Bulgarian international (1 Viewer)

Rodders1

Just read a tweet that we've signed Vladimir Gadzhev. Never heard of him but I'm excited already!

rupert_bear

All very hush hush. If true how good is he, when will we know, will he feature tomorrow or when, who will he replace, Cole ? Fleck ?

letsallsingtogether

Just watched him on You tube will fit in pretty good........
can't shoot for shit.

The Reverend Skyblue

How many internationals have we got now, including under 21's etc as they bugger off every month for a week or so ?
The way we are going we will have to be cancelling games next season, though this Bulgarian looks mighty impressive,but as mad as a box of spanners which will make him a cult hero if he sticks around.
A great signing for me

Last edited:

gears87

Another big MO ....hopefully

Shows current players cant sit on their laurels and just take the money...pressure on lads?

D

Deleted member 2477

Am i the only one whos not excited about this ?
we cant score for toffee at the moment or create chances.
no winger, no creative midfield player bought in who are ready to play.

why are we talking about next season plans when this is the season we need to get out this division. Its like mowbrey has given up and all ready building a team for next year

torchomatic

It does piss me off when we sign players but then don't stick them in the squad.

At the moment we have nothing to lose and everything to gain.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Otis

It does piss me off when we sign players but then don't stick them in the squad.

Would definitely say that about Jodi Jones. I just wonder if the Bulgarian's English isn't so good. Might take him a little while to incorporate into the team's ethos.

As I said earlier in the thread, I am curious as to whether these players have come in to take us to promotion, or that TM thinks they could make their mark in the Championship too.

Be very surprising if the manager brought these players in for a campaign push next season.

rupert_bear

I find this reluctance to put new signings straight in a puzzle too. Way back in 1968 we bought 2 players on deadline day Chris Cattlin and Ernie Hunt, both went straight into the team against reigning champions Manchester United, Bobby Charlton, Denis Law, George Best and co, we won 2-0. Players are signed nowadays and wait weeks for their debut.

Otis

I find this reluctance to put new signings straight in a puzzle too. Way back in 1968 we bought 2 players on deadline day Chris Cattlin and Ernie Hunt, both went straight into the team against reigning champions Manchester United, Bobby Charlton, Denis Law, George Best and co, we won 2-0. Players are signed nowadays and wait weeks for their debut.
Yep. Sometimes I think it is all ravelled up in the red tape of statistical charts and game plans and paperwork.

If you bring a winger in for instance, how much tactical talk does it take to tell him to go down the wing and get the ball over?

Can understand it for some positions that require a lot of discipline (DM for instance), but I do agree, if a player is match fit and you think he can help the side, then why not help the side straight away!

Otis

What ethos is that then? Bottling it completely?
Well maybe.

Seems a number of managers these days believe players need to be integrated into line-ups rather than unleashing them straight away.

Puzzles me at times too.

AFCCOVENTRY

Jones and Vlad need to be in the squad tonight. One is a winger with pace and and eye for goal. That kind of player causes havoc in this league. Vlad is an international midfielder who has also played champions league footy. He was also captain of the Levski who are Bulgarian champions. The guy has pedigree and it's shocking to find him willing to play in League 1.

Both need to be on the bench tonight at least. Could be game changers for us and at this stage the unknown will cause opposition problems.

Otis

Jones and Vlad need to be in the squad tonight. One is a winger with pace and and eye for goal. That kind of player causes havoc in this league. Vlad is an international midfielder who has also played champions league footy. He was also captain of the Levski who are Bulgarian champions. The guy has pedigree and it's shocking to find him willing to play in League 1.

Both need to be on the bench tonight at least. Could be game changers for us and at this stage the unknown will cause opposition problems.
If they are both match fit I agree.

We know it won't happen though.

Jones may well be on the bench, mind. I don't quite get TM's thinking on this. He says Jones is just 18 and one for the future and worries about throwing him in too early, but the lad has played 35 times for Dagenham and Redbridge! He's hardly a novice.

Merseyskyblue

Another shit signing. If he was any good why the hell would he need a trial with a mid table league 1 club...
That's unfair IMO - he had recently been signed by fc kuban krasnodar until the deal was annuled due to finance issues. Very respectable team in the russian lge with the likes of felipe santana playing for them...

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

AFCCOVENTRY

If they are both match fit I agree.

We know it won't happen though.

Jones may well be on the bench, mind. I don't quite get TM's thinking on this. He says Jones is just 18 and one for the future and worries about throwing him in too early, but the lad has played 35 times for Dagenham and Redbridge! He's hardly a novice.

Maybe Mogga is trying to protect Jones which I understand. But he must be worth a cameo 20-25mins in the second half of things don't go to plan tonight.

I guess we wait and see.

mrtrench

Another shit signing. If he was any good why the hell would he need a trial with a mid table league 1 club...

So given that we are in league 1, by definition everyone we sign is shit? But then everyone all of our rivals sign is shit too, by the same logic. So as long as their signings are more shit we'll do OK.

letsallsingtogether

Exactly that.
If they are not match for throw them on with 20-25mins to go and mix it up a bit.

Nick

Administrator
Exactly that.
If they are not match for throw them on with 20-25mins to go and mix it up a bit.

Exactly, especially if it is somebody pacey and unknown. I wonder if that is why Armstrong did so well at the start of the season too before people were clued up about how to play against him?

I bet a tired defender defending a lead rubs their hands together when they see Fortune come on, rather than a young pacey forward with something to prove!

letsallsingtogether

Exactly, especially if it is somebody pacey and unknown. I wonder if that is why Armstrong did so well at the start of the season too before people were clued up about how to play against him?

I bet a tired defender defending a lead rubs their hands together when they see Fortune come on, rather than a young pacey forward with something to prove!

And with so few games left could get us the points needed before they catch in.

asiaskyblues

I find one of the most disturbing things in life is when people cover up knowing what to do with 'pretending' to know what to do. Professor Hawkins called it 'false intelligence' and he believes it to be the greatest danger to man. Saying that I don't think he was talking about TM personally :D

Users who are viewing this thread