Burge being found out (2 Viewers)

• Thread starter Deleted member 2477
  • Start date

Liquid Gold

Can’t believe we are still obsessing about him. He has moved on ...why can’t we?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
There's an ex player thread, a thread on Walsh, a thread on people's favourite players from the 90s. Don't come on a thread about Burge if you don't want to discuss him.

People only want to move on because they want to be Mother fucking Theresa about someone that costs us dozens of points.

lifeskyblue

There's an ex player thread, a thread on Walsh, a thread on people's favourite players from the 90s. Don't come on a thread about Burge if you don't want to discuss him.

People only want to move on because they want to be Mother fucking Theresa about someone that costs us dozens of points.

I have come on to say that burge is history; I don’t care how he does at Sunderland (unless we draw them in a cup...or they get promoted at end of season). I wondered why a keeper who was going nowhere with us exercises so many sky blue minds. It’s as legitimate a point as ‘i always said he is sh*t ‘ or ‘leave him alone and good luck to him’.
And no I don’t particularly want to go over old ground with the same old tired arguments as 2 or 3 or 4 yrs ago.
However if Mcallum gets to the premier league, or madders becomes a regular England starter etc then that is worthy of discussion.

Grendel

Keyboard warrior who has never been anywhere near a professional football pitch takes to the airwaves to deride a former CCFC player who always did his best for us - and had some great games before a clear loss of confidence - based on the comments of another keyboard warrior. Classic.

God I bet your a hoot at parties

Saddlebrains

Keyboard warrior who has never been anywhere near a professional football pitch takes to the airwaves to deride a former CCFC player who always did his best for us - and had some great games before a clear loss of confidence - based on the comments of another keyboard warrior. Classic.

Hi Lee, whats the weather like up there?

fatso

I have come on to say that burge is history; I don’t care how he does at Sunderland (unless we draw them in a cup...or they get promoted at end of season). I wondered why a keeper who was going nowhere with us exercises so many sky blue minds. It’s as legitimate a point as ‘i always said he is sh*t ‘ or ‘leave him alone and good luck to him’.
And no I don’t particularly want to go over old ground with the same old tired arguments as 2 or 3 or 4 yrs ago.
However if Mcallum gets to the premier league, or madders becomes a regular England starter etc then that is worthy of discussion.

I think the point is that Burge always divided opinion amongst the sky blue faithful, some would back a pile of shit as long as it wore the shirt, others would point out obvious short comings. (Each to their own)

The same can be seen today in the debates over Baka and Biamou, some people will point out Biamou's goal last night as proof that he is good enough and should be retained, while others will point out that coming off the bench after an hour and scoring against a tired, lower league defence is all he is fit for. Either way, the debate will rumble on.

As for Burge, his supporters often say it was a lack of confidence caused by being undermined by a section of our fans that caused his inconsistency. Clearly we can now see that wasnt the case, as he appears to be the same at Sunderland. I think pointing that out, is worthy of a thread, and subsequent discussion, if you disagree, that your right, but dont deride those who still have an interest in how former players perform.

It's not just successful players who deserve to get a mention, as much as we would all congratulate Mcallum, or Maddison on making the most of their undoubted talent, we can only do that justice by also mentioning those former players who's careers may not have panned out quite as they would of liked.

Sorry for the essay! PUSB

D

Deleted member 2477

I think the point is that Burge always divided opinion amongst the sky blue faithful, some would back a pile of shit as long as it wore the shirt, others would point out obvious short comings. (Each to their own)

The same can be seen today in the debates over Baka and Biamou, some people will point out Biamou's goal last night as proof that he is good enough and should be retained, while others will point out that coming off the bench after an hour and scoring against a tired, lower league defence is all he is fit for. Either way, the debate will rumble on.

As for Burge, his supporters often say it was a lack of confidence caused by being undermined by a section of our fans that caused his inconsistency. Clearly we can now see that wasnt the case, as he appears to be the same at Sunderland. I think pointing that out, is worthy of a thread, and subsequent discussion, if you disagree, that your right, but dont deride those who still have an interest in how former players perform.

It's not just successful players who deserve to get a mention, as much as we would all congratulate Mcallum, or Maddison on making the most of their undoubted talent, we can only do that justice by also mentioning those former players who's careers may not have panned out quite as they would of liked.

Sorry for the essay! PUSB
Excellent reply mate. Each to their own thats what the joy of the game is as we all have our own views.
now shall we start a discussion on Kevin Kyle

torchomatic

Can’t believe we are still obsessing about him. He has moved on ...why can’t we?

It's not nothing to do with "moving on". Otherwise we couldn't talk about any ex-player or any previous season. So, talking about the 87Cup Final is banned: "we won, let's move on". We can't talk about last season: "we won the league, let's move on". We can't have "who was your favourite right-sided midfielder" threads: "they don't play for us anymore. Move on".

skybluegod

It's not nothing to do with "moving on". Otherwise we couldn't talk about any ex-player or any previous season. So, talking about the 87Cup Final is banned: "we won, let's move on". We can't talk about last season: "we won the league, let's move on". We can't have "who was your favourite right-sided midfielder" threads: "they don't play for us anymore. Move on".

There is a difference between hatred for one individual than celebrating a club success? I haven't seen a thread about Joe Murphy? Chris Dunn anyone?

We have a Burge thread/discussion every month (or at least it feels like it), we get it some people think he is shit. Join the long list of shit players to play for us.

Liquid Gold

There is a difference between hatred for one individual than celebrating a club success? I haven't seen a thread about Joe Murphy? Chris Dunn anyone?

We have a Burge thread/discussion every month (or at least it feels like it), we get it some people think he is shit. Join the long list of shit players to play for us.
Maybe because so many people wouldn't admit he was shit and it frustrated the rest of us after he's fallen over, or passed the ball to their player or chucked it in the net or let it roll under him etc etc etc.

Burge is still proving us right that he was shit by still making the same mistakes. Most of his fanboys won't say 'hands up I was wrong, that guy was a a liability' they say 'let's move on'. It's bullshit, we had to put up with years of him in goal costing us and then being told he was a good keeper, I'm afraid you'll have to have your shitty defence of him rammed down your throat a few more times.

torchomatic

Hatred? What hatred?

Brighton Sky Blue

Maybe because so many people wouldn't admit he was shit and it frustrated the rest of us after he's fallen over, or passed the ball to their player or chucked it in the net or let it roll under him etc etc etc.

Burge is still proving us right that he was shit by still making the same mistakes. Most of his fanboys won't say 'hands up I was wrong, that guy was a a liability' they say 'let's move on'. It's bullshit, we had to put up with years of him in goal costing us and then being told he was a good keeper, I'm afraid you'll have to have your shitty defence of him rammed down your throat a few more times.

We’ll always have Grimsby (go to 1:10)

PVA

I don't know if I'm missing something, but I don't think Burge does a lot wrong in that video.

Horrible sliced back pass that if he doesn't do anything with then the opposition have the ball unmarked in a dangerous position

There are plenty of better examples of him fucking up than that!

Brighton Sky Blue

I don't know if I'm missing something, but I don't think Burge does a lot wrong in that video.

Horrible sliced back pass that if he doesn't do anything with then the opposition have the ball unmarked in a dangerous position

There are plenty of better examples of him fucking up than that!

I’m not saying he was all to blame but it was hilarious at the time!

Users who are viewing this thread