Bumper Crowd of 11k hoped for! (1 Viewer)

SlowerThanPlatt

Right let's put it in context.

Boro (a team who's had finals at Wembley recently, won the League Cup recently, played In the Europa League final recently and played in the PL for a few seasons as recently as 2008) had a 19,500 average in the Championship last year despite being in the top 3/4 for the majority of the season. They also spent millions and showed ambition to get promoted.

We had 16-17,000 average for the Championship when the majority of us knew we were most likely going to be fighting relegation every season and showed absolutely no ambition to get promoted, just happy making up the numbers.

What excuses do we have for Middlesbrough Grendel and Dongo? They don't earn as much as us?

ccfc92

I just look forward to the day when big crowds, income etc reflect what goes into the 11 players on the pitch, and the will to succeed :(

One day....

Alan Dugdales Moustache

We didn't play in Northampton for 2 years. If you can't even get that right what hope is there. Go and get some training from Council Jack - actually he's made a royal arse on here tonight as well. Lucas will not be happy boys - best go and see Dongle - he will show you the anti CCFC propaganda game.

....do you ever have a day off from all of this kind of stuff ? It's not good for your blood pressure.

Grendel

Right let's put it in context.

Boro (a team who's had finals at Wembley recently, won the League Cup recently, played In the Europa League final recently and played in the PL for a few seasons as recently as 2008) had a 19,500 average in the Championship last year despite being in the top 3/4 for the majority of the season. They also spent millions and showed ambition to get promoted.

We had 16-17,000 average for the Championship when the majority of us knew we were most likely going to be fighting relegation every season and showed absolutely no ambition to get promoted, just happy making up the numbers.

What excuses do we have for Middlesbrough Grendel and Dongo? They don't earn as much as us?

The town has half the population of Coventry.

SlowerThanPlatt

Not true at all Grendel. Teesside is Middlesbrough, I should know that because my son goes to Teesside university and it is located in Middlesbrough. Think about it, would there be a university called Nuneaton University in Coventry? No, because Nuneaton isn't in Coventry. Teeside Park? In Middlesbrough.

Here you are Grendel: a national newspaper asking whether Boros manager will quit Teesside,

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/middlesbrough-manager-aitor-karanka-not-5761852

If Mowbray was linked to another job would that newspaper report will Tony Mowbray quit Nuneaton? No. Or in Man Uniteds case will Van Gaal quit Stockport? No they wouldn't.

Teesside hospital? In Middlesbrough. Teesside church? In Middlesbrough. Teesaide hospice? In Middlesbrough. Teesside court? In Middlesbrough.

Think about it Grendel, if Teesside wasn't in Middlesbrough, it has a population of 380,000 yet doesn't have one professional or semi pro sports club - that is because Teesside is Middlesbrough.

So, if what you say is a fact, Boro had a 34,000 attendance last year, that would mean 1 in every 5 people of a 180,000 population was at that Middlesbrough game - truly remarkable, world record for sure.

Grendel, I only deal in facts. Sorry.

SlowerThanPlatt

Steve Gibson, Middlesbrough chairman: "Middlesbrough Football Club exists for the community, for the people of Teesside—and the closure of the steel plants threatens to rip the heart out of our community. We cannot stand by and allow that to happen. We want the steelworkers and their families to know that we are behind them and will help their campaign in any way we can ... We like to think that the football club is the flagship of Teesside. Well this is our town and these are our people and we have to do what we can to help them."[68]

Middlesbrough FC tweet: "The whole of Teesside will be with us tonight." bit.ly/1Hi2ChO #Believe #UTB pic.twitter.com/Czf23UzlDR"

Would CCFC tweet out the whole of Nuneaton are with us tonight? No again.

I'm sorry to disappoint Grendel but you're wrong here. The population of Middlesbrough is actually 560,000 - compared to Coventry which is 330,000. Blimey, now you've been proved wrong, what's your next move? Our tickets are cheaper? We earn more than them? There's a lack of transport in Middlesbrough?

SlowerThanPlatt

And some more to put the nail firmly in his coffin:

@solentsport: CHERRIES: @AFCBournemouth understood to have had a £3m bid for Tomlin accepted by the Teesside club. #afcb @boro

@PA_dugout: .@whufc_official's Stewart Downing is on Teesside to seal a return to @Boro

@BarclaysFooty: Our final #BPL dream debutant of the week is the Italian legend of Teesside, @Boro hat-trick hero Fabrizio Ravanelli

@Boro: Morning all! Teesside is well and truly on tour! We'll have updates throughout the morning for you with all info you need.

Grendel will not be a happy man in the morning, he still won't accept he's wrong though.

hill83

Just a quick one. Where is Warwick University?

Also, Middlesbrough is in Teesside. Teesside is not Middlesbrough.

Last edited:

SlowerThanPlatt

It's in Coventry as far as I'm aware.

Yes I know that. My point is Coventry wouldn't be referenced as Warwick or Nuneaton in football terms, however Teesside is for Middlesbrough, so it's a massive myth Grendel saying there is only 180,000 people who live there when the figure is a lot closer to 550,000.

AndreasB

It's in Coventry as far as I'm aware.

Yes I know that. My point is Coventry wouldn't be referenced as Warwick or Nuneaton in football terms, however Teesside is for Middlesbrough, so it's a massive myth Grendel saying there is only 180,000 people who live there when the figure is a lot closer to 550,000.

Teeside "University" eh? You must be so proud.

Astute

It is more simpler than some think or try to make out. How many league football clubs are within a 20 mile radius of Middlesboro? How many are within 20 miles of Coventry?

fernandopartridge

It is more simpler than some think or try to make out. How many league football clubs are within a 20 mile radius of Middlesboro? How many are within 20 miles of Coventry?

What are the respective populations of this 20 mile radius. If you're going to make comparisons at least compare like with like.

kevinleftpeg

This sure makes for a huge queue to get on the dodgems. I did not realize the Fair was opposite the Ricoh in the big car park this weekend :D

Perhaps some of the crowd will go & watch the match instead

lifeskyblue

This sure makes for a huge queue to get on the dodgems. I did not realize the Fair was opposite the Ricoh in the big car park this weekend :D

Perhaps some of the crowd will go & watch the match instead

Does that mean car park c closed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Astute

What are the respective populations of this 20 mile radius. If you're going to make comparisons at least compare like with like.

The population of Teesside is just under 400k. The majority of these live in or close to Middlesboro. A 20 mile radius goes further than Teesside.

SlowerThanPlatt

Any word from you on this [MENTION=4246]Grendel[/MENTION]? I can guarantee you would have posted already if it wasn't about another teams support.

Woz01

Does Middlesbrough have any other sports representing the town at a decent level apart from Football? Coventry has more sports representing a City than most, that affects ccfc attendences.

pusbccfc

Does Middlesbrough have any other sports representing the town at a decent level apart from Football? Coventry has more sports representing a City than most, that affects ccfc attendences.

Does it? Before the Wasps arrived, we were getting poor crowds. A couple thousand at Cov Rugby and Blaze doesn't make much difference.

Users who are viewing this thread