Busquets cleared to play for Barcelona in Wembley final (1 Viewer)

BenInTurin

Facebook User
Busquets and Marcelo have faced each other several times this season Barcelona midfielder Sergio Busquets can play in the Champions League final against Manchester United after being cleared of racial abuse.
Uefa has dismissed claims by Barca's Spanish rivals Real Madrid that Busquets racially insulted full-back Marcelo during their semi-final tie.
A statement on Barca's website read: "Uefa has rejected the complaint filed by Real Madrid."
Busquets is now free to line up against United at Wembley on Saturday 28 May.
European football's governing body said via a statement on its website that it had "decided to dismiss the complaint lodged by Real due to a lack of strong and convincing evidence".
Real posted a video on their website before the second leg showing Busquets allegedly calling Marcelo "mono" (monkey) during Barca's 2-0 win at the Bernabeu.
The incident was one of many in an ill-tempered match during which Real player Pepe and coach Jose Mourinho were sent off.
After the game both clubs lodged complaints about each other to Uefa.
The second leg at the Nou Camp ended in a 1-1 draw, with Barca going through to the final 3-1 on aggregate.

I think this is disgraceful, the fact that there's tv footage showing how he used his hand to try and hide what he was shouting. This just reminds me of the racist chanting at England games and when Spanish fans turned up to the F1 in Barcelona 'blackened'. All just further proof that Uefa and Fifa are are useless, but we already knew that!

SkyBlueMania

My sentiments exactly Ben, i find this absolutely sickening. I especially liked the:

"UEFA decided to dismiss the complaint lodged by Real due to a lack of strong and convincing evidence".

I am at a loss as to how this is not strong and convincing evidence:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xP4vScdWQnU

FIFA and UEFA are a total joke, they disgust me

Users who are viewing this thread