Callum contract offer (1 Viewer)

SBAndy

Are fans pissed off with Hamer?

Either way - if Coventry fans end up pissed off with him for leaving then why pretend he’s going to care when he’d be playing for a better team for more money?

Kind of proves the point of this course of action, doesn’t it. For all of us bemoaning the fact he strung the club along, the vast majority are still mega fans. To be fair, I’m still fond of him - fantastic player to have seen play for us. Just wish GIMOC and Dawkins piped down.

higgs

If he goes for free in the summer so be it he we got a good 3 yrs with him he could break down again but hopefully not and we have the summer to replace him and if we made it to the prem this season probably a good chance he would stay

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk

Sky Blue Harry H

Fuckety fuck fuck. Does that mean if he signs for us, then we’ll have been had?

O’Hare is walking a tightrope if he thinks we are going to hang around. Put him in the bomb squad for the rest of the season if he doesn’t sign by this time next week. Make him start on the bench until then.

Somebody must have hacked me, or you've pasted someone's comment against my name - I've never posted that comment about C O'H !!

chiefdave

Felt for Gimoc with some of the stick he took passing on what he'd heard, but I don't like this at all. Stuff like this can undermine the players and if it gets traction can destroy team spirit. There's no need at all.
this is stuff that absolutely has to stay internal even if its 100% true. Let Robins and his team deal with it. There's absolutely no benefit to making it public.

Alkhen

this is stuff that absolutely has to stay internal even if its 100% true. Let Robins and his team deal with it. There's absolutely no benefit to making it public.
It's bollocks, Gimoc is claiming Simms is the club's highest earner which is just not true.

Brighton Sky Blue

Felt for Gimoc with some of the stick he took passing on what he'd heard, but I don't like this at all. Stuff like this can undermine the players and if it gets traction can destroy team spirit. There's no need at all.
Then the first thing to do is ignore it and not give him the attention he seeks

Alkhen

Dunno if it's what is happening with O'Hare but heres my theory on why there was all those rumours with Hamer in the summer:

If you were a footballer who was friends with a fan you'd have a hard time not disappointing them by just coming out and saying you are off. You'd be non committal or even try and spin it that so you looked the good guy.

stupot07

He's obviously bullshitting though.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

SBT

Fair enough, I suppose integrity isn't something that important to you. Maybe I'm just old fashioned
Barely a month ago you were slagging him off for not trying hard enough after coming back from a torn ACL. I’m not sure why you’re suddenly clutching your pearls and talking about a lack of integrity if he ultimately decides to leave. He will jump ship this summer just as easily as we would have cut ties had the shoe been on the other foot.

robbiekeane

He’s a c**t for this in my opinion - completely out of order with no motive other than to stir shit up. Not sure how they can call themselves a city fan

Chris1987

COH was always going to give nothing away in that interview. His agent will have issued clear instructions to say bugger all

junglej13

Talking about salaries and speculating about others salaries (footballers or not) is utterly classless.

It sounds generally like the club have taken a similar stance as they did with Hamer. If a player can go and earn a substantially higher salary elsewhere then they should go and get it because they have outgrown the club.

Sky Blue Pete

Talking about salaries and speculating about others salaries (footballers or not) is utterly classless.

It sounds generally like the club have taken a similar stance as they did with Hamer. If a player can go and earn a substantially higher salary elsewhere then they should go and get it because they have outgrown the club.
Coh may have without his injury but he is being really badly advised not signing a new deal with a release clause. What does he think happens with a serious injury in the next 5 months?

Sky Blue Harry H

Coh may have without his injury but he is being really badly advised not signing a new deal with a release clause. What does he think happens with a serious injury in the next 5 months?

That sounds (understandably) a bit emotional Pete. We all want him to stay, but if he is going to move, you can understand why he won't sigh, as he will cost his new club less, and be able to negotiate higher wages. It won't be as though he/his agent haven't considered what will happen if he picks up another injury. Que sera, sera with me regarding this. Love him to stay, but we have a much stronger squad to start with now, should he leave.

Balli001

Why would he sign a deal with a release clause? Can literally leave for no fee and negotiate his own deal in 5 months

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

Because we’ll offer her a 1 year deal. There’s no way on this earth we’d just toss him out if he breaks down again.

he’s waiting to may to see what else he can get

Theonlywayisskyblue

Just seen his interview on Sky. He’s clearly biding his time until the end of the season. Keep him until then, let him showcase his talent by taking us into the play-offs and then who knows ? Say goodbye and thanks for everything or sign him up. He loves it here so hopefully that will be a factor but no criticism from me for somebody who wants to test himself at the very top if he gets the chance

Reactions: AOM

Users who are viewing this thread