Buying a pool table (1 Viewer)

richnrg

I am thinking of buying a pool table (I have a cabin/big shed in the back garden)
I want to get an English style one - 6ft ish the same as you get in a typical pub.

Anyone have any advice on where to buy/materials/type/anything else at all?

Cheers.

shmmeee

I was thinking about this a while ago. Didn’t go ahead with it cos other things were more important but a mate said lots of pubs are shutting down and you can find them second hand quote cheap and get them refurbished. Have a look on eBay maybe?

tommydazzle

Surprising how much room you need around the four sides of a pool table. Played in bars where certain shots were out of the question with the cue hitting walls.

Why not go for the great game of bar billiards? The advantage being you only take shots from one end so not so much room needed. Not seen one in a pub for years, probably difficult to get hold of these days.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Had a few flyers through the door lately which show a pool table but the cover converts it into a dining table. Got chucked in the bin so can't tell you name of the company.

ajsccfc

28673-1-Daytona-Championship-USA-STD---Twin-Cabinet.jpg

One day, my pretty

pastythegreat

I am thinking of buying a pool table (I have a cabin/big shed in the back garden)
I want to get an English style one - 6ft ish the same as you get in a typical pub.

Anyone have any advice on where to buy/materials/type/anything else at all?

Cheers.
Try Sam Lesiure on Curriers close off Charter ave in Canley.
I dont know what the prices are like, havent been there for years but a decent shop with good knowledge and experience.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Covkid1968#

Just got rid of one!!!! Never played it in recent years and it was being used to put stuff on.

loved it back in the day.... and acted as a money box

Corrado

Looks like a decent slate one for sale £100 on Facebook market place - in dudley so not too far away

Astute

Transportation of a pool table is the top priority. They are bloody heavy. Personally I would look to buy from somewhere that can deliver and is willing to put it where you want it. Either that or have several people who are willing to help.

Users who are viewing this thread