Bryan Richardson? (1 Viewer)

Shooting2win

I'm about to start a big piece of research for academic work on Cov and I am gathering a bit of background research.

I just wanted to get people's views,opinions or stories on Bryan Richardson and his time at the club and how that has affected our recent history over the last 12 years. Reading Gekoski's book he often quotes Richardson's beliefs of where the club would go in the future, claiming 'we are going to be the Real Madrid of Europe in 5 or 6 years' Oh how wrong he was. Just wanted to get ideas of how he is thought of now and what people thought he'd done to the club.

georgehudson

i think you'll hit quite a few brick walls in your research,
& beware the burgeoning injunctions,
good luck though & hope you're able to publish the truth

mrtrench

This reads very much like an invitation for people to break the libel laws. Be very careful what you write pop pickers.

lordsummerisle

I would like to clearly state, and put it on record, that Lord McAlpine had nothing whatsoever to do with our problems.

ThisManHere

Honestly?

I think he had a dream and genuinely thought he could achieve it. Unfortunately the money he spent was never returned by way of trophies etc.

Sick Boy

If it wasn't for SISU his dreams would have become reality and we'd now be in the CL.

Last edited:

Shooting2win

Im at Uni in Liverpool and the research is a case study on Cov and its recent history. Just informally want to understand our fans perceptions of Richardson.

wingy

Might be worth a private PM to torchomatic on here ,he has a very strong opinion on the Bloke and possibly some archive articles or where to find them.

Me ,I'm a little more pragmatic in thinking that what Richardson did to the club was consistent at the time after the birth of the Prem and after the Taylor report in terms of ground Improvements /Moves.

It could be said that he massively gambled with the clubs future and failed,If we'd avoided relegation no doubt the story would be written differently.

There is a search feature at the top right of the page ,if you enter the words Brian Richardson i'm sure you will hit myriad posts and threads with people speaking unguardedly about the chap

Grendel

Yes beat to it Wingy. Torchmatic is the man to approach. I gather he wrote Bryan's Biogrophy - Coventry City The Golden Years. Chairman of his fan club as well in his spare time.

cloughie

Think the words thief and liar may crop up alot on whatever you find

None of those words would be hard to disprove

Last edited:

torchomatic

coop

Honestly?

I think he had a dream and genuinely thought he could achieve it. Unfortunately the money he spent was never returned by way of trophies etc.
Is this the man that sold HR then rented it back to ccfc and didn't put a penny of that into the ricoh

torchomatic

Yep, that's the fella.

Is this the man that sold HR then rented it back to ccfc and didn't put a penny of that into the ricoh

kg82

One of my mates once told me he thought Brian Richardson looked like a dodgy second-hand car salesman... probably wasn't far off

cloughie

Was it sold to a company owned by the son of a member of the board?

not sure but it was sold to someone within the 'inner circle' think strachan was involved with richardson in the company that bought HR

Sick Boy

not sure but it was sold to someone within the 'inner circle' think strachan was involved with richardson in the company that bought HR

Is it also true that McGinnity's company provided seats for the new stands at HR, as well as the Ricoh??

Disorganised1

Of course this could also be the man who took out an interest free loan of £150K at the start of each season and paid it back at the end.

cloughie

He was also the second highest paid CEO of a football club in the country second only to martin edwards who was at man U, and that in the season we were relegated!!!

Disorganised1

Allegedly, when he was sacked he was going to take the club to court, but then both parties signed a non-disclosure agreement, and his shares went to a local MP for £1.00.

All questions nowadays bang into this non-disclosure agreement.

cloughie

The more i read on here about this embezzler and remember all his thieving it is almost beyond belief

and so it goes on and the thief had the cheek to suggest how he could do it better about a year ago in th CET

The man is contemptable and probably laughing up his slimey sleave

dadgad

Cannot speak more highly of the man.
A saint, a true gent and lived for the club.

Oh dear, I feel quite ill........someone pass me a bag....quick!

torchomatic

And don't forget he personally netted over £300K for negotiating retail space to Tesco.

Sick Boy

When that article was published last year in the CET, there were people who were actually saying he wasn't that bad and that they would welcome him back. :mad:

Users who are viewing this thread