C& w (1 Viewer)

psgm1

Banned
Just listened to yet another pile of bilge from Stuart Linnell.

TOTALLY DELUSIONAL.

Someone blasted him with good points, and he just ridiculed the bloke!

Heaven help him when Thorn does eventually fail.

How on earth he got a job as a sports presenter I will never know.

Guy is totally clueless- almost as clueless as that tool JAN.

HOFFMAN HAS STATED HE IS waiting till club goes into admin -

Are CWT paid by SISU?

Used to be poor, but now they don't even pretend to be on the side of the club.

Defend Thorn regardless. GIvewn their way, if Cov got relegated AGAIN, still wouldn't blame Thorn!

Marty

They have been poor for a while, anyone remember away last season at Palace when we scored and they were adamant we hadn't:facepalm:, had to get SSN to confirm it live on air. bunch of clowns.

Nonleagueherewecome

Caller: "When Leeds were in this division they spent money and it took them 3 seasons to get out of it"

SL: "Leeds haven't got money now! Leeds, in the past few seasons.."

Caller: "You're talking about Leeds now: I'm talking about when they were in what I call Division 3!"

SL: "But Leeds haven't spent any money in the last 2 or 3 seasons"

Caller: "You're talking about now, not then! They spent money to get promoted!"

SL: (CLEARLY STILL NOT GETTING IT) "Yeah, alright..."

What a :jerkit:

Colonel Mustard

Nothing new here - Linnell is fanatical. I remember last season he categorically said "I'm sorry, but if you think Andy Thorn is a bad manager, then you don't know anything about football."

@richh87

Linnell is a complete :jerkit:

However, he was right in that Thorn can only be fairly judged now. The OP claiming he must be paid by SISU doesn't make sense - as knob jockey Linnell was saying what a pathetic squad they provided last year.

Grendel

I can't remember which game it was but one we scored in the first minute of the second half. I was in the toilet and linnel was next to me. During the phone in he was waxing lyrical about it - he's just an idiot and the fact he likes thorn hardly says much for thorn really.

Many years ago we lost to Norwich away and at the time Ogrizovic was getting stick. Linnel was in the studio so he hadn't seen the game but was effectively encouraging fans who also hadn't been to the game to slag him off and blame him for the defeat. Ogrizovics wife rang and said her son was in tears - but he just carried on.

I never had any respect for him anyway but after that I just thought your the type of person I can't relate to.

His comment about thorn I suspect is his pitiful attempt and controversy but it fails as it sounds false and ridiculous,

Foster is a bumbling fool as well.

The show is a disaster.

Sick Boy

Just listened to yet another pile of bilge from Stuart Linnell.

TOTALLY DELUSIONAL.

Someone blasted him with good points, and he just ridiculed the bloke!

Heaven help him when Thorn does eventually fail.

How on earth he got a job as a sports presenter I will never know.

Guy is totally clueless- almost as clueless as that tool JAN.

HOFFMAN HAS STATED HE IS waiting till club goes into admin -

Are CWT paid by SISU?

Used to be poor, but now they don't even pretend to be on the side of the club.

Defend Thorn regardless. GIvewn their way, if Cov got relegated AGAIN, still wouldn't blame Thorn!

The guy is an absolute prick.

What exactly makes him such an expert on footballing matters? The bloke is a clueless buffoon.

Diehard Si

Didn't listen in to this one as promised the mrs I wouldn't after listening last night and with the game tomorrow.

The callers are generally the manic depressives though, the drinking themselves into a pit of self revulsion types that probably think we're going to get relegated.

Surely it's the presenters job to play devils advocate though? So if he's got a load of whiney old cunts he needs to present a counter.

If people had been phoning up saying we'd walk the league I'm sure he would of tried to dampen them down a bit.

Grendel

Linnel has a love in with thorn, it's pathetic. Still in the Omen trilogy when the anti-Christ thorn is facing extinction he procreates with a loyal journalist.

Now won't that be a lovely sight.

tippex9

You could all phone in to C & W and voice your opinion since its a 'phone-in'..... Might want to tone down the name calling and personal abuse though and remember just because someones opinion is different from yours don't make him wrong. Which is exactly what you're complaining about Stuart Linell....

wingy

Dan Walker was on, reckons we've sold Currently 9k. for Tuesday night don't know if that includes away? Also Blues have asked for the entire away end so 6k. there,Think Iheard tickets @ £15 adults and £5 for kids,don't quote me now.;)

Last edited:

Grendel

You could all phone in to C & W and voice your opinion since its a 'phone-in'..... Might want to tone down the name calling and personal abuse though and remember just because someones opinion is different from yours don't make him wrong. Which is exactly what you're complaining about Stuart Linell....

No I think he is smug, self satisfying, arrogant and wants the programme to be about him. I think he is a poor presenter, shocking commentator and the weekend programmes were so much better before he rejoined.

He is as good at presenting as his best friend is at being a manager.

skybluelee

Winch is fucking abysmal on commentary as well. I paid for sbp subscription to listen to games and at times i can hardly bare it due to him and fosters nonsense.

Grendel

Sports Editor: Radio Hallam, Mercia Sound.

Commentator for the 87 Cup win and when Rob Gurney left Classic Gold to join BBC CWR.

Wow. When you say commentator on the cup final that of course was Mercia which he presented on. The same channel he indulged the disgusting witch hunt on the cup winner Ogrizovic.

He is about as "qualified" as an A level biology student is to perform brain surgery.

AFCCOVENTRY

To be honest that phone in is just damn awful. Presenters are poor and some of the fans that call up are just as bad.

Mary_Mungo_Midge

I find Linnell's sycophantic and irrational love of all things Thorn a natural balance to all of the equally creditless anti-Thorn fare on here.

He's the Yin to Grenduffy's Yang. Without both, universal harmony would go awry

Sutty

Most people's problem with Linnell isn't that he has an opposing opinion, more the way refuses to accept any other possibilities.

I remember after England fluked their way past Sweden at the Euros, and he tweeted something along the lines of, 'England are real contenders to win the tournament now, and don't anyone dare say any different'.

Sick Boy

Most people's problem with Linnell isn't that he has an opposing opinion, more the way refuses to accept any other possibilities.

I remember after England fluked their way past Sweden at the Euros, and he tweeted something along the lines of, 'England are real contenders to win the tournament now, and don't anyone dare say any different'.

Says it all about him!

PVA

Linnell is useless and knows absolutely nothing about football.

I quite like Clive and Geoff though.

Buster

To be honest that phone in is just damn awful. Presenters are poor and some of the fans that call up are just as bad.

I get it! This is a joke thread isn't it where you all try and out do each other by rubbishing everyone connected with ccfc. You had me going for a minute.

JulianDarbyFTW

I've tried listening to the iplayer repeat but Jan seemed to have an obsession with clicking his fricking pen next to the mic and it made me turn off so i have no idea how sycophantic Lynell was. I mean, at least he could have clicked it in a rhythm. Perhaps a nice samba beat. Not clickclickclick. pause. click. pause. clickclick.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
I was pissed off with Lonell's attitude tonight more so than normal! How many times did he say 'your entitled to your opinion' then shoot the person down saying how wrong they were!

Wish BBC would just sack him off once again! The guy is unreal!

Why have a 'presenter' (I use the word loosely) who isn't ping to get involved in debates? The shows always end up being about him and his opinions! That's not what he's paid for! It's a phone IN show!

@richh87

He definitely needs sacking, he's absolutely crap and cringeworthy. Comes across as a really slimey, up his own arse, delusional bloke.

I agree with his Thorn stance though. You don't stay up with that squad.

Astute

When I listen to games on SBP I listen to the other clubs commentary a lot of the time. Most are better, but he isn't the worse out of them all.

Comes close though

Nonleagueherewecome

He definitely needs sacking, he's absolutely crap and cringeworthy. Comes across as a really slimey, up his own arse, delusional bloke.

I agree with his Thorn stance though. You don't stay up with that squad.

Yeah exactly, it isn't his opinions that make him a bad presenter. It's his ego and lack of appropriate skills and knowledge for the job. He's so patronising of some callers it's untrue. A lot of them maybe deserve it, but the guy with the Leeds point was making a genuine argument. Linnell just didn't listen to what he was saying and kept interupting. How very rude!

The worst thing about that show is the callers, though. Nasal Nige to kick of the season as first call set the tone perfectly. At least Ian didn't ring up.

Users who are viewing this thread