Burton - The Aftermatch Thread (1 Viewer)

ccfcway

well, looks like Shaw is out the running !

SkyBlue_Bear83

Thought his interview was decent, better than his post match Crewe one. By the looks of it he has one last chance on Sunday

Otis

Don't like to single players out but Brown, Hussey and Baker were all absolutely dreadful tonight. Kilbane wasn't much better.

Besides those above I thought Christie looked very rusty and he needs games. Jennings I looked pretty good for me and he is one of those intelligent players I feel who always finds time and space on the ball.

As for McGoldrick, I thought he did okay but I am not sure he has got the cutting edge in his locker and this would probably explain his poor goals to games ratio.

MOTM - Murphy for scoring the penalty.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Some of these players are not good or consistent enough, you can talk about tactics and systems all you like but if you can't pass a ball 10 yards or put in a decent cross then what can you do as a manager?

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Some of these players are not good or consistent enough, you can talk about tactics and systems all you like but if you can't pass a ball 10 yards or put in a decent cross then what can you do as a manager?

Valid point! Sheffers and Hussey today must has been our worst ever partnership go play on the same side as each other! Amount of times they gave the ball away or put it out of play because of a sloppy pass! Only way that can resolved is by dropping them!

Glad Shaw was pretty honest about Hussey being poor in his interview

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Don't like to single players out but Brown, Hussey and Baker were all absolutely dreadful tonight. Kilbane wasn't much better.

Besides those above I thought Christie looked very rusty and he needs games. Jennings I looked pretty good for me and he is one of those intelligent players I feel who always finds time and space on the ball.

As for McGoldrick, I thought he did okay but I am not sure he has got the cutting edge in his locker and this would probably explain his poor goals to games ratio.

MOTM - Murphy for scoring the penalty.

I agree with all the above

ccfcway

SHAW

"At times we did ok"

"Perhaps the players we nervous cause it was a samll crowd"

:facepalm:

Diehard Si

We know the players can perform. We've seen it, we know they are capable.

We need a manager to get them to RELAX, settle down, get into a rhythm and play some football.

It's too edgy, nervous and static. It's not natural and fluid. I feel a lot better looking at this seasons crap performances than prior years.

I can see potential there, but it's not working yet. They are not a team yet, just nervous players scared of failure. This season has been more frustrating than anything.

BUT I think it can be pulled round. I've seen enough glimpses of quality to make me think a good manager can mould this team into a force.

Paxman II

What we saw against Brum last week and what we have seen since shows that to fall from good looking and commited form in one game to abject woefulness that there is something, something fundamentally wrong at the club.
Yes the manager/coach could be better and the players should be able to show more than a one game perormance? Baker is a great example....how can he have gone from the display against Brum to two pretty awful displays?

I'm scratching my head looking for all sorts of reasoning. Are the players being paid? Have those contracts really upset a few? Are they getting away with blue murder and disciplined? Are they drinking too much? Are they fit? Is there a complete lack of respect at the club?
Are they simply protesting?

They are prefessionals and none of the above gives them an excuse. I would like to know if there is something going on and if not then what the hell is wrong with you people?!

Baginton

my starting XI for Sunday after last nights effort...

...................Murphy................
Christie..Malaga..Wood..Kilbane
Barton...Baker....Jennings..Sheff
..........McDonald..McGoldrick.....

Brown must be dropped, if its in the agreement, he must play, send him back!
we cannot afford to have any passengers this season
Hussey must be dropped, 2 ft pass to sheff or punt it upfield straight to a burton player :facepalm: err punt it

Edited to add, Block 20, Row UU, is awesome, right on the half way line, best seat in the house ??
can we change over seaon ticket seat mid season :whistle::whistle::whistle:

Last edited:

Lord_Nampil

What I don't understand is how quickly the confidence has gone, last week against Brum players played with freedom but the last 2 games have seen the old conservative none movement side to side going know where football! The squad isn't too small we have over 30 Players to pick from, and should be utilising that!!! We need a new man in quick to change that ASAP, there has been no new ideas in the way we play and the ghost of thorn is still here....

Otis

Maybe the players have heard that it's Gary Megson coming in and they have been really depressed since.

Stevec189

Otis do you really think it fair to single out players when they were all awful? All were guilty of poor tackling, poor passing and a complete lack of tempo. They all showed a complete lack of confidence after Sat and it is difficult to know how to change this a big challenge for the new man whoever that is!

Diehard Si

Otis do you really think it fair to single out players when they were all awful? All were guilty of poor tackling, poor passing and a complete lack of tempo. They all showed a complete lack of confidence after Sat and it is difficult to know how to change this a big challenge for the new man whoever that is!

It's not really. A new manager, a few wins and heads will be up and everyone will be going the other way and there will be threads of automatic promotion again and people getting carried away.

Those players tonight were scared and too rigid. Years of losing followed by a crap start, pathetic fans booing them, manager sacked has taken its toll.

It was awful last night, but it's been awful before. A week ago we were a great side. If we were idly drifting I would be worried. But they have shown they are capable. We just need a boss to get them to play and relax a little.

But we've acted and will either have a new boss in by Sun or the following game.

Users who are viewing this thread