Call for more pressure on FA & FL (1 Viewer)

torchomatic

Let down by the local authority? Controversial.

torchomatic

Monners

Might actually write to my MP in Northampton North, although I suspect he might not even be aware that football is even played in the town. He has been MIA since the 2010 Election, so I don't expect too much.

Captain Dart

He didn't get the fixfootball.co.uk petition link in the story. It must be uncomfortable on that fence where he is sitting.

Sterling Archer

I'd love for the FA & FL to be held culpable for a proportion of this mess but I fear that they will simply brush any pressure thrust upon them, off their shoulders.

They're the ones that OK'ed this move as well as OK'ed the decision to let a SISU child company takeover after administration.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
He didn't get the fixfootball.co.uk petition link in the story. It must be uncomfortable on that fence where he is sitting.

no but then again he did contact 87 of the Supporters Trusts to ask them to get their members to sign the petition (post 211 on the official petition thread) :thinking about:

Last edited:

fernandopartridge

I don't disagree with the premise of the campaign but it's fixing the symptom, not the cause.

The petition is too vague for me. What does it want the Department to do?

In CCFC's case in December 2007, what might have stopped SISU taking the club over and why?

ashbyjan

I don't disagree with the premise of the campaign but it's fixing the symptom, not the cause.

In CCFC's case in December 2007, what might have stopped SISU taking the club over and why?

The petition is Michael's baby and hopefully it will get good numers. I am asking people to write to their MP's to demand a change in football governance in general by the MP's supporting the Private Members Bill on the matter and the DCMS Select committee. It won't directly solve the issue at CCFC but it will hopefully put pressure on the FA and FL to get their house in order. It might get them to become more involved with matters such as us being at Sixfields and not burying their heads in the sand and hiding behind a mountain of lame excuses.

duffer

The completely opaque and multi-layered ownership structure for one thing.

The fact that no one really knows where SISU's money comes from should be a massive red flag to anyone wanting to see whether they are fit and proper owners. How can you tell whether they are fit and proper, when you don't even know who they are?

RoboCCFC90

All the peititions, protests and MP letters aren't going to rid Football of it's one common enemy, so to me it's a good idea but not one that will work.

duffer

All the peititions, protests and MP letters aren't going to rid Football of it's one common enemy, so to me it's a good idea but not one that will work.

You've lost me on the one common enemy thing. Germany? ;)

Personally I think the last thing the FL and FA will want is the Government taking an interest in them.

If I was standing for election in a key swing marginal, and thought there were some votes in it, I'd be putting my kicking boots on and making lots of noise about how crap football governance is. It's how things tend to get noticed and changed in democracies.

RoboCCFC90

You've lost me on the one common enemy thing. Germany? ;)

Personally I think the last thing the FL and FA will want is the Government taking an interest in them.

If I was standing for election in a key swing marginal, and thought there were some votes in it, I'd be putting my kicking boots on and making lots of noise about how crap football governance is. It's how things tend to get noticed and changed in democracies.

;) You never know but with the World Cup coming up we need to make sure they don't play us any stage..

Back on topic though the one common enemy in our situation, Hull's, Cardiff's, Portsmouth's is money, money is killing the game and effectively it's why we are in Northampton, I agree the FL and FA have been shambolic, but even they can't stop things like our situation happening because the financial aspect of the Club is out of their remit, unless they put strict rules in place, which unfortunately to line the pockets of the Premier League, FA and Football League, they won't.

duffer

;) You never know but with the World Cup coming up we need to make sure they don't play us any stage..

Back on topic though the one common enemy in our situation, Hull's, Cardiff's, Portsmouth's is money, money is killing the game and effectively it's why we are in Northampton, I agree the FL and FA have been shambolic, but even they can't stop things like our situation happening because the financial aspect of the Club is out of their remit, unless they put strict rules in place, which unfortunately to line the pockets of the Premier League, FA and Football League, they won't.

Don't fall off your chair mate, but I couldn't agree with you more. :)

It's utterly incredible that there's this vast amount of money going into the game, and yet clubs are still going pop. It could only happen in football.

RoboCCFC90

Don't fall off your chair mate, but I couldn't agree with you more. :)

It's utterly incredible that there's this vast amount of money going into the game, and yet clubs are still going pop. It could only happen in football.

I didn't fall off my chair but had to look twice :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sbarcher

My MP is David Cameron, when the template is available I will send it off to him. Can't fail with him on board. :claping hands:

fernandopartridge

The completely opaque and multi-layered ownership structure for one thing.

The fact that no one really knows where SISU's money comes from should be a massive red flag to anyone wanting to see whether they are fit and proper owners. How can you tell whether they are fit and proper, when you don't even know who they are?

Aye. They wouldn't even be interested in the game if it wasn't for the potential of getting rich quick through promotion to the Premier League. That is the problem. The Premier League and its completely unfair television deal.

mark_ccfc

The root cause is players wages. An enormous amount of money seems to go into the players pockets, leaving nothing for the infrastructure of the game - especially at the top.
It's all crazy.

shmmeee

The root cause is players wages. An enormous amount of money seems to go into the players pockets, leaving nothing for the infrastructure of the game - especially at the top.
It's all crazy.

Would've thought the Tories would be all over reducing wages and the bargaining power of labour.

The problem with wages is that someone like Ronaldo is probably worth it commercially but another player just as good isn't.

Some method of sharing image rights and similar while keeping actual wages within the scope of ticket income would be a start. Perhaps a wage budget based on ticket revenue rather than turnover would be a start. If you need "non-football income" to survive you have no business plan at all.

Grendel

Astute

Ranson would have sailed through

Would he have been the owner though?

A proper test should be for anybody who will be owning a club. How many of our clubs owners are known to the FL or FA? I would say it is none of them. You only have to let them know if you own more than 10% of a club. It shows the test to be a joke. Nobody is allowed to have an interest in more than one club. But how can they make sure that this doesn't happen when they don't have a clue about who the owners are?

J

Jack Griffin

The petition is Michael's baby and hopefully it will get good numers. I am asking people to write to their MP's to demand a change in football governance in general by the MP's supporting the Private Members Bill on the matter and the DCMS Select committee. It won't directly solve the issue at CCFC but it will hopefully put pressure on the FA and FL to get their house in order. It might get them to become more involved with matters such as us being at Sixfields and not burying their heads in the sand and hiding behind a mountain of lame excuses.

Tweet by Damien Collins MP, sponsor of the Private Members Bill Jan mentions.
dccapt10.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread