Bye Coventry thanks for the memories (1 Viewer)

Macca

Though I m a little biased, I'd happily enjoy watching the place burn to the ground

Obviously I have no strong feelings on the matter

tommydazzle

Agreed the loss of HR is a significant factor - I was hooked in the 70s when it was often packed out (averaged over 30,000 in 1970) and always loud. It makes me wonder how any youngster sitting in that windswept concrete bowl would ever think it an experience worth repeating :(??

Macca

Agreed the loss of HR is a significant factor - I was hooked in the 70s when it was often packed out (averaged over 30,000 in 1970) and always loud. It makes me wonder how any youngster sitting in that windswept concrete bowl would ever think it an experience worth repeating :(??

It will take until a generation comes through that doesn t remember anything else. Need to get rid of us dinosaurs over 35 :)

coundonskyblue

I hate to ruin the highfield road love in, but has everyone forgot that our last game there guaranteed championship safety.

That should remind people that this club had serious problems long before moving to the Ricoh.

blueflint

if we had built the ricoh and owned it all the revenue from take that and other major promotions could of saved us from this mess as we would of been able to buy the players we have needed

cloughie

If we get the manager wrong this time I believe the club will go into a terminal decline that will be difficult to recover from. Years and years of dross with no hope of even mounting a challenge for promotion, or winning anything. Even the die hard fans are at their wits end, enough is enough you can hear it at every game now. As the classic saying is 'Don't let the bastards grind you down', well in most of our cases the bastards have....

Think this sums up where we are at

ccfcway

If we get the manager wrong this time I believe the club will go into a terminal decline that will be difficult to recover from. Years and years of dross with no hope of even mounting a challenge for promotion, or winning anything. Even the die hard fans are at their wits end, enough is enough you can hear it at every game now. As the classic saying is 'Don't let the bastards grind you down', well in most of our cases the bastards have....

i remember saying something similar after John Sillett left !

:facepalm:

AFCCOVENTRY

These are very testing times especially for the fans more than anything.

All the good feeling we had in the summer just seems to be zapped 5 league games in.

As i have said before... the death or re-birth of Coventry will be down to the next manager.

Big big responsibility and huge pressure for the next victim at the helm.

coundonskyblue

Its interesting how everyone is at of the same opinion that without a top 6 finish this year there will be massive repercussions for the club.

What does everyone think the likely outcome would be if we don't make the top 6?

Users who are viewing this thread