to play at a higher standard next season?

Us offering to pay an extra 10-20k a week isn’t going to make a difference if he can get the same terms at a top flight team in England/Spain.

We were just unlucky at the timing of his injury.

Porkchophill

He’s being courted by us. Other clubs cant offer him more until the summer. Better to have one last ditch improvement in our pocket for them IMO. There’s no reason for him to sign anything right now.
Understand your reasoning Just think while there is still an element of him still being fresh back from an injury, could tilt it in our favour im sure there are plenty of clubs being made aware of his situation with out it coming directly from callum,
or being led down the Hamer route again playing hardball for to long and losing him does not make sense to me show him what he’s truly worth to us , and if he goes we tried our best

SkyBlue_Bear83

Understand your reasoning Just think while there is still an element of him still being fresh back from an injury, could tilt it in our favour im sure there are plenty of clubs being made aware of his situation with out it coming directly from callum,
or being led down the Hamer route again playing hardball for to long and losing him does not make sense to me show him what he’s truly worth to us , and if he goes we tried our best
Playing hard ball does the club no favour in these circumstances where the club has little negotiating power in the deal.

Put the best offer on the table and let him make his decision.

Starting lowball and then trying to negotiate up is a waste of everyone's time if the player has made up his mind already that he wants to leave or run down his contract.

CCFCSteve

Has anyone considered that COH might just want to play at a higher standard next season?

Us offering to pay an extra 10-20k a week isn’t going to make a difference if he can get the same terms at a top flight team in England/Spain.

Exactly this

ccfc1234

If he is not going to sign (I think and hope he still might) we should thank him and sell him now. Promotion via the playoffs are not guaranteed and we need to work into what will be a huge season next season.
I am personally not up for this saga dragging on and being a distraction for months and COH himself having a love in with the fans, giving people hope IF he and his agent are just being disingenuous and giving false hope.

He is a local lad and seems a top guy who likes the club and his loss would make me dissapointed far more than Gus and Vik who. Callum if your reading this, negotiate hard with King, squeeze the pips get a huge signing on fee and promotion pay rise agreed, sign and focus on your sky blue legacy which could shortly be in the Premiership.

WestEndAgro

The injury only prevented him from going to Burnley.

rexo87

i cant see Cal agreeing to go anywhere this Jan. He will have loads more options if he stays put til end of the season

Hobo

He has been offered a contract which he hasn't responded to. You would be stupid to keep going back offering more money. The club can't really negotiate if he hasn't responded to what is on the table.

It is clear he is Waiting to see what offers are made and I think that will be in the summer? It is best to make the most of him between now and then. The best chance we have of keeping him is by getting promoted.

Offhegoes

He has been offered a contract which he hasn't responded to. You would be stupid to keep going back offering more money. The club can't really negotiate if he hasn't responded to what is on the table.

It is clear he is Waiting to see what offers are made and I think that will be in the summer? It is best to make the most of him between now and then. The best chance we have of keeping him is by getting promoted.
Yep simple as that. Slightly risky for O'Hare if he suffers another injury before May though. We signed him for nothing, and may lose him for nothing

Adge

Yep simple as that. Slightly risky for O'Hare if he suffers another injury before May though. We signed him for nothing, and may lose him for nothing
Which is the most likely outcome. If he does decide to wait till the summer, as long as he keeps doing what he is doing and doesn’t take his foot off the gas, he will go with my best wishes if and when he departs. Compare his contribution to some of the dossers we have had to put up with and watch in the past. 😩

ExmouthNeil

I know there is no loyalty in football but I would have hoped for a 1 year extension with better terms and an opinion for him to leave at the end of the season if we don't get promoted.
I know we were duty bound as he was contracted to us during his injury but it would be nice to see a bit of a thank you for getting my career back on track...🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻

Hertsccfc

Which is the most likely outcome. If he does decide to wait till the summer, as long as he keeps doing what he is doing and doesn’t take his foot off the gas, he will go with my best wishes if and when he departs. Compare his contribution to some of the dossers we have had to put up with and watch in the past. 😩
The reality in all these situations is we don't know what offers are made and the players' own personal circumstances, and nor should we.

The only thing I will judge players on is how they perform for us on the pitch.

AOM

On the subject of O'Hare, does anyone know what his goal celebration means?

1705338570844.png

Still not got closure about what Vik's meant either

Adge

Doesn’t Dewsberry Hall do it after scoring for Leicester?

RegTheDonk

I know there is no loyalty in football but I would have hoped for a 1 year extension with better terms and an opinion for him to leave at the end of the season if we don't get promoted.
I know we were duty bound as he was contracted to us during his injury but it would be nice to see a bit of a thank you for getting my career back on track...🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻
I really don't know how these things work but at the very least, yes can we not make him top earner with just a years extension? Surely there is money left from the transfers to cover this? The team will hopefully be gelled tight by then and if we hit the ground running next year, with a bigger squad to cover injuries etc, who knows? We've improved year on year under MR, ask him to show some faith with us, just one more year. He's young enough to still move on if we don't get promoted.

Users who are viewing this thread