Byng the mysterious - he tweets (1 Viewer)

J

Jack Griffin

Make of it what you will, claims he has been contacted by potential purchasers of CCFC

Michael Byng ‏@mbpcworldwide

Have had several approaches. Have asked Wasps to verify their authenticity still waiting for a reply

Last edited by a moderator:

Kingokings204

Does any one believe him? Why does he keep going banging on about it?

SkyBlue_Bear83

Sounds as if Wasps are looking co-partners in ACL and whoever they have contacted have expressed an interest in the football club?

Sounds bull but I think that is what he's trying to say.

Skybluedar

Sounds as if Wasps are looking co-partners in ACL and whoever they have contacted have expressed an interest in the football club?

Sounds bull but I think that is what he's trying to say.

That's what it looks like he is saying alright. If that's the case 50% ownership of the ground with a takeover of the club could be a viable option if he has someone genuinely interested. Reality is it wouldn't take much more than a reasonable playing budget and a good manager to get us out of this rubbish league. The financial reward for a return to the PL massive. Without a takeover we are going to have no club before long. I really hope there is some truth to what he is saying.

SkyBlue_Bear83

That's what it looks like he is saying alright. If that's the case 50% ownership of the ground with a takeover of the club could be a viable option if he has someone genuinely interested. Reality is it wouldn't take much more than a reasonable playing budget and a good manager to get us out of this rubbish league. The financial reward for a return to the PL massive. Without a takeover we are going to have no club before long. I really hope there is some truth to what he is saying.

Hopefully, I just can't see Wasps giving up 50% of the Ricoh.

AFCCOVENTRY

I can't see Wasps giving up any part of Acl right now and I definately don't see Sisu willing to sell.

The problem is Sisu and will always be Sisu.

They will not sell the club.

Hobo

Joy might be quietly satisfied the club are just limping along.

torchomatic

We have two problems:

1. SISU
2. Wasps, chances are they will never sell to anyone. We. Are. Fucked.

I can't see Wasps giving up any part of Acl right now and I definately don't see Sisu willing to sell.

The problem is Sisu and will always be Sisu.

They will not sell the club.

Skybluedar

What can SISU possibly still be around for. The lack of investment in the squad makes it clear that a return to even the championship is not their ambition. Crowds down to record lows along with the team's league position... I just cannot see any reason other than to literally leaving the club hanging on a thread in order to get some offers for a takeover, once they've sold everything they possibly can. A lot of parties including Appleton and the Football League have had a huge part to play in ensuring that we cannot get rid of them and now we are powerless. It's a joke... Fed up.

Bob Latchford

Byng gives my arse a headache.

AFCCOVENTRY

Let's be clear...Byng is a joker. He has said he has been told the club isn't for sale by Sisu yet wants to make an offer.

When Sisu say no...they actually mean it.

In Sisu towers operation premiership is a real possibility apparently...well that's what they tell their pension fund investors in America.

hotrod

Byng, RFC, say no more!!

Alan Dugdale

Make of it what you will, claims he has been contracted by potential purchasers of CCFC

Why would any potential purchaser contact Byng when the club isn't his to sell? He comes across as a complete fantasist, a bit like Dhinsa. At least some of our fans got a free breakfast out of Dhinsa!!

Woz01

Why would any potential purchaser contact Byng when the club isn't his to sell? He comes across as a complete fantasist, a bit like Dhinsa. At least some of our fans got a free breakfast out of Dhinsa!!

Think he is implying that because he has been interested in ccfc that Wasps came to him to invest into acl and have some shares. It would give him a stronger position to negotiate a deal with Sisu. Maybe Wasps want to pay the loan off asap? If he is telling the truth of course.

Samo

Think he is implying that because he has been interested in ccfc that Wasps came to him to invest into acl and have some shares. It would give him a stronger position to negotiate a deal with Sisu. Maybe Wasps want to pay the loan off asap? If he is telling the truth of course.

If there is nothing in it, it is a fucking cruel game to play with fans who are so desperate for any scrap of good news.

chiefdave

Unless Byng is working on behalf of SISU why would anyone wishing to purchase the club need to contact him? They could go direct to SISU. Particularly true for Wasps who already have a relationship with SISU.

skybluedan

If it ain't byng its keys if it ain't keys its Hoffman if it ain't hoffman its joe Elliott if it ain't joe Elliott its Preston Haskell the 24th. And the end of the day it all leads to bollocks

J

Jack Griffin

Hopefully, I just can't see Wasps giving up 50% of the Ricoh.

I can see them being willing to let someone else take on 50% of the £14M loan for a share in the stadium lease.. but do they want to deal with SISU, I doubt it.. do they want to keep CCFC at the stadium, I think they do and besides they have contractual clauses in the lease that give CFFC a place there.

Last edited by a moderator:

SkyBlue_Bear83

Just maybe it's an option.
But hey, let's slag anybody who could just possibly get us out of this mess.
From the horses mouth Wasps are dealing with Ccfc not Sisu.
Byng has been hanging around talking for about 2 years now and nothing has happened so obviously he will come in for criticism, and its been said several times that Wasps have been dealing with the club directly and not anyone from SISU.

John_Silletts_Nose

It is a vague comment which does not explain why he would be involved.

As he reads this forum he should post on here under his name and explain more rather than post cryptic tweets.

Users who are viewing this thread