Bryan Richardson (1 Viewer)

ccfctommy

Has anybody listened to the CWR podcast with Bryan Richardson yet?

cov donkey kick

I've not listened to it but thought this was interesting:

The question for Richardson, how come did they not. Why did the Claus not happen.
Why was Highfield Rd sold on a flimsy contract that put us in a rental agreement and no foundations in the club going forward.?

Grendel

The question for Richardson, how come did they not. Why did the Claus not happen.
Why was Highfield Rd sold on a flimsy contract that put us in a rental agreement and no foundations in the club going forward.?

He didn’t sell the rights to Highfield Road and the ensuing rental agreement

Adge

I personally won’t give that man the time of day. I’ve listened to some Simon’s other stuff and it’s great
Yep-Gilbert isn’t too bad but the other 2 doffers are just along for the ride.

NorthernWisdom

I've not listened to it but thought this was interesting:

It is, isn't it. Robinson managed to bankrupt just about every company he was involved with, so little surprise he was a total liability. McGinnity had, seemingly, *some* business acumen, however. What on earth made them give up and hand over pots of money if, as this suggests, the opportunity was there for salvation?

cov donkey kick

Never agreed with Richardson and the club selling Highfield Road and met Richardson at a fans meeting and told him so to his face.

bradwellskyblues

it's worth a listen .For what it's worth had he stayed he would of got a much better deal for the ricoh in my view.It is of course true that his over spending was also a big factor in our demise

Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk

Grendel

Never agreed with Richardson and the club selling Highfield Road and met Richardson at a fans meeting and told him so to his face.

He didn’t sell Highfield Road

fernandopartridge

It is, isn't it. Robinson managed to bankrupt just about every company he was involved with, so little surprise he was a total liability. McGinnity had, seemingly, *some* business acumen, however. What on earth made them give up and hand over pots of money if, as this suggests, the opportunity was there for salvation?
McGinnitys business acumen was making one company he was a director of buy goods from another, hardly Steve Jobs

NorthernWisdom

Richardson has always said the Council took over and screwed the Club, right from years ago. I'm inclined to believe him as he stood to lose lots,
sold the parcel of land to Tesco for £60m with City getting c£30m but CCC refused to give them it, stating "state aid" (how ironic with Wasps shit)
But why would McGinnity and Robinson agree to that?

That's the more pertinent question.

Grendel

Mcginnitty was bidding to supply the seats to the stadium and Robinson and he clearly didn’t want administration and the buy back clause instigated which of course Richardson would probably have done to regain control

robbiethemole

I think they had no choice, it cost more to clean the site up iirc and ran out of money, then CCC jumped in and reset the deal.

Woodingdean_Sky_Blue

I think the answer to your question lies in opaque jiggery-pokery. After all, do you really believe a multimillionaire member of the ruling elite would have put up with losing out by so much as a penny?

Mr Panda

I'm more intrigued by Gilbert's new hair do. Quite a transformation

Got a Lin Manuel Miranda in Hamilton look going on

Attachments

• SmartSelect_20210210-000017_Facebook.jpg
    SmartSelect_20210210-000017_Facebook.jpg
    255.6 KB · Views: 46
  • 37471516cc6622e577f062ab35430f5db034e6bcr1-800-840v2_uhq.jpg
    37471516cc6622e577f062ab35430f5db034e6bcr1-800-840v2_uhq.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:

wingy

I think they had no choice, it cost more to clean the site up iirc and ran out of money, then CCC jumped in and reset the deal.
Mcginnitty was bidding to supply the seats to the stadium and Robinson and he clearly didn’t want administration and the buy back clause instigated which of course Richardson would probably have done to regain control
I think the answer to your question lies in opaque jiggery-pokery. After all, do you really believe a multimillionaire member of the ruling elite would have put up with losing out by so much as a penny?
Didn't the Dutch company get the land when it hit the buffer's?
Was that market value or for a song?
Was there a dividend to them there or someone who had a share of them?

NortonSkyBlue

Richardson, as he states in the podcast, followed an ambitious path to establish the club as a premier league force and oversaw a one of the best era's in my 54 years following the club, getting much better players in and doubling the gates in his ten years as chairman.
It is interesting to listen to him talk about this period and his obvious affection for the club and hurt over the outcome that transpired.
I remember the run up to the stadium announcements and he had communicated in forums, supporters club meetings and via the media why, how and what we needed to be a premier league regular for years to come.
As early as 95 he was of the opinion that Highfield Road could not sustain or even get anywhere near close to generating the income of our rivals.
He was plausible, ambitious and had a vision and set it out clearly. Ridicule came his way over the Wembley scenario, the roof and roll out pitch but the one thing it wasn't was bluster and bullshit, there was substance in why these versions came out and it wasn't in this case anything other than other parties wanting to join in the project.
Has it happened I believe he is damned for overseeing the relegation in 01 and the ignorance of fans looking for a scapegoat. Wrong target in my opinion.

Woodingdean_Sky_Blue

Didn't the Dutch company get the land when it hit the buffer's?
Was that market value or for a song?
Was there a dividend to them there or someone who had a share of them?

It is nice in the Channel Islands at this time of year. I understand that on a clear night you can see Orion.

rob9872

Based on hearsay but why let the facts get in the way of hatred?
How is it based on hearsay? I was a supporter throughout his reign when he took a significant slice from our club on transfers in and out, put a gagging order on the staff and directors that remains in place today on the sale and still never offferd any details and was the one who sold Highfield Road from under us and rented back from the council. He may be spinning a good yarn to those who have conveniently forgotten now but he was the catalyst for all our problems and as bad as SISU are today.

NortonSkyBlue

How is it based on hearsay? I was a supporter throughout his reign when he took a significant slice from our club on transfers in and out, put a gagging order on the staff and directors that remains in place today on the sale and still never offferd any details and was the one who sold Highfield Road from under us and rented back from the council. He may be spinning a good yarn to those who have conveniently forgotten now but he was the catalyst for all our problems and as bad as SISU are today.
Because you state as fact what you believe as happened but it is based on idle gossip, pub talk and conjecture. He was there, you were a supporter, let someone challenge his version with facts and I may be swayed.

Users who are viewing this thread