buying and selling a house (1 Viewer)

Sky_Blue_Daz

Probably the most stressful experience of my life so far

Nick

Administrator
Haven't had to move yet but house stuff in general is stressful!

Where are you moving to?

stupot07

I know the feeling Daz. Nearly moved twice, both times our buyers pulled out at the last minute.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

RedSalmon

Have not moved house for years, the last time was stressful enough!!!
Hear loads of stories these days of buyers waiting until the last minute and then demanding a drop in price.

xcraigx

I found the process of moving nothing but a slight irritation. As I only moved 100 yards down the road I decided to move it all myself. 3 weeks of doing nothing but lugging the wifes crap about was the most stressful thing ever. And 8 years later 90% of the boxes are still sealed ffs.

Marty

I have to say that my purchase was easy apart from my solicitors who were fucking useless. The amount of paperwork they lost was unbelievable. I had to send every document at least twice. Mine wasn't apart of a chain, but I can see how stressful it could be.

wingy

Yeah Only divorce been more stressful In my life
Nothing wrong with throwing a little wobble In at the end IMO
Makes a good chance of a saving as long as the market Is right In what Is generally an overpriced market,largely due to policies which guarantee a shortage

Sky_Blue_Daz

Ive cleaned out the garage and attic today and moved a load of stuff to my parents house.
We move out Thursday, me wife just said I should dk the garden so its nice for the couple buying ours. I politely declined

Mild-Mannered Janitor

Kindest Bloke on CCFC / Maker of CCFC Dreams
You should leave yours Daz how you will expect yours to look so without knowing your wife, you should go and do that garden and then head to Nottingham tomorrow.

Sky_Blue_Daz

So the bird who owns the house we wanted to buy has decided to take the house off the market and we were supposed to move in Thursday
We cant let our buyer's down and ive already took most of our old furniture to ghe tip as we had all new furniture arriving friday
Absolutely gutted and theres only 4 beers un the fridge

stupot07

I'm gutted for you Daz. Shouldn't be allowed, did the woman have a valid reason (e.g lost her job, etc)? Is there an offy near you. :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Sky_Blue_Daz

She got advice from her solicitors

Been to the offy
More gutted for the wife as she loved the house

Sky_Blue_Daz

To be honest nick we knocked back our buyers once due to the other couple
Dont think its fair ti do it to them
Only positive I can take from this is we deffo have no chain should something come up in the meantime

Sky_Blue_Daz

Flit between her parents and mine
Not ideal but will save a few quid

Could have done without reading this!
Am going through it myself, I dont have a chain and have had an offer accepted but am now waiting for the couple in that house to find somewhere themselves. We said we'd be patient but that's easier said than done.
Can imagine how you must be feeling.

jimmyhillsfanclub

That's not nice Daz.

Its fucking outrageous this can still happen.....We should adopt the French system whereby once a sale is agreed in principle, its then backed up by both parties putting 10% of the purchase price on the line as a security deposit......anyone pulls out, its costs them 10%.

I got gazumped when trying to buy my first house back in 1999.......I'd already paid for a full survey, searches etc......costs me hundreds....& I'd just hand delivered a rather blunt & sweary letter of notice to my landlord that very morning.......I ended up surfing sofas until I found another house to buy.

The only advice I can offer for anyone getting involved in a chain is do everything in your power to ensure both properties are being sold through the same agent.......oh, and always have more than 4 beers in the fridge !!

Terry Gibson's perm

We sold our first house through an agent who was hopeless and overvalued it got it into the next level of charges and then nobody came until I told them to lower it and all they ever say is can you show people round and they always get a no I am paying you to sell it. The second one we exchanged and that was probably more stressful as we had the builders messing about finishing this one and the people who were taking ours mortgage due to run out so the builders rushed ours and we can tell now. Been here two years and wife is now saying doesn't like it and wants to move again.

Marty

That's not nice Daz.

Its fucking outrageous this can still happen.....We should adopt the French system whereby once a sale is agreed in principle, its then backed up by both parties putting 10% of the purchase price on the line as a security deposit......anyone pulls out, its costs them 10%.

I got gazumped when trying to buy my first house back in 1999.......I'd already paid for a full survey, searches etc......costs me hundreds....& I'd just hand delivered a rather blunt & sweary letter of notice to my landlord that very morning.......I ended up surfing sofas until I found another house to buy.

The only advice I can offer for anyone getting involved in a chain is do everything in your power to ensure both properties are being sold through the same agent.......oh, and always have more than 4 beers in the fridge !!

How does it work with having surveys done? I had a structural survey and timber survey done on mine and it highlighted a few issues, going into the last few weeks I had to renegotiate.

How does it work with having surveys done? I had a structural survey and timber survey done on mine and it highlighted a few issues, going into the last few weeks I had to renegotiate.

Marty If you're called out to survey the one I'm selling in Bedworth, be a nice chap and say its fine will ya.

Sky_Blue_Daz

Thanks for the positive thoughts lads
After a rough calculation we are almost £3.000 out of pocket, through no fault of our own.Also we will need to reapply for a mortgage which I suppose we will have to pay for again. I hope Kharma bites her on the arse or at least spits in her face
In other news me the wife and young un have worked really hard over the last few days to clear the house and will be done tomorrow
The wife bought 12 bottles of peroni and has ordered a curry
Onwards and upwards we still have our health

Last edited:

Sky_Blue_Daz

Forgive some of the spelling ive had a few kronenburg too

Nick

Administrator
Harsh as well, bet it has ruined the little one's holidays too hasn't it?

They should be viable for the costs if they pull out, disgraceful.

Where was your curry from? Important question.

Sky_Blue_Daz

Well after a very stressful time I can firstly say Im very proud of my daughter who has managed to seem unaffected by the entire saga and has been getting excellent results in her tests prior to her sats
It's amazing how resilient kids can be although a months subscription to Netflix has helped
After some negotiation we get the keys next week

Users who are viewing this thread