Callum contract offer (1 Viewer)

Gint11

I don't think it is necessarily. Often it is about playing at the highest level they can and that tends to result in higher wages and to be honest who can blame them. Now anyone going to Saudi Arabia I would condem no matter how much offered.

Yeah I get it. If we offered him £40K a week do you think he’d sign?

djr8369

He is going. It’s as good as done. Accept it and it will be easier when it happens.

I didn’t have him down as going abroad but makes sense in a way. Couldn’t see an established prem team going for him but top flight European team is plausible.

SlowerThanPlatt

He's not done too well over there. Went to watch them earlier in the season and only got a couple of minutes. Does seem like he's been getting a few more minutes recently.
They’ve been awful this season on the whole, were bottom for a while.

robbiekeane

It is just frustrating we let ourselves get in this position really, very short sighted imo and poor contract management

Mucca Mad Boys

It is just frustrating we let ourselves get in this position really, very short sighted imo and poor contract management
Pretty sure COH said he didn’t want to enter contract before during his rehab. If that’s the case, the timing of the injury seems to have done us over here.

MalcSB

Coventry 3 Leicester 1: The new Grealish firing Coventry’s promotion push
By Tom Collomosse at the CBS Arena
THREE years after Jack Grealish became the most expensive British footballer in history, another playmaker with a snazzy haircut is making a name for himself in the West Midlands.
Like Grealish, Callum O’Hare played in the youth ranks at Aston Villa. Like Grealish, he is a local boy with Irish heritage who excelled at Gaelic football as a youngster. And though O’Hare has yet to take the same route as Grealish, who left Villa for Manchester City for £100million in summer 2021, the Coventry attacking midfielder is starting to catch the eye of top-flight clubs at home and abroad.
O’Hare has recovered only recently from a serious knee injury suffered in December 2022 but has been flying since his comeback.

The 25-year-old’s double against Championship leaders Leicester took his tally in all competitions to six, with a single assist. More significantly, since O’Hare returned to action, Coventry have climbed from the fringes of the relegation battle into a play-off spot.
If he can stay fit, there is little doubt that O’Hare will be in the Premier League before too long. He is out of contract in the summer and now free to negotiate with clubs outside English football.
O’Hare was offered a new deal by Coventry last month but has decided to take his time, preferring to focus instead of regaining full fitness and driving the Sky Blues up the table. While the offer remains on the table, rivals will make their moves, and there are sides in Spain monitoring O’Hare’s situation as well as those in England.
There are still those at Villa who believe the club made a mistake in allowing O’Hare to leave on a free transfer three years ago. Though his best position is as an attacking midfielder operating close to a central striker, he has also been used on both flanks. Had a different regime been in place at Villa back then, O’Hare would surely have been handled more sensibly.
Used as a No 10 in a 4-2-3-1 against Leicester, O’Hare was right at home. Though both his goals arrived late in the second half, his first-half contribution was arguably more impressive.
He found space intelligently between defence and midfield and stretched Enzo Maresca’s side with his skill and imagination. With O’Hare in this form, Coventry look a good bet for a second straight top-six finish.
It would be no surprise to see O’Hare duelling with Grealish in the Premier League next season. Whether he will still be wearing the Sky Blue of Coventry is another matter entirely.

slowpoke

Would you think possibly £25 to £30k a week is being too greedy ?
It is the going rate at least for top players, we get promotion our wage bill as it stands multiplies upwards.
Doug King is no fool he knows that.
He has to pay COH top dollar

jimmyhillsfanclub

IMO, The only way he will be staying is if we win promotion.....Even then, its certainly not a given.....

Just enjoy him while he's here, playing well, creating & scoring goals & hopefully driving us to a top 6 finish.

AOM

If he does end up at either Celtic or Rangers, it'd be a backwards step for him.

Can they even offer very high wages up there? Surely can't be much higher than quite a few Championship teams.
Guess he could play in a few European games but yeah, wouldn't be a good move imo

SkyBlueMatt

I don't think he's signing but what we do know is he'll give 100% for the rest of the season. Him being a star for the next 6 months helps him and us.

He's my favourite player so I would be ecstatic if he did sign but of all the shit we've been through over the last 10 years. No player is worth jeopardising the finances of the club. For what it's worth, I think he should be in with the top earners at the club.

I don't think he's injury prone. I'm glad the club is taking emotion out of it because the fact is, he is coming off a big injury. Based on absolutely no knowledge whatsoever, I'd imagine the club is offering him a contract heavily weighted on bonuses (appearances).

Either way, it's going to be an exciting end to the season and he will do everything he can to get us into the playoffs.

David O'Day

Can they even offer very high wages up there? Surely can't be much higher than quite a few Championship teams.
Guess he could play in a few European games but yeah, wouldn't be a good move imo
probably, Celtic for example are actually very rich and make a lot of money

anyway can'gt see him making an decision until the PL teams are allowed to speak to him

Porkchophill

From what I have heard there’s quite a big gap on what’s been offered to Callum , and the top earners , for me he’s proven his worth countless times since we stole him off the vile …. Match him with the top earners , because the outlay for a replacement will be a hell of a lot more , and no guarantee … I’m sure we would pay 5m + for him if he wasn’t our player

Greggs

Scotland.....he ain't moving there, do they even have grass pitches? Better of playing for beduff.

shmmeee

From what I have heard there’s quite a big gap on what’s been offered to Callum , and the top earners , for me he’s proven his worth countless times since we stole him off the vile …. Match him with the top earners , because the outlay for a replacement will be a hell of a lot more , and no guarantee … I’m sure we would pay 5m + for him if he wasn’t our player

Even if we were going to, unless he’s going abroad there’s no reason to yet.

shmmeee

To stop him being courted by other clubs surely ?

He’s being courted by us. Other clubs cant offer him more until the summer. Better to have one last ditch improvement in our pocket for them IMO. There’s no reason for him to sign anything right now.

Users who are viewing this thread