Callum Ball must never play for CCFC again (1 Viewer)

CJparker

He was so bad today, it was beyond belief. No idea why SP has picked him ahead of Wilson in the last 2 games.

Get shot of him now. Almost breaks the trades descriptions act in describing himself as "footballer"

CJparker

Agreed but we should not boo our own player off.

I didn't boo him - was en route to the gents as he was going off and didn't hear any booing, but did hear applause for the change.

Delboycov

With nothing to play for but pride I'd use the remaining games to give some of the young fringe players that will probably be here next season a run out...wouldn't bother with loan players at all if possible.

J

Jack Griffin

Ball is on loan, so I'm wondering why he gets a game in front of players who commited to the club, is there an agenda to SP's team selection?

Just wondering.

CJparker

Agreed but we should not boo our own player off.

Oh and he isn't ours - he plays for Derby :p

Dellboy is right - none of the loanees should be playing now:

Martin out, for Willis
Ball out, for Wilson
Bailey out, for Thomas

sw88

Chief Commentator!
I didn't boo him - was en route to the gents as he was going off and didn't hear any booing, but did hear applause for the change.

Where were the toilets for you to not hear the booing? The boos were louder than the ones Sheff got (which admittedly i didnt hear at the Ricoh). Maybe that was just down to location, but id have thought they could be well heard within the Bescot - smaller ground, less atmosphere.......ok maybe not the latter ;)

I thought the boo's were unnecessary. Hes a young lad, not played much, hampered by injuries, and does try his best but as with most other strikers, isnt suited to the lone man upfront when little support is offered by the midfield

play_in_skyblue_stripes

I have never seen Callum Ball play.

On the face of it does seem somewhat strange to play him ahead of Coventry City Holdings registered players.

However pretty obvious from an outside perspective that McDonald is NOT rated by any of the recent managers so must be something in that.

Callum Wilson sounds a good prospect and seemed to liven things up listening on the internet. However you may have to trust the managers judgement here, maybe Wilson not quite ready for 90 minutes game.

But to say never play again when we are two strikers down ie Clarke and Ellliot and clearly McDonald just isnt up to it, its unwise. Smacks of Bobby Gould about Raddy Avramovic in the 80's which almost got us relegated

I hope Callum Wilson gets a game next time too but dont be too hard on Ball

CJparker

I have never seen Callum Ball play.

On the face of it does seem somewhat strange to play him ahead of Coventry City Holdings registered players.

However pretty obvious from an outside perspective that McDonald is NOT rated by any of the recent managers so must be something in that.

Callum Wilson sounds a good prospect and seemed to liven things up listening on the internet. However you may have to trust the managers judgement here, maybe Wilson not quite ready for 90 minutes game.

But to say never play again when we are two strikers down ie Clarke and Ellliot and clearly McDonald just isnt up to it, its unwise. Smacks of Bobby Gould about Raddy Avramovic in the 80's which almost got us relegated

I hope Callum Wilson gets a game next time too but dont be too hard on Ball

Didn't we used to have a player called Danny Philiskirk? Can't he share striking duties with Wilson / Cody? What about the former teen sensation Billy Daniels?

play_in_skyblue_stripes

Totally forgot about Philiskirk.

Someone else mentioned this earlier why is Mcdonald always referred to by his first name and no-one else.

I can understand for legends like Cyrille but Cody Mcdonald?? He's been perhaps a bigger let down than our previous Norwich striker purchase, our 'good' sic friend Belland

ampthill_sba

It was staggering that he was left on after half time. His miss after the shot by Baker? was parried was v poor indeed. He didn't hold the ball up, his passing wasn't sharp and his first touch was awful. I agree with thread title.

Users who are viewing this thread