Bury gone (4 Viewers)

ccfc92

Does all this show that any Football club outside of the premier league is not worth investing in? Seems to be a real lack of interested corporations coming in for either Bury or Bolton.

Depends, look at Bournemouth, decent investment in lower leagues and now established in the Premier League.

fernandopartridge

Depends, look at Bournemouth, decent investment in lower leagues and now established in the Premier League.

They weren't taken over in such a chronic position though. Bolton and Bury have no players, are pretty much guaranteed to be relegated and it doesn't look like revenue has much chance of improving.

steve cooper

They only got promoted because they spent loads of money they didn't have and couldn't even pay the players that got them promoted.

Who owns the stadium?
That's right, from memory (which isn't too good now) weren't we trying to get Leon Clarke back a few seasons ago, only to be outbid by Bury? I seem to remember people then sarcastically saying how embarrassing it was to be outbid by the mighty Bury.

robbiethemole

After all this fiasco for Bury and Bolton, and to an extent.ourselves, surely the time has come for the EFLto be removed from governance by the Sport Minister, as they threatened to to before.

The EFL are toothless and powerless to stop dodgy owners fucking clubs over without any fear of comeback, leaving the longsuffering fans to deal with the shit of losing their club.
It needs to stop and soon imo.

Grendel

After all this fiasco for Bury and Bolton, and to an extent.ourselves, surely the time has come for the EFLto be removed from governance by the Sport Minister, as they threatened to to before.

The EFL are toothless and powerless to stop dodgy owners fucking clubs over without any fear of comeback, leaving the longsuffering fans to deal with the shit of losing their club.

Well the EFL have now acted and stopped Dale and his dodgy CVA

Grendel

How can the EFL stop owners acting irresponsibly but within the laws of the land?

It’s such a cliche yet is never really explained

NorthernWisdom

How can the EFL stop owners acting irresponsibly but within the laws of the land?

It’s such a cliche yet is never really explained
tbf it's a private club, so they can let in who they like.

The problem is it's the owners who vote on any changes to the regulations and, let's be honest, why on earth would they vote for tougher rules on themselves?

ccfc92

They weren't taken over in such a chronic position though. Bolton and Bury have no players, are pretty much guaranteed to be relegated and it doesn't look like revenue has much chance of improving.

They had stabilized slightly, i.e staying in the EFL. But they were very close to going under I believe.

Grendel

tbf it's a private club, so they can let in who they like.

The problem is it's the owners who vote on any changes to the regulations and, let's be honest, why on earth would they vote for tougher rules on themselves?

They can’t have special rules that circumnavigate standard company law regarding administration and liquidation

fernandopartridge

[
They had stabilized slightly, i.e staying in the EFL. But they were very close to going under I believe.

They'd more than stabilised, they had been promoted back to League 1 and by 2011 their losses were reducing. Certainly not the basket case that either Bolton or Bury is.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

They can’t have special rules that circumnavigate standard company law regarding administration and liquidation

Football creditors rule. Any other industry they'd just be classed as trade creditors.

oucho

I wouldn't expect an immediate statement from the EFL confirming expulsion. I would guess it's more likely that a special board meeting will be held in the next 24-48 hours at which the executive will formally vote to ratify expulsion. Only once that's done, will an announcement be made.

No affinity for Bury whatsoever but this is desperately sad.

Grendel

Football creditors rule. Any other industry they'd just be classed as trade creditors.

They are still not allowed to circumvent rules. Bolton will go down tonight unless they are taken over regardless of EFL rules on admin

oucho

People online asking top clubs to help out, this isn't the issue.

Besides bad ownership the issue really stems from the absurd distribution of wealth through the football pyramid.

100 million for finishing 20th in the Premier league
500k for finishing 25 places below as league 1 champions..
Fucking abysmal

I don't see how that has contributed to this situation - as a business they have outspent their income, thus generating an unsustainable debt. Doesn't matter what your income is, if you spend beyond it then you'll be in trouble regardless of what the big boys earn.

That's like me spending my income on fags, women and drink (squandering the rest), being unable to pay my mortgage then blaming the billionaires for my house being repossessed.

Mcbean

The due diligence has shown the complexities of these clubs ownership and the baggage attached - can you imagine ours !!

My view is that Bury will be bought eventually but Bolton is a basket case - there are people with the money required which is small change - they just need to step up

Evo1883

I don't see how that has contributed to this situation - as a business they have outspent their income, thus generating an unsustainable debt. Doesn't matter what your income is, if you spend beyond it then you'll be in trouble regardless of what the big boys earn.

That's like me spending my income on fags, women and drink (squandering the rest), being unable to pay my mortgage then blaming the billionaires for my house being repossessed.

The distribution of wealth is abysmal, teams trying to chase it as well.

I don't know how it's comparable to billionaires and the working class..
It's people in the same business receiving a bread crumb whilst others are getting a loaf... Its pathetic

Parachute payments also contribute to teams woes, getting rewarded for failure whilst also putting yourself on a better financial footing than the teams already pushing in the league below

hill83

What if spending your income on fags women and drink could potentially get you a giant golden dick and the second to last game on match of the day though?

JAM See

I think the point is, you should have NEVER been given a mortgage based on your spending habits.

The EFL 'supposedly' have a fit and proper test to prevent people like 'you' fucking up not just you but all your innocent dependents.

oucho

What if spending your income on fags women and drink could potentially get you a giant golden dick and the second to last game on match of the day though?
What the F would I do with a golden dick, Hill???

Grendel

I think the point is, you should have NEVER been given a mortgage based on your spending habits.

The EFL 'supposedly' have a fit and proper test to prevent people like 'you' fucking up not just you but all your innocent dependents.

No they don’t - the EFL cannot control behaviour after takeover and also if there’s is one buyer and this so called fit and proper test fails the club dies anyway

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

They are still not allowed to circumvent rules. Bolton will go down tonight unless they are taken over regardless of EFL rules on admin

But there is a preferential creditors list and an order of priority in who gets paid first. The only way around that was if the football creditor was classified as a secured creditor, who held a charge over a business asset (most likely the player the club bought). For me, they shouldn't be and should be classed as a trade creditor.

Sky Blue 1987

I wouldn't expect an immediate statement from the EFL confirming expulsion. I would guess it's more likely that a special board meeting will be held in the next 24-48 hours at which the executive will formally vote to ratify expulsion. Only once that's done, will an announcement be made.

No affinity for Bury whatsoever but this is desperately sad.

The SSN reporter at Bury says the EFL will be having a meeting and a decision should be expected by 7pm at the latest

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread