Match Thread Burton Albion vs. Coventry City Match Thread - Saturday 14th Sep (1 Viewer)

wal3590

I think hyam & McFadz will start which was probably Robins first choice until hyam was injured I think once McFadz & hyam get together that will be first choice pairing

Didn't realise they fancied eachother..

Mr Panda

Another interesting post from their forum. Not sure I agree with the comments about Dabo and I think we are a far better team than them. Confident of 3 points the way we are playing and scoring for fun

Just watched all of their highlights and it's a real mixed bag.They have definitely got goals in them, the good news is they look to play football and they really struggle to deal with crosses into their box. Having kept clean sheets for their first 3 league games they've since conceded 3 against Portsmouth, Watford and Oxford and 2 against Blackpool.

Up front Godden (24) will be a threat, he's a big strong lad and is very good in the air, with 14 for Peterboro last season and 3 already this, he's bang on form. I wouldn't be surprised to see O'Hare (17) start just behind him, he's on loan from Villa, looks a really busy live wire and is really sharp in and around the box. Having Godden upfront gives them the option of going long quickly and although they prefer to play it through the pitch, they're not scared to use him as an outlet and Jake will have to watch his runs into the channel

We'll have to be on our toes for Westrooke's (26) set piece delivery and for his general willingness to shoot on site.

If Kyle is fit to start alongside Rose (4) the will be more solid but if either is out they are really shaky defensively. Both are really good defenders but we know from experience that Kyle is capable of losing the plot and young Rose also has a clumsy mistake in him. If we can press them high we'll cause Rose in particular problems as he looks to play out too much.

Their right back Dabo (23) is a total liability defensively and if we can get someone running off him at the far post he will fall asleep. He's also more than likely to get booked. He can put a ball in if given time going forward but he's somebody I'd definitely target.

Jabello (10) is a threat from the right hand side and looks to cross it early. He's another powerful lad who drives forward with the ball really well.

They beat Blackpool last time out, coming from 2 down to win 3-2 but it took Blackpool going down to ten men and Blackpool could have scored a couple long before then.

Looking at the games against teams we've both played, they drew 3-3 at Ocford with Oxford snatching a last minute equaliser, but watching the game Oxford caused them unbelievable problems out wide and could have won 6-3. They also beat Gillingham 1-0. I think we played better v both of those sides and trust we've just about got enough to beat them this weekend.

My own feelings are that it will be a nice open game but I think we are a better side than they are, just. I think they'll finish in and around the top 6. They're a good side without having a really clear style of play. They'll be a real threat on Saturday but as long as we can put out a strong first 11, we'll nick it by the odd goal

Read more: Coventry City (Home) | Cloughthemagicdragon

I hope this lad never gets a job as a scout.

ccfcchris

Saturday’s League One action is an all-Midlands affair as Burton Albion go blow for blow with Coventry City at the Pirelli Stadium. A close game is expected to be in order as the sides fight for the points on offer.

After finishing 10 points off the play-off pace in League One last season, hosts Burton Albion are hoping to put together more of a top 6 push this time around. On paper, The Brewers have enough quality to challenge towards the upper end of the division and they come into Saturday’s game in good shape.

Indeed, Burton have recovered well from an opening day defeat to Ipswich and are now an impressive 5 matches unbeaten across all competitions, of which they’ve won 4. As far as league action goes, the side have 10 points from their opening 6 games, which ranks as a decent enough start that would be looking even healthier if they could secure victory on Saturday.

Meanwhile, after some shrewd summer additions, Coventry appear ready to put together a real promotion charge under Mark Robins. The Sky Blues have thus far been unaffected by having to play their home games at Birmingham City’s St. Andrew’s and come into this game in excellent shape, currently 2nd in the division with 15 points to their name after 7 outings.

All in all, Coventry have lost just 1 of their last 10 games and even that came against Premier League Watford in the League Cup, so they have no reason to make this short trip to the Pirelli in apprehensive mood. Whilst it’s true their performances at ‘home’ have been most impressive so far this campaign, they’ve still shown impressive resolve on the road, taking a point from their last 3 away league matches.

Ultimately, this should be a closely fought encounter and little looks like separating the two. There’s not a huge amount between Burton and Coventry when looking at them on a man for man basis and though Coventry have started the season very well, Burton hasn’t been bad themselves, especially in recent weeks.

All things considered, backing a draw looks the best way to play as far as the betting is concerned and is exactly where our money is going at an appealing price. Both teams are proving extremely hard to beat and it’s difficult to envisage anything giving way on Saturday, with a 1-1 stalemate on the cards.

https://www.freesupertips.com/previ...-predictions-betting-tips-and-match-previews/

Johnnythespider

The thing about being unbeaten is it makes you a target for teams, as a fan I'm waiting for that first defeat so i can feel normal again, but i don't think it's coming tomorrow, McFadz to score against his old mates with goals from Godden and Hiwula securing a 3-1 win.

Sky Blue Harry H

Slightly twitchy about today - and wish Kelly was available. Think this might be another basketball type game, end to end with a few goals. I think we're turning into that Peterborough side of a few seasons ago when they used to average about 9 goals a game!

skyblueads83

Looking forward to this match but I must admit that I’m a little nervous. 3 points would be a fantastic result at Burton. PUSB.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Marty

I'd take a draw today, will be a tough game, keep the points tally ticking over.

2-2 Godden and Hiwula.

skybluegod

No Baka at all and didn't even play for u23's yesterday... Injured? Or did he just play himself out of favour!!

Users who are viewing this thread