Callum Ball on SBP (1 Viewer)

Coventry La La La

Callum Ball on SkyBluesPlayer

"4-4-2 made us look allot better as a side"

"Players have built confidence from Arsenal performance"

"Robins been brilliant since he come in, everybody's looking forward to training"

"When I first come here there were no fines which was allot different to my time at Derby as there where fines for being late to training or leaving your kit behind. Now Mark Robins has come in there's fines being thrown out now one of the fines is if you let your man score from a set piece it's ₤100 fine to the club but if you score from a set piece then it's a ₤100 bonus.

Last edited:

wal3590

About time we had a bit of discipline, looks like thorn just let them doss.

Last edited:

RichieGunns

About time we had a bit of discipline, looks like thorn just let them doss.

Probably part of the reason why they're so unfit and why Thorn had no respect from the players.

By the sounds of it, the club was run like a social club (pet names etc) and thats not what a football club should be like in my opinion.

Glad Robins is starting to make things tick over in a proper fassion again :D

Nick

Administrator
It is good to see that there is finally a bit of discipline going on at last.

Maybe if people are being fined for letting their man score we will concede less from set play.

Sky Blue Sheepy

Good they have been given fines, but having a matching bonus is good too - reward success as well as punishing failure.

Robins has got an easy job at the moment - all he has to do is bring in the various rules that most managers would employ, but Thorn seemingly didn't do.

DazzleTommyDazzle

Personally I'm in favour of the disciplined approach, however....

anyone remember the stories of unrest in the club because AB was so regimented in the way everything was done. When Thorn came in and "treated players as grown ups", that seemed to get a positive reaction. Then people get used to that and seemimgly start to take advantage, so now we have a positive reaction from a reintroduction of discipline.

Plus ca change............

Sky Blue Sheepy

Personally I'm in favour of the disciplined approach, however....

anyone remember the stories of unrest in the club because AB was so regimented in the way everything was done. When Thorn came in and "treated players as grown ups", that seemed to get a positive reaction. Then people get used to that and seemimgly start to take advantage, so now we have a positive reaction from a reintroduction of discipline.

Plus ca change............
The only thing we can hope is the rewards reduce the feeling of unrest that was suffered last time. Or our players are a bit more grown up this time.

ajsccfc

By the sounds of it, the club was run like a social club (pet names etc) and thats not what a football club should be like in my opinion.

Glad Robins is starting to make things tick over in a proper fassion again :D

Robins does refer to John Fleck as 'Flecky' which was a little disappointing. If only because footballer nicknames are the drizzling shits in general.

stevo_ccfc

Robins does refer to John Fleck as 'Flecky' which was a little disappointing. If only because footballer nicknames are the drizzling shits in general.

I think thats due to him playing with his uncle when they were at Norwich so more absent minded pally naming than bakes, belly etc

WeWillBeBack

So glad that there's a bit of discipline around the place now.... but lets be serious, £100 is nothing to people who are on £3000-£7000 p/w.

stevo_ccfc

So glad that there's a bit of discipline around the place now.... but lets be serious, £100 is nothing to people who are on £3000-£7000 p/w.

It doesn't need to be serious, these small fines/ rewards set the tone. Any serious breach of discipline will be met with a far greater fine

SkyBlue_Bear83

I agree but if a player is docked 1k everytime someone scored from a set piece I can see some pretty unhappy players

ajsccfc

It's a little extra conditioning; you mess up, you lose out. Even if it's inconsequential it helps to hopefully establish a more disciplined mindset.

Sick Boy

It is so refreshing to have a proper manager in charge of our club, more and more he is showing how useless the last one was.

Grendel

It is so refreshing to have a proper manager in charge of our club, more and more he is showing how useless the last one was.

Agreed the gulf is embarrassing.

The good thing about this fine /reward system is that although it might seem like peanuts, it will cause a bit of a competition amongst the players. well done Robins i say.

Skybluestu82

The good thing about this fine /reward system is that although it might seem like peanuts, it will cause a bit of a competition amongst the players. well done Robins i say.

Agree 100%!

I imagine there would be some sort of board/list of positive and negative fines and would push the guys to achieve a bit of Kudos of being top of the list and vice versa not wanting to be at the foot of the board.

It could be fines of jelly babies or anything really, the £100 isn't that important. If it were grands tho it would seriously piss people off.

Users who are viewing this thread