BTsport in touch about kcic @ Arsenal (1 Viewer)

Looks like you may be right after all - by the looks of it there won't be any/many tickets going on general sale - season ticket holders, members seem to have bought a lot - although I think those fans whon have got away stubs have been allowed to buy tickets today so it won't be all the Shitfields devotees and their mates at the game.

My grievance lay with the fact they hadn't put the tickets on general sale for a minute before deciding we weren't getting more than 5,000 fans there. This, knowing full well that the vast majority of us don't go to 'home' games.

You'll get the usual suspects defending them on here though. F*ck knows why.

After wrestling banners off people, privately negotiating with other clubs to do the same and threatening to sue anyone that says a bad word... they wouldn't possibly be capable of manipulating which of our supporters get tickets for this game knowing there was a planned protest would they? Speculation yes but why rule it out?

Strange behaviour.

Last edited:

Grendel

My grievance lay with the fact they hadn't put the tickets on general sale for a minute before deciding we weren't getting more than 5,000 fans there. This, knowing full well that the vast majority of us don't go to 'home' games.

You'll get the usual suspects defending them on here though. F*ck knows why.

After wrestling banners off people, privately negotiating with other clubs to do the same and threatening to sue anyone that says a bad word... they wouldn't possibly be capable of manipulating which of our supporters get tickets for this game knowing there was a planned protest would they? Speculation yes but why rule it out?

Strange behaviour.

The decision makes sound commercial sense. I can totally understand therefore why your don't see the sense in it.

bigfatronssba

The decision makes sound commercial sense. I can totally understand therefore why your don't see the sense in it.

Given that Arsenal always sell out anyway, would you have supported the club requesting just 1000 tickets?

Would that not also have made commercial sense?

Grendel

Given that Arsenal always sell out anyway, would you have supported the club requesting just 1000 tickets?

Would that not also have made commercial sense?

Would that be allowed with the segregation arrangements?

theferret

The club cocked up Grendel. They should always do what they can to maximise the number of our supporters at a game like this, so they should have put tickets on general sale a lot sooner to properly gauge demand. They didn't though, and at the point they were forced to make the decision I understand why they didn't take the risk. The scheduling of ticket sales was all wrong though, no argument with that.

It makes sound commercial sense to not allow your customers to buy tickets - classic Grendel.

Gold Star Super Fan

shmmeee

It makes sound commercial sense to not allow your customers to buy tickets - classic Grendel.

Gold Star Super Fan

No, just classic short term capitalist thinking. Much like our owners.

Long term the club needs to nurture support, but you wouldn't care about that if you're not planning to be here long term would you?

No, just classic short term capitalist thinking. Much like our owners.

Long term the club needs to nurture support, but you wouldn't care about that if you're not planning to be here long term would you?

Quite.

Like I said, the normal thing to do would have been to put them on general sale for a day before this apparent deadline. In order to ascertain the level of demand more accurately.

Gold Star Super Fan

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread