Butts Park Arena is new home (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hobo

No the CET should have dismissed Haskell for the chancer he clearly was and the SBT and the council the same. The nonsense attempt at regime change led to mamy subsequent issues. Haskell never had any intention to buy and it resulted in major issues down the line.

Much of that was due to the stupid noises SISU were making. If they had been running the club as they are now we could have skipped a couple of chapters club history.

J

Jack Griffin

Stick some student flats next to the old folks, that's work out fine ;)

Poor students will be driven mad by Elvis, Buddy & Eddie blaring out from the retirees stereo systems (if you are 80 today you were 25 in 1960).

Grendel

How do you know he had no intentions ?
I suggest that if the Golden share was in the company it 'should' have been Sisu would be long gone.

I suggest you view Preston's twitter account to judge his seriousness.

chiefdave

Did Haskell ever actually meet with SISU? The last thing I can find is that he came over and had a meeting with CCC and was never heard from again.

Hobo

Did Haskell ever actually meet with SISU? The last thing I can find is that he came over and had a meeting with CCC and was never heard from again.

In fairness the way SISU set up the administration process it was like a blind garage auction. Enough to put any serious interested parties off turning it into a big gamble on what was in which company etc

Grendel

In fairness the way SISU set up the administration process it was like a blind garage auction. Enough to put any serious interested parties off turning it into a big gamble on what was in which company etc

Haskell offered ACL less than Sisu didn't he in the admin process?

Grendel

Can't you just provide the evidence so I don't waste my time proving you wrong again ?

What, liked you proved OSB wrong when he said the club have never paid management fees?

:pointlaugh:

Hobo

Haskell offered ACL less than Sisu didn't he in the admin process?

None of it matters Grendel we are where we are. I would not have wanted Haskell anymore than I wanted SISU in the first place.

chiefdave

Sisu had moved the players and golden share out of the part of the club for sale so no point in buying either ACL or the club.

He was still knocking around after Otium had purchased us out of admin. The last report on the CT site appears to be him coming over to meet with Elliot and then meeting the council (doesn't say if it was with Elliot or not) and then was never heard from again.

Didn't it turn out he didn't actually have the money for a takeover and would have to borrow it off his old man?

italiahorse

He was still knocking around after Otium had purchased us out of admin. The last report on the CT site appears to be him coming over to meet with Elliot and then meeting the council (doesn't say if it was with Elliot or not) and then was never heard from again.

Didn't it turn out he didn't actually have the money for a takeover and would have to borrow it off his old man?

Who knows if he was serious as there was no point in him taking it further.
Probably thought like everybody else that in administration if you bought the club it would include the players and golden share.
Tie that up with ACL and club and stadium are bought together.

I guess the council had lined up the stadium for him but Sisu had moved the players and golden share into another company stopping it dead.

Gazolba

Will this thread never go away?

dongonzalos

Anyway what I am asking is actually relevant to this thread.
We have signed another temporary deal at the Ricoh whilst building our new stadium.
In three years we have seen a drawing.
What are we going to get in two years time and what happens then?
Why are CWR, CET and the observor not asking the questions about this........

How are we actually going to fund the new stadium?
How in the long term will it get a return for the investors and how will that process impact on CCFC?
Why has it taken 3 years to produce a drawing?
Why are we only considering a 15k stadium with a view to increasing the capacity?
What happens if it is not ready in two years and Wasps for any reason do not agree another short term deal?
What in extra revenue does it earn us compared to the current deal when additional costs are included?
What are the plans for the academy as it seems the Higgs Centre is for sale?
If you win the JR and get compensation will you spend any of it on CCFC?

Sorry I appreciate we are on fire on the pitch but as much as it is great to celebrate that, questions need to be asked on these other matters. As this is the future of our club.

Last edited:

chiefdave

What are we going to get in two years time and what happens then?

I would highly recommended reading the piece with Chris Anderson on Sky Blues Blog:

http://www.skybluesblog.co.uk/part-one-the-niis-meet-chris-anderson/

All four parts are worth a read but part one covers the stadium stuff.

Sounds like he's come in and is starting from scratch and assessing all the options to see what the best way forward is. Personally I think that's the best route for him to take.

Of course it could be more hot air but might as well give him a chance.

dongonzalos

I would highly recommended reading the piece with Chris Anderson on Sky Blues Blog:

Sounds like he's come in and is starting from scratch and assessing all the options to see what the best way forward is. Personally I think that's the best route for him to take.

Sorry Dave I appreciate your reply and link.
However I have already read that and FairPlay to the guys interviewing they tried their best to actually get some answers.
However if you read that there is no real answer

"2 years is too short we need a longer solution. "

What about if there isn't a longer solution "that can't happen"

What do we do sign for two years?

So we still have no answer to the "that can't happen question"

It can in two years as I don't believe we will have a new stadium and we are at the peril of Wasps.

shmmeee

Just sounds like more of the same to me. Actions speak louder than words. Is he saying nothing has been done? There were no handover documents? No feasibility studies done in 3 years? What about Tim's badgers?

We are no further than we were 18 months ago when we signed the 2+2 deal and someone's head needs to fucking roll. We categorically do not have enough time to plan and build a stadium before the lease is up. I'm not sure anyone can argue with that.

I'd argue if nothing has been done, sack Fisher for wasting club resources and Sandra garlick and crew have a lot to answer for (not to mention all the "in the knows").

If he's saying "I didn't do it so it needs to be done again" then frankly that's not good enough. We simply don't have the luxury of going back to square one.

Occams Razor to me would suggest that the instruction from on high is "hold them off and hope something turns up" and that's what he is doing.

To give the club as a whole a free pass on the last 18 months is a joke, if we all thought like that we could be strung along with replacement CEOs forever.

All of which further establishes the fact that SISU picked the worse possible time to start this nonsense and have handled it atrociously.

BrisbaneBronco

I'm guessing that in 2yrs time if the Ricoh is not sorted out on a longer term basis, we will move into the Butts on a temporary basis. I would imagine that the club have already spoken to the FL, as to whether BPA meets FL standards etc.
To do this would not have the same devastating effect as the Northampton fiasco. Don't know what capacity at BPA is currently, but pretty sure with some temporary stands it could be raised to about 10k over a close season. Not ideal, but a possibility. Oh, and by then why may well know the outcome of the JR hearing, and may receive some timely comp for funding of this.

Otis

I'm guessing that in 2yrs time if the Ricoh is not sorted out on a longer term basis, we will move into the Butts on a temporary basis. I would imagine that the club have already spoken to the FL, as to whether BPA meets FL standards etc.
To do this would not have the same devastating effect as the Northampton fiasco. Don't know what capacity at BPA is currently, but pretty sure with some temporary stands it could be raised to about 10k over a close season. Not ideal, but a possibility. Oh, and by then why may well know the outcome of the JR hearing, and may receive some timely comp for funding of this.
It's 3,000.

Simply not going to happen in my opinion.

I walked past on Saturday and had a look round. The retirement village is huge and really leaves very little space left to build and manoeuvre.

Mild-Mannered Janitor

Kindest Bloke on CCFC / Maker of CCFC Dreams
I don't even know why the butts gets mentioned, it neither has the space, the capacity or the infrastructure around it to provide any kind of home for a football club unless that club is a start up venture with no fans or history.
It is restricted by the current development, a major road into the city centre and a train line so people need to get real and understand that this is never and has never ever been a serious option for the club.
Pit will be used possibly as a bargaining tool for negotiating rent with Wasps and other parties when looking at sites but they all know that the butts is not even a option for CCFC.

skybluetony176

There's nothing new in that blog. It yet again does ask the question why is TF still here? He's the very definition of surplus to requirement.

Calista

It's 3,000.

I walked past on Saturday and had a look round. The retirement village is huge and really leaves very little space left to build and manoeuvre.

If you go there and have a look at the existing stand, basic though it is it appears to hold about 5,000. There's room on the opposite side to expand, so building a 20,000 seat stadium there is technically quite feasible I would have thought. I'm not advocating it, just saying it looks possible.

Moff

It's 3,000.

You werent booking a room were you Otis? ;)

italiahorse

Can we try and get serious on our future ?
The Butts is not our future, neither is it a bargaining tool.

Nothing will change after the JR finishes and the most Sisu can hope for is a few million from the council and at a stretch Wasps may need to put in a few thousand extra in rent.
Wasps will be settled in the stadium and we will have to either put up a plan for a stadium or get that long term deal at the Ricoh.
Either way until we get that sugar daddy we will tread water in the Championship.

Moff

Nothing will change after the JR finishes and the most Sisu can hope for is a few million from the council and at a stretch Wasps may need to put in a few thousand extra in rent.
Wasps will be settled in the stadium and we will have to either put up a plan for a stadium or get that long term deal at the Ricoh.
Either way until we get that sugar daddy we will tread water in the Championship.

Yes we can get serious, yes we can argue for 147 pages on a fans website, but at the end of the day it currently changes nothing, and you telling us all to be serious will change nothing.

Sometimes you need to lighten up, as if this post hasnt taught you anything about the futility of arguing constantly for 147 pages then nothing has.

If you want to keep tub thumping and stamping your feet, good luck to you, but it hasnt yet made any difference.

Nick

Administrator

I thought you were just enjoying the football?

dongonzalos

The location is secondary in this.
What is glaringly the issue is that in 3 years we have been shown a drawing of what a generic stadium looks like.
We have two years before we are potentially homeless.
The people making the decisions are getting a very easy ride from all the media outlets as to why this is the case and what is the plan.

( the butts would be awesome but is unrealistic unfortunately)

Why get hung up on locations when we have not seen any evidence of a jot of progress in three years?

covcity4life

TM will get us promoted to prem even with one of worst budgets

im not worrying, we will renew rental deal or take over ricoh in 2 years time. making bags of cash in prem

hill83

If you go there and have a look at the existing stand, basic though it is it appears to hold about 5,000. There's room on the opposite side to expand, so building a 20,000 seat stadium there is technically quite feasible I would have thought. I'm not advocating it, just saying it looks possible.

It may appear to hold 5000. But it doesn't.

stupot07

I'd say in 2 years another rental deal at the Ricoh will be done.

Yep, wasps aren't going to say no, they have £2m pa interest to payout, as well as funding a rugby team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

chiefdave

Just sounds like more of the same to me. Actions speak louder than words. Is he saying nothing has been done? There were no handover documents? No feasibility studies done in 3 years? What about Tim's badgers?

We are no further than we were 18 months ago when we signed the 2+2 deal and someone's head needs to fucking roll. We categorically do not have enough time to plan and build a stadium before the lease is up. I'm not sure anyone can argue with that.

Actions do indeed speak louder than words but they guy has only been here a few weeks so I think he deserves a bit of time to stand or fall on his own actions.

I get what you say about handovers etc but if I was in Anderson's situation I'm not sure I'd stake my reputation on anything Fisher has come up with - if he's actually come up with anything.

Everything he says makes sense to me but of course he has to follow through with these comments. We've been asking for a long time to someone to look at all options and that's what he's saying he will do. I'm not going to slaughter the guy before he's had a chance.

"2 years is too short we need a longer solution. "

What about if there isn't a longer solution "that can't happen"

We have another 2 years at the Ricoh. That's more than enough time for him to come up with a plan. If the plan is to stay then we will either sign a long term deal or sign a short deal while the longer term arrangements to stay are sorted.

If the plan is to leave then a shorter term contract to stay at the Ricoh will have to be agreed. The ball then is really in Wasps court, will they agree to a shorter term deal or will they kick us out.

italiahorse

Yes we can get serious, yes we can argue for 147 pages on a fans website, but at the end of the day it currently changes nothing, and you telling us all to be serious will change nothing.

Sometimes you need to lighten up, as if this post hasnt taught you anything about the futility of arguing constantly for 147 pages then nothing has.

If you want to keep tub thumping and stamping your feet, good luck to you, but it hasnt yet made any difference.

I thought you were just enjoying the football?

I'm trying.
I just wish people would not let Sisu off the hook with this nonsense.
All this is a deflection from getting some facts on our future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread