Budget management (1 Viewer)

woody11462

Just watched Mowbray's post match interview from Saturday and he mentioned how he has managed this season'a budget, which is smaller than last years. A massive amount of credit goes to him for where he has prioritised his cash. He's tried to change the mentality of the team with the training ground facelift. I'm not sure how much of our form can be credited to that specifically but we do look like a different beast this year.

But the main area of budget management is the squad priorities. I know hind sight is a wonderful thing but pre season we looked short in quality and people, including myself were maybe hoping for a raft of striking options, a new left back to compete with Stokes signing (who has looked much improved)or a new keeper as so many are not confident in Burge etc etc etc. But he has put some faith in these players and I feel they are looking more than capable of doing a good job this year. More money had to be directed to the attacking areas and we are benefiting for this. Burge and the defence may make the occasional mistake this year and cost a few points but the attacking ethos the team has will gain us far more points and far outweigh that if we keep playing how we are.

Fingers crossed we can keep up the good start and finally give us city fans something to cheer come the end of the season because we deserve it.

Silence_Is_The_Enemy

having a manager who is trusted by prem teams to take the top young talent is going a long way Ryan Kent and Adam Armstrong are special players and teams are careful where they send that sort of player

maddog

Mowbray (with Venus and Clapham) has been brilliant with the budget. You could see it at the end of last season how all the payers improved and have continued to do so. Stokes carrying an injury all season has been good, Burge has made very few mistakes that have led to goals. If you look at the two games we lost, although we did not play well, we were organised. At Walsall,their second goal was offside if the ref had applied the new offside rule properly. At Scunthorpe, Fleck made a schoolboy error. If we can keep injury free to key players and keep our useless board from interfering we will do well.

Users who are viewing this thread