Bury splashing the cash (1 Viewer)

Manchester_sky_blue

Is the Stalybridge Buffet Bar (real ale bar at the railway station platform still going?). Me and my mate missed so many trains, just one more pint syndrome. ha ha ha

Certainly is. Got taken over by new people last year but luckily they haven't messed it up. Cracking pub

Clive Bleakin

Why the fuck are we talking about Bury?

Because even Bury are showing some ambition...well more than we are.

I have faith in TM, and I'm sure he'll get the right players in, but we do need to show some intent.

In my book, resigning Tudgay is not showing intent.

Would I have Clarke or Pope over Tudgay?

Yes. All day long.

Hobo

Because even Bury are showing some ambition...well more than we are.

I have faith in TM, and I'm sure he'll get the right players in, but we do need to show some intent.

In my book, resigning Tudgay is not showing intent.

Would I have Clarke or Pope over Tudgay?

Yes. All day long.

Well Tudgay will be certainly a lot cheaper and Mowbray knows what he is getting. We have the promise of Maddison and George Thomas. Nobody has said Tudgay will be his first choice just someone useful to have around. I am sure TM will sign a striker and possibly bring one in on a long term loan near the start of the season.

You do realise from mid January to the end of the season Pope was practically a permanent presence in the Port Vale side and managed to hit the net on three occassions?

Astute

Well Tudgay will be certainly a lot cheaper and Mowbray knows what he is getting. We have the promise of Maddison and George Thomas. Nobody has said Tudgay will be his first choice just someone useful to have around. I am sure TM will sign a striker and possibly bring one in on a long term loan near the start of the season.

You do realise from mid January to the end of the season Pope was practically a permanent presence in the Port Vale side and managed to hit the net on three occassions?

Nah Pope is an excellent striker. But if we would have signed him he would be shite. Just like if we would have signed Clarke and given him a 3 year contract at his age. No wonder he signed for them. He has got his last contract. They might get a good season out of him. But they have to pay him for 3.

Astute

holy shit jesus

its because they signed the motherfuckin holy divine Jesus worshipping holy Christian faith leading peodo tolerating muslim hating miracle working pope for fuck sake

bit of a coo as far as i can see

They signed a dove as well?

Terry Gibson's perm

This is reminiscent of when everyone was crying last preseason because we didn't sign Michael Higdon.

Last year was ok though as we ended up with Simeon Jackson:eek: (who joking aside I thought would score a lot of goals)

Otis

Last year was ok though as we ended up with Simeon Jackson:eek: (who joking aside I thought would score a lot of goals)

Me too. At League One level I thought he was going to do very well and I would have expected at least 15 goals from him.

When he was at Norwich he looked a very decent player when I saw him.

Terry Gibson's perm

Me too. At League One level I thought he was going to do very well and I would have expected at least 15 goals from him.

When he was at Norwich he looked a very decent player when I saw him.

I suppose having a midfield that doesn't/can't pass forward doesn't help

Terry Gibson's perm

Tudgay had the same problem but some question why TM wants to keep him. But we saw a different player under him.

I think TM has got it about right with the ones released and the ones offered new deals as I can't see many of the released ones getting good deals anywhere, hate to think what would have been happening if the previous man was still here probably a five year deal for Webster

Manchester_sky_blue

Never mind Bury, it's Scunthorpe that are really making moves in the transfer marking. Not content with taking Scott Wiseman and Jack King from Preston they have now signed Scott Laird as well. Decent defender who had been offered new terms by Preston.

They also signed Dawson from Rochdale which in my view is probably the best bit of business done so far by any team in the league. Plus a couple of youngsters picked up as well.

Silence_Is_The_Enemy

Never mind Bury, it's Scunthorpe that are really making moves in the transfer marking. Not content with taking Scott Wiseman and Jack King from Preston they have now signed Scott Laird as well. Decent defender who had been offered new terms by Preston.

They also signed Dawson from Rochdale which in my view is probably the best bit of business done so far by any team in the league. Plus a couple of youngsters picked up as well.

mark robins is pretty good at this level as we found out I suspect Scunny will compete at the high end this season

Grendel

Good to me. Can you donate it to cancer research when he scores the goals?

Are there any conditions to this 15 goal bet?

What I mean is I will do the same - 15 league goals in league one or above.

Last edited:

Astute

Are there any conditions to this 15 goal bet?

What I mean is I will do the same - 15 league goals in league one or above.

Do the same with me? Yes this division or higher. You can afford more than £20 as you tell us you earn as much as the prime minister.

Grendel

Do the same with me? Yes this division or higher. You can afford more than £20 as you tell us you earn as much as the prime minister.

I can't claim expenses for cutting weeds growing up my house.

£40? Must be league goals and winner chooses a charity of their choice.

Is that fair?

Astute

I can't claim expenses for cutting weeds growing up my house.

£40? Must be league goals and winner chooses a charity of their choice.

Is that fair?

It is score goals playing for a division 3 or higher club. Cup games are playing for a division 3 club. If he moves to a lower club I pay that day. If he goes higher he won't score many so I might as well pay up then as well. Is £40 your max? Remember it is for charity.

Hobo

Never mind Bury, it is harvey098, Astute and Grendel splashing the cash!

Grendel

It is score goals playing for a division 3 or higher club. Cup games are playing for a division 3 club. If he moves to a lower club I pay that day. If he goes higher he won't score many so I might as well pay up then as well. Is £40 your max? Remember it is for charity.

To clarify do cup games count - what if they play a non league team in the cup and he scored 5?

Astute

To clarify do cup games count - what if they play a non league team in the cup and he scored 5?

What if it is Man U and he doesn't score? What if he gets injured and misses most of the season? What if his cock drops off?

I said I think he won't score less than 15 goals. Will he even put the effort in now he has a contract that will see him through to retirement? Can I have a clause in the bet that says it changes if he gets injured or doesn't put enough effort in? Or is it the same as the other bet that he will or won't score 15 goals?

Grendel

What if it is Man U and he doesn't score? What if he gets injured and misses most of the season? What if his cock drops off?

I said I think he won't score less than 15 goals. Will he even put the effort in now he has a contract that will see him through to retirement? Can I have a clause in the bet that says it changes if he gets injured or doesn't put enough effort in? Or is it the same as the other bet that he will or won't score 15 goals?

Well the effort is why he won't score the goals. If it's Man U they've got through to round 3.

Go for 14 in the league only. It's a steal if he's half as good still as you think he is. Cody fat boy does that.

If you count cup games he could play JPt league cup and FA cup and play over 50 games.

14 out of a potential 46 games? Fair that surely.

Astute

Well the effort is why he won't score the goals. If it's Man U they've got through to round 3.

Go for 14 in the league only. It's a steal if he's half as good still as you think he is. Cody fat boy does that.

If you count cup games he could play JPt league cup and FA cup and play over 50 games.

14 out of a potential 46 games? Fair that surely.

So I don't lose if he doesn't play 46 league games?

How about cup goals against non league clubs and Division 4 clubs don't count? That seems to be what you are worried about on a charity bet.

Goals against Championship clubs doubled and Prem clubs trebled?

Last edited:

Grendel

So I don't lose if he doesn't play 46 league games?

How about cup goals against non league clubs and Division 4 clubs don't count? That seems to be what you are worried about on a charity bet.

Goals against Championship clubs doubled and Prem clubs trebled?

I'm not worried as I'm not financially benefitting. The idea is to make it a fair comparison. As you point out all the time he's a banker in league 1.

There's always an element of doubt in these things. If Clarke is still half decent he will score the goals anyway.

Goals in the Division are the market for me.

So let's say 14 goals in the season providing he plays in at least 30 league games. If he doesn't play in 30 it's void. Given his goals per game in this league he should do it.

That's fair surely.

Astute

I'm not worried as I'm not financially benefitting. The idea is to make it a fair comparison. As you point out all the time he's a banker in league 1.

There's always an element of doubt in these things. If Clarke is still half decent he will score the goals anyway.

Goals in the Division are the market for me.

So let's say 14 goals in the season providing he plays in at least 30 league games. If he doesn't play in 30 it's void. Given his goals per game in this league he should do it.

That's fair surely.

I point out all the time he is a banker? He only signed for them less than a week ago so show me all these times I said so. If you have a look the bet wasn't even my idea.

I put the odds about evens on him scoring 15 goals or more this season. We don't even know if he will get the service he needs...and that he had with us. That was the bet struck on behalf of charity on my side. I won't make a penny out of this. So are you up for the same charity bet that was struck that you asked about?

Grendel

I point out all the time he is a banker? He only signed for them less than a week ago so show me all these times I said so. If you have a look the bet wasn't even my idea.

I put the odds about evens on him scoring 15 goals or more this season. We don't even know if he will get the service he needs...and that he had with us. That was the bet struck on behalf of charity on my side. I won't make a penny out of this. So are you up for the same charity bet that was struck that you asked about?

Unbelievable.

Astute

Unbelievable.

You are. Someone says they will bet anyone that he won't score 15 goals. I take him up on it on behalf of charity. You then ask me to have a bet with you but you want to put added rules into it. You say that I keep going on about him being a banker to score lots of goals when I didn't.

So what is unbelievable? And did you want the charity bet or did you see it as an opportunity to play silly games?

johnwillomagic

I have to say astute backpedalling frantically.....surprised Clive Bleakin hasn't snapped Grendel's hand off too and pur his life savings given his comments
on Bury to win the league at 33/1 surely just goes to show ya lots of bullshitters on here!

Users who are viewing this thread