BT Sports (1 Viewer)

ajsccfc

Sillett was a traitor according to this place at one time too. Doesn't take much for knees to jerk.

WillieStanley

David James surely hates us. He used to get all the stick in the world when he came to HR and you could tell he hadn't forgotten. Any opportunity he had he would put the knife in!

As for Bobby, in the build up I don't think he had much opportunity to talk about Cov. During the commentary he was equally passionate about both clubs!! Why wouldn't he be passionate about the underdogs he took to Wembley? I think some are looking for stuff that isn't there just to have a moan!

Last edited:

Steve.B50

David James surely hates us. He used to get all the stick in the world when he came to HR and you could tell he hadn't forgotten. Any opportunity he had he would put the knife in!

As for Bobby, in the build up I don't think he had much opportunity to talk about Cov. During the commentary he was equally passionate about both clubs!! Why wouldn't he be passionate about the underdogs he took to Wembley? I think some are looking for stuff that isn't there just to have a moan!

We were with about 40 City fans in main stand next to the BT Sports booth in the corner, David James took a lot of stick from us, all good natured but in second half after mistake by the keeper DJ had a lot of fun aimed at him.
He had no choice but to smile as we were so close to him.
Late night back but decent result although I think Murphy saved us, they played some decent stuff, especially first half.

Covfather

BT sports have just won the rights to broadcast champions league and europa league. Sky must be sh8tting their bricks

James Smith

Ooh that's made me laugh, I read an interview with Barney Francis (Sky Sports MD) in CITY AM a week or so ago where he said:

CITY AM said:
Francis admits that Sky is “in the market,” for the new contract for the European Champions’ League. “We know what we want to achieve out of the process,” he adds.
- See more at: http://www.cityam.com/article/13829...who-set-resume-battle-bt#sthash.uryeVEAp.dpuf

I bet BT getting the rights wasn't what they wanted to achieve out of it. :)

torchomatic

Yeah, I like it. I like the way they interview people on the pitch, touchline and we get glimpses in the dressing room, though I presume Pressley vetoed the last option. It beats Sky hands down, mainly because I'm not too fussed about Premiership games. I like watching the Scottish and Conference games on BT.

How refreshing these once two great clubs are getting great coverage on TV for once. Sky could learn a lot from BT Sport about covering matches outside the premiership

ollyservetta

I remember when we won 0.1 at goodison ,first season of the pass back rule ,peter undlove ,yes I know that's spelt wrong,scored by going 3 parts the length of the pitch and round southall .bobby gould came out midway threw half time to applaud the fans and the players were sent to applaud us as they came back on ,hats off to him and all the respect that his actions deserved that day

WillieStanley

Yeah, I like it. I like the way they interview people on the pitch, touchline and we get glimpses in the dressing room, though I presume Pressley vetoed the last option. It beats Sky hands down, mainly because I'm not too fussed about Premiership games. I like watching the Scottish and Conference games on BT.

Yeah, I actually enjoyed the build up. I'd have liked to have seen more stuff prepared before hand though. I loved "Dugout Cam" and them interviewing from the pitch. Did anyone watch the programme on afterwards thought? They had the sports guy that used to do BBC Breakfast and then went on Strictly and 2 others. The three of them were so annoying it was unbelievable. I couldn't hear what they were saying over the sound of their own tripe. The only other programme I've seen on there had Danny Baker as an anchor. Need I go on? They need to sort out their personell - once they do that, they're a real contender to stop Sky's monopoly.

pusbccfc

Love their coverage. Now they have all Europa League and Champo League they will dominate Sky.

RegTheDonk

Glad Gould was there, he was pretty 50/50 imho. Be thankful Sanchez got stuck in traffic, we wouldnt have had a look in.

ajsccfc

BT show a swashbuckling and exciting team win, and immediately snap up the cream of European football.

Coincidence? (probably)

covcity4life

like BT laid back approach but much prefer SKY for big games, quite gutted they won rights. i mean david james, hes so slow and does stupid shit like talk about off camera jokes as if the viewer at home know what he is going on about, has he had any media training?

hope it doesnt affect their italian coverage when the rights come up for that again.

Stafford_SkBlue

"They had the sports guy that used to do BBC Breakfast and then went on Strictly and 2 others."

You mean Chris Hollins, son of John. Is he working for BT Sports??

Users who are viewing this thread