bye bye promotion (2 Viewers)

covcity4life

Still 3 pts off. Even if Bradford win it's 5pts eith 8 games to go. Silly to say goodbye now

We will win Tuesday I'm sure if we play like we did today.

To get playoffs we will have to best the best though so it's time for Defence and attack to click st same time

idm1975

Still 3 pts off. Even if Bradford win it's 5pts eith 8 games to go. Silly to say goodbye now

We will win Tuesday I'm sure if we play like we did today.

To get playoffs we will have to best the best though so it's time for Defence and attack to click st same time
We are in a better place than we have been for a few years, lets get behind our boys and cheer them till the end. In tony we trust and up the fucking cov!

SkyblueBazza

I reckon by the end of the Xmas period TM had decided that given we would lose the loanees - we would likely be straight back down next season! So he started looking to next season...real signings to develop. There doesn't seem to be the same passion & spirit now as there was early November - because 1/2 of the squad don't give a damn...they're moving on anyway!

...onwards & upwards PUSB

Otis

Don't wish to piss on anyone's chips and yes, it is only 3 points behind, but we have to be realistic here.

To put it in perspective, we will almost certainly have to win 5 out of 8 to even have a chance. TM said this very same thing.

5 wins gives us a chance, 6 should ensure we're in. That was more or less his exact words

So, 5 wins out of 8, from a team that has lost 8 out of 12, won just 4 in 19, scored just 4 goals in 7 games.

If you think back, we were top 6, 11 points clear of 7th place.

Talk was of overtaking Burton - we are now 18 points behind.

When we would lose It was 'but we're still top 6.'

Lose again and it was 'but we are still 6th.'

Kept on losing 'but we're still 7th.'

'It's just 1 point behind.'

'We have a game in hand.'

Kept losing and it was 'we are only 2 points behind.'

Now it is 3. By 5 pm in could be 5 points.

We were top, then 3rd, 4th, 5th, then 6th for quite a while, then it was 7th, then 8th, now we are 9th.

Unfortunately it is now not just about 3 points. We now have to overtake Rochdale, Bradford and Barnsley too so 3 teams. It was just 1, that has now become 3 and there are a queue behind us too.

Every time someone overtakes us that's another team to catch.

We now need totally brilliant form and for at least 3 teams to fail and this needs to come from a team not scoring goals, letting stupid goals in at the back and having lost 8 out of 12!

It might just be 3 points, but the task is so much harder than that looks.

Our confidence now must be shot to pieces, while teams around us are buoyant.

We have been on a terrible run since November.

I was confident of 4 points from these 2 Easter games. I am now not even confident of beating Colchester.

For me the play-offs have gone. It's all now about trying to halt this dreadful slide.

standupforcity

Most definitely.

All about looking to next season now unfortunately.

Three points outside playoffs Otis, with the arrival of JJ on the scene, a good performance last night, and the return of our internationals...very far from over yet I'd say...

Macca

A good performance last night? One that makes me think we can win 5-8 games and turn around the worst form I can remember....................well ok I guess you all must know something I don't and I'm not taking the right drugs

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Can't see us picking up 2 wins on the bounce anywhere from now on in.

Dreading those 4 consecutive games against the sides above us!

Otis

Yep. How can we possibly think we can win 5 out of 8 when we can't even win 2 on the bounce!

Last time we won 2 in a row was November, 4 months ago.

One thing to be positive about though! In March we have some easy games coming up.

oucho

Three points outside playoffs Otis, with the arrival of JJ on the scene, a good performance last night, and the return of our internationals...very far from over yet I'd say...

Exactly. Although our run in looks a lot tougher now, the season is very far from over.

Even if we don't go up, so what? This season has been progress. With every new manager, my opinion would be to give them 3 years - basically write off the first three seasons, then judge them how they get on after the fourth. It takes a long time to build up a club in your own image. All the chopping and changing means that most of our managers have had to play the previous guys' signings and hasn't had a chance to build a team that's 100% their own - a long term focus on the youth team by a single manager would be far more productive too, as they could shape the way the younger players develop, to fit the philosophy into which they'll graduate. Too many fans seem to think that success this season, the next game, is the most important thing. Need to understand that in football the short term doesn't matter.

Sky Blue Kid

Id sack off ricketts , henderson, hunt and bigi....we need better than that.id keep lorentzon think he will get better as time goes by. New boy looked very dangerous..could he be armstrongs replacement? Could tm shove him up top and use his pace in behind? Id have murphy back next season just due to his pace outlet nothing more...Reda is a must resign him now ...

You were doing so well till then mate ;)

The Gentleman

Not over yet.

Still only three points from the play offs with Bradford, Wigan, Gills and Millwall to play.

I thought we played OK tonight, think if we had a strong back 4 we would've won.

Let's see what happens next weekend. Massive game!

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Yes but the other teams are winning games, we aren't. We need to be playing better than OK and unfortunately we don't have a strong back four. I like your optimism but sometimes reality is the better thing to look at.

Nick

Administrator
It has gone from it's ok we are fourth, fifth, don't worry we are in the play offs, don't worry we are three points from the play offs

stupot07

It was a good 35 minutes against an inept Peterborough side, as soon as they made the sub and changed the system we were pretty average.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

stupot07

Id sack off ricketts , henderson, hunt and bigi....we need better than that.id keep lorentzon think he will get better as time goes by. New boy looked very dangerous..could he be armstrongs replacement? Could tm shove him up top and use his pace in behind? Id have murphy back next season just due to his pace outlet nothing more...Reda is a must resign him now ...

Yeah, let's get him signed up so he can play his customary 15 games as season, then we can struggle to replace him for the other 2/3rds of the seask like we have this and last season.....

Otis

It was a good 35 minutes against an inept Peterborough side, as soon as they made the sub and changed the system we were pretty average.

Exactly!

It's the Bury thing all over again.

Just look at how poor Peterborough were. Really, really bad!

We did play well, but you have to wonder just how much of that was down to Peterborough's complete ineptitude.

They changed it, we became sterile.

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Yep. How can we possibly think we can win 5 out of 8 when we can't even win 2 on the bounce!

One thing to be positive about though! In March we have some easy games coming up.

Based on both our last 12 league games our form is symmetrical to Villa
2 wins 2 draws 8 defeats.

Just shows in another light how poor our form has been!

Out of our 12 games minus the first of that sequence Burton, all the other sides were below us at the time of playing.

So maybe playing 4 sides 2nd to 7th on the bounce next month will do us wonders!

blueflint

Based on both our last 12 league games our form is symmetrical to Villa
2 wins 2 draws 8 defeats.

Just shows in another light how poor our form has been!

Out of our 12 games minus the first of that sequence Burton, all the other sides were below us at the time of playing.

So maybe playing 4 sides 2nd to 7th on the bounce next month will do us wonders! 

don't hold your breathe mate

kdrinkell

Biggi was crud as well as Ricketts but its the team performance that counts and we have had a dogshit run of results,I truly believe they just need to get down Aubrey Allens and get a dozen bollocks and spines for the team as they clearly need them,they deserve League One I think.

clint van damme

It is all.over too.many teams on an upward game we are falling faster than the titanic. So the season is over FACT and next season is a worry no money no way we will find another Armstrong and loads out of contract (which could be good) but struggle again another rebuild only 15th year in a row I suppose

we've just signed a Bulgarian international and an exciting winger for next year.

This constant rebuilding does piss you off but there are some positive signs in amongst the doom and gloom and we've definitely progressed but it could have been so much better.

higgs

When we were losing there was no urgency to get back into the game even at throw ins or set plays nobody showing leadership very disappointed with ricketts as captain he should be bellowing out his orders to get the team going

Otis

we've just signed a Bulgarian international and an exciting winger for next year.

This constant rebuilding does piss you off but there are some positive signs in amongst the doom and gloom and we've definitely progressed but it could have been so much better.
I would temper that and say it 'looks' like we have progressed.

It's a whole season remember. We are on an awful run and lost 8 out of 12. That has to be as bad as Pressley was achieving last season surely?

We are dropping down the table. This run continues and we end up around 15th or lower, then I would hardly call that progress.

Still 8 games to go. Let's see where we are after that.

AFCCOVENTRY

Last night was meant to be an easy game!

theferret

I admire the optimism of those that say we still have a chance, but it is very slim at best. We need to win 6 out of 8, and I'm not sure we have that in us. I can't see 69 points being enough for 6th place like last season, more like 74-75. Who knows, we win 3 on the bounce and we start to believe again, but if we're being really honest it's over. Looking forward to the end of the season and new hope. This time next year Rodney.

Users who are viewing this thread