Butts Park Arena is new home (4 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

stupot07

Small butt's are usually a good thing to have, but not in this case.

We are looking for much bigger butts.

It's all about the Bass

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Calista

There might be ways you could slightly increase the size of the butts and make them a more attractive shape.

Things like diverting main roads, knocking down pubs and petrol stations, and taking chunks out of little parks - physically possible but expensive and no doubt highly controversial.

chiefdave

Well it has been punched on a few occations that could be the reason.☺

FWIW I have a mate who's Dad is a rugby nut and as he's pretty loaded and involved in sponsorship knows quite a few important people in the game. Asked him to find out if there is anything to this and the response was that talks have taken place between both parties (CCFC and CRFC) and the rugby club were very receptive to what they were told about stadium expansion and a future ground share.

As I said its not first hand information so don't take it as gospel but it does seem that it has at least been / is being looked into as a possible option.

covcity4life

of course the rugby team would be happy!

no news on wasps talk?

surerly we will take the 2 year extention at very least? if we in championship we wanna continue to ride the buzz, not open up the season in a shed

italiahorse

FWIW I have a mate who's Dad is a rugby nut and as he's pretty loaded and involved in sponsorship knows quite a few important people in the game. Asked him to find out if there is anything to this and the response was that talks have taken place between both parties (CCFC and CRFC) and the rugby club were very receptive to what they were told about stadium expansion and a future ground share.

As I said its not first hand information so don't take it as gospel but it does seem that it has at least been / is being looked into as a possible option.

More likely the talks would be about a shared new stadium.

chiefdave

no news on wasps talk?

surerly we will take the 2 year extention at very least? if we in championship we wanna continue to ride the buzz, not open up the season in a shed

Didn't ask about that, assume nothing will happen until the new guy has taken a look at everything.

wingy

Have the media asked John Sharp for a quote yet?
Don't recall seeing anything, quite simple to put this to bed.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Still don't see this CCFC/CRFC joint venture happening at the BPA. Not convinced it will fit on the site and work logistically but happy to be shown to be wrong on that

Would think that CRFC are looking for partners for a scheme to improve their ground but would they want to give up the control of it? Are there other teams that would be interested in such a joint venture?

Has anyone actually questioned the CRFC to see if there is truth in it? If there have been talks what kind of direction did they take and are they on going? Have they talked to CCC or other parties? Can't help feeling that sometimes in this whole drama that talks happen simply to say they went on, not with any great intent though

Are CCC and SISU willing to be involved in something together because if it is BPA they will need to work together? If not who is saying no? or are both rejecting working together?

As usual it is a muddled and muddied picture of information............ is that deliberate?

Otis

Still don't see this CCFC/CRFC joint venture happening at the BPA. Not convinced it will fit on the site and work logistically but happy to be shown to be wrong on that

Would think that CRFC are looking for partners for a scheme to improve their ground but would they want to give up the control of it? Are there other teams that would be interested in such a joint venture?

Has anyone actually questioned the CRFC to see if there is truth in it? If there have been talks what kind of direction did they take and are they on going? Have they talked to CCC or other parties? Can't help feeling that sometimes in this whole drama that talks happen simply to say they went on, not with any great intent though

Are CCC and SISU willing to be involved in something together because if it is BPA they will need to work together? If not who is saying no? or are both rejecting working together?

As usual it is a muddled and muddied picture of information............ is that deliberate?

It's quite often muddied at the BPA, OSB.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Yes I know Otis ...... cant see the attraction of 18stone blokes rolling around in cold mud meself though

....... actually I must because I do go to CRFC games when I can:laugh:

Capacity is 4000 btw with 3000 in that one stand

hamil99

Facebook User
3,000 capacity. Not sure how much the stand holds. I take it there's still standing areas besides the stand isn't there?

So would need a serious remodel. Would it not be easier to rip it down and start a-fresh, if it is to happen? Location looks a bit small on google earth, would need to tear down the Albany theatre to make room, even then it looks small. Plus im not sure it has the correct info structure, roads look a bit small to handle the capacity.

Speedies_Chips

So would need a serious remodel. Would it not be easier to rip it down and start a-fresh, if it is to happen? Location looks a bit small on google earth, would need to tear down the Albany theatre to make room, even then it looks small. Plus im not sure it has the correct info structure, roads look a bit small to handle the capacity.

What is info structure?

hamil99

Facebook User
What is info structure?

the basic, underlying framework or features of a system or organization. 2. the fundamental facilities and systems serving a country, city, or area, as transportation and communication systems, power plants, and schools.

I was mainly talking about the access road, im sure plumbing and power would not be a problem ;)

fernandopartridge

the basic, underlying framework or features of a system or organization. 2. the fundamental facilities and systems serving a country, city, or area, as transportation and communication systems, power plants, and schools.

I was mainly talking about the access road, im sure plumbing and power would not be a problem ;)

Is it similar to infrastructure?

bezzer

I'm not trying to be funny here, but have you ever been to Coventry?

If you had you'd know the BPA is on a major road into and out of the City Centre. The ringroad is a couple of hundred yards away. Access to the A45 is no more than 3 miles away. Hardly what I'd term as small roads.

And not forgetting the railway station is a 15 minute stroll away.

Highfield Road was hardly surrounded by big roads!

FWIW, I don't for one minute think there's any mileage in CCFC moving to the BPA.

chiefdave

I'm not trying to be funny here, but have you ever been to Coventry?

If you had you'd know the BPA is on a major road into and out of the City Centre. The ringroad is a couple of hundred yards away. Access to the A45 is no more than 3 miles away. Hardly what I'd term as small roads.

And not forgetting the railway station is a 15 minute stroll away.

Highfield Road was hardly surrounded by big roads!

Lack of infrastrucute is way down the list of potential reasons this won't happen for me. As you say wasn't a problem at Highfield Road. Isn't a problem at Fratton Park which has bigger crowds than us, not a problem at Southampton or Arsenal either. They both managed to build new grounds with little parking and little in the way of major infrastructure.

Otis

Yes I know Otis ...... cant see the attraction of 18stone blokes rolling around in cold mud meself though

....... actually I must because I do go to CRFC games when I can:laugh:

Capacity is 4000 btw with 3000 in that one stand

Got this off Wiki:

Capacity 3,000. The stadium was built in 2004 and currently has one stand, the East Stand, which has a capacity of 3,000 and includes a number of conference and banqueting facilities. The West Stand which was a temporary structure holding 1,000 was removed at the end of the 2005–06 season on grounds of health and safety.

Maybe not be accurate of course.

oldfiver

As I have pointed out to you before - No one is going to give you the type of information you are seeking

As to "Questioning CRFC" - I doubt that would go down well!

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
As I have pointed out to you before - No one is going to give you the type of information you are seeking

As to "Questioning CRFC" - I doubt that would go down well!

Oh silly me, I should know better and just accept things spoon fed :facepalm: So because you say so I should stop asking questions or challenging carefully laid perceptions

Ever consider I ask questions to try to suggest people think of it different ways and that I might not be expecting (a) the questions to be actually put immediately to CCFC CRFC CCC etc and (b) am not expecting any answers from those parties, parties who I might add continually rattle on about transparency and always fail to deliver as you well know

oldfiver

Oh silly me, I should know better and just accept things spoon fed :facepalm: So because you say so I should stop asking questions or challenging carefully laid perceptions

Ever consider I ask questions to try to suggest people think of it different ways and that I might not be expecting (a) the questions to be actually put immediately to CCFC CRFC CCC etc and (b) am not expecting any answers from those parties, parties who I might add continually rattle on about transparency and always fail to deliver as you well know

If you not expecting answers it seems a silly idea to post the questions. I understand you consider they are deeply thought provoking but this is a football forum not a philosophy course. As I understand it from past posts you have or have had meetings with all the parties so why dont you ask them direct? I also note you tend to avoid raising questions what WASPS intentions are - now that would be interesting!

Calista

I actually get the feeling that the Butts may be a serious plan. I went past the other day, and the existing stand (which I think must easily hold 4000) only occupies a small proportion of the site. It’s still cramped though, and would limit how far the club can go. But if it was done right (i.e. a truly unique and atmospheric place to be proud of, right in the heart of the city) it might go some way to compensate. A mediocre out-of-town lego stadium has never been credible or desirable, and would feel like a kick in the teeth after letting the Ricoh slip away.

The owners have started to get things right on the football side, so maybe they can get something right off the field as well. I’m not ideologically opposed to them, I judge them on what they do.

PS I never feel in need of “a Philosophy course” when I read your stuff! I’m tempted to invest in a copy of Corporate Finance for Dummies though …

martcov

If you not expecting answers it seems a silly idea to post the questions. I understand you consider they are deeply thought provoking but this is a football forum not a philosophy course. As I understand it from past posts you have or have had meetings with all the parties so why dont you ask them direct? I also note you tend to avoid raising questions what WASPS intentions are - now that would be interesting!

So you critisise a poster about asking philosophical questions on a football forum and then for not asking questions of an unrelated rugby club in a discussion about the Butts Stadium. If the Butts is taking place, then Wasps intentions would be irrelevant. I do not think the Butts will happen btw.

shmmeee

Get you, the post Police.

I enjoy reading OSB's questions, he almost always brings something no-one else has to the discussion. There are far better targets for your ire.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director

Coventry supporter joins in discussion and raises questions about CCFC/team owners, about its present and future and is doing so on a CCFC fans forum........ go figure :facepalm:

Then you understand wrongly don't you, they are neither deep nor philosophical questions, and take no time really to compile because they are reasonably straight forward and aimed at realities. Indeed some of the questions are very similar to ones posted by others who take part in discussion and have something to offer but are unchallenged by you. I have my own thoughts as to why they do not get the same challenge. :thinking about:

So I am supposed to ask questions about Wasps, but not allowed to ask questions about CCFC on a CCFC forum because you say I wont get answers. Why would Wasps answer any more than CCFC.

Clearly you have questions you need answers to regarding Wasps can I suggest you go on the sub forum on this site or the Wasps forum and ask them. I am not going to do it for you nor am I going to rise to your repeated snide remarks and innuendo.

Just for clarity no I haven't commented much on the finances of Wasps but nor have I commented on those of CCC or SISU for 2015. They all have interesting high and low spots. Really not that important to me but CCFC and its future is.

As to Wasps intentions I would think it is not very difficult to work out. They mean to maximise income from the complex with or without CCFC in order to finance a push towards becoming the most successful English Rugby team. They have offered to discuss a long term deal with CCFC and would have to be pretty dumb to not realise CCFC require extra income to power their (CCFC) drive up the divisions, so you might think they might intend some sort of mutually beneficial long term partnership to achieve that. That has been met with rhetoric seeking a move away, details of a supposed joint venture at BPA and a "demand" for a short term deal. Such a response I find troubling because if I were Wasps I would be saying go on then but this is the deal here until you go with very little access to other incomes. But that's just all supposition and guess work because no one actually answers any questions do they......

But I will still keep asking my questions and I will ignore your advice/demands thanks

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread