Callum contract offer (12 Viewers)

GaryJones

I don’t think it matters what he is offered - he is going to wait until the end of the season and make a decision then regardless.
If we are promoted he will probably stay - if not he will listen to other offers just as Vik did.
Meanwhile he will be motivated to keep on playing out of his skin which will only benefit both Callum & the club.
Can’t see us letting him go anywhere in January unless someone offers £15million plus and I can’t see that happening anytime soon.
I’ve got a good feeling about things this season and see another tilt at the play-offs again.
I will continue to enjoy watching OHare for as long as he is with the club.

covmark

I don’t think it matters what he is offered - he is going to wait until the end of the season and make a decision then regardless.
If we are promoted he will probably stay - if not he will listen to other offers just as Vik did.
Meanwhile he will be motivated to keep on playing out of his skin which will only benefit both Callum & the club.
Can’t see us letting him go anywhere in January unless someone offers £15million plus and I can’t see that happening anytime soon.
I’ve got a good feeling about things this season and see another tilt at the play-offs again.
No way will anyone offer £15m. If someone offers £5m it'll severely test our resolve. Hopefully he signs the contract soon.

Alkhen

Yep this is how I see it. He holds all the cards. He isn't signing anything anytime soon, why would he? He'll either stick with us on a massive pay hike if we go up or have his pick of clubs in the summer.

Let's just enjoy him and let him play as Robin's said. No amount of moaning, pleading or blaming the club will change the situation

djr8369

The way he was greeting some of the Leicester players after the game it looked like he’s already in conversation with them and to meet the squad.

GaryJones

Nah - he was telling the Leicester players “told you we would fuck you up”

skyblu3sk

🤣🤣 I love how simple it is in some people's minds. Why would he sign up to be our highest paid player when he could be offered a move to the prem on double that or more. He's going to wait and see if he gets offered more. What I will say is I'll be surprised if he goes to another Championship club unless they are pretty much guaranteed to go back up.

hill83

🤣🤣 I love how simple it is in some people's minds. Why would he sign up to be our highest paid player when he could be offered a move to the prem on double that or more. He's going to wait and see if he gets offered more. What I will say is I'll be surprised if he goes to another Championship club unless they are pretty much guaranteed to go back up.

Add to that he’s a Villa fan isn’t he? I’m a Cov fan and I’d be off for an extra fiver

mrtrench

Just seen his interview on Sky. He’s clearly biding his time until the end of the season. Keep him until then, let him showcase his talent by taking us into the play-offs and then who knows ? Say goodbye and thanks for everything or sign him up. He loves it here so hopefully that will be a factor but no criticism from me for somebody who wants to test himself at the very top if he gets the chance

I didn't interpret the comment that way. It sounded to me that he wants a bit more then he will sign. 'let's see what happens after this game' is an invitation for more given he just scored two.

Grendel

A bit of good faith in exchange for having supported his recovery from serious injury

The club has to - its no different if someone has an illness in a company that means they cannot work for 9 months - or if someone is on maternity leave and paid - they can still move if they were offered more money

Brighton Sky Blue

The club has to - its no different if someone has an illness in a company that means they cannot work for 9 months - or if someone is on maternity leave and paid - they can still move if they were offered more money
This isn’t about leaving but leaving for nothing when a contract with a clause at least gives the club something while not getting in his way.

Grendel

This isn’t about leaving but leaving for nothing when a contract with a clause at least gives the club something while not getting in his way.

Why? If he broke his leg next week will the club give him a two year deal as compensation or bin him off? We would not have offered him a deal if he had his ACL on the last day of his contract would we?

Brighton Sky Blue

Why? If he broke his leg next week will the club give him a two year deal as compensation or bin him off? We would not have offered him a deal if he had his ACL on the last day of his contract would we?
Dealing with the present reality however, he’s fully fit and in form.

SBT

What contract with a clause are you imagining that doesn’t harm his earnings potential in the summer?

If we wanted to offer him such a contract six months ago then nothing was stopping us.

Brighton Sky Blue

What contract with a clause are you imagining that doesn’t harm his earnings potential in the summer?

If we wanted to offer him such a contract six months ago then nothing was stopping us.
I mean a non promotion clause with a modest fee. Would hardly put anyone off would it?

SBT

I mean a non promotion clause with a modest fee. Would hardly put anyone off would it?
Well forcing any interested club to pay a transfer fee would impact how much they could offer in wages - for that reason alone he’s incentivised to wait for a better offer, surely?

Again - a month ago you were questioning his commitment and doubting that anyone would be interested. If he gets a better offer then it’s our fault, not his.

Users who are viewing this thread