Video Bryan Richardson Interview | Arrival and Early Days (1 Viewer)

chiefdave

Bit random, why are they interviewing him?

Can't listen to it at work so will have to wait until later. Doubt he's going to reveal anything we haven't heard before though.

olderskyblue

Bit random, why are they interviewing him?

Can't listen to it at work so will have to wait until later. Doubt he's going to reveal anything we haven't heard before though.

He doesn't

torchomatic

Hes also the reason we had the likes of Keane and co i guess not that i am pro Richardson

Vicious circle. "the likes of Keane", players we couldn't afford to pay. Got into debt, sold HR, got into even more debt, moved to Ricoh, etc etc.

In hindsight (easy I know), I would rather we hadn't watched and paid McAllister, Keane and co, consolidated our position and finances and stayed at HR. How things could be different now.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

Vicious circle. "the likes of Keane", players we couldn't afford to pay. Got into debt, sold HR, got into even more debt, moved to Ricoh, etc etc.

In hindsight (easy I know), I would rather we hadn't watched and paid McAllister, Keane and co, consolidated our position and finances and stayed at HR. How things could be different now.
To be honest if I recall - Robinson funded Keane basically to flip him for profit. That still could have happened.

I’d imagine the Honduran and Peruvian adventures didn’t pay off like they wanted on top of renting back HR, ITV Digital collapse and paying for a stadium we couldn’t afford had more to do with the financial disaster

hill83

I'd even argue that we got relegated before player prices and wages went absolutely mental, alongside the TV money. If we had have hung on in the premier league for another 3/4 years we could have been in even worse financial trouble from trying to compete when we inevitably went down. Or maybe not. Obviously wish we stayed at Highfield Road though, I did at the time.

chiefdave

I’d imagine the Honduran and Peruvian adventures didn’t pay off like they wanted on top of renting back HR, ITV Digital collapse and paying for a stadium we couldn’t afford had more to do with the financial disaster
Obviously impossible to ever know for sure but the ITV Digital collapse caused big problems for a lot of club. Add in relegation from the PL and trying to build a new ground and even if we'd been run perfectly to that point its not hard to imagine it causing a few headaches.

torchomatic

To be honest if I recall - Robinson funded Keane basically to flip him for profit. That still could have happened.

True Robinson did pay for Keane. However, we were paying McAllister 20K a week for example. Easy to blame ITV Digital. We seem to be the only team who have moved out of their own stadium twice in recent years. You may blame other factors. Richardson, for me, is the catalyst to our current issues.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

True Robinson did pay for Keane. However, we were paying McAllister 20K a week for example. Easy to blame ITV Digital. We seem to be the only team who have moved out of their own stadium twice in recent years. You may blame other factors. Richardson, for me, is the catalyst to our current issues.
I’m very much in agreement with you - Richardson is for me the devil incarnate. If I recall a lot of the stadium plan was built on England getting the 06 World Cup and the grants from FIFA and the FA we’d have received

rob9872

Unless he divulged the details of the confidential clauses he set in motion all those years back then I don't want to hear what this vile excuse for a human and waste of oxygen has to say. He's Lucas, Duggins, Seppala, Fisher, Eastwood and Harvey all rolled into one.

Esoterica

Can't stand that prick but if wheeling him out to crank the pressure up on the council and wasps works then I'm all for it.

Grendel

As I’ve said many times if Richardson had not been forced out we’d still be at Highfield Road or at the Ricoh on far better terms

Mginnity was a weak man and also had a vested interest in the new stadium development - he was controlled by Robinson from day one.

Richardson was a far harder negotiator and would have not sold repurchase rights and probably took administration and started again with zero penalties

Nick

Administrator
roy-chubby-brown-398355182-300x300.jpg

JimmyHillsbeard

Yes but that was also the model that brought in the three players in your username. None of H, D or W arrive at Coventry without the Newmarket scheme he Introduced.

JimmyHillsbeard

What was the Newmarket Scheme?

That individual investors (usu G Robinson iirc) bought players and cd take a share of the profits if they moved one for higher fees. My understanding is it’s the sort of scheme that got West Ham in so much trouble with the Tevez signing. I’ll dig around for some references to it...

Nick

Administrator
That individual investors (usu G Robinson iirc) bought players and cd take a share of the profits if they moved one for higher fees. My understanding is it’s the sort of scheme that got West Ham in so much trouble with the Tevez signing. I’ll dig around for some references to it...

Ah yeah, third party ownership type stuff? Guess it is all banned now.

joemercersaces

Does no harm to listen to what he has to say, and who knows, we may learn something we don’t currently know. At the very least it will be a reminder.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

Yes but that was also the model that brought in the three players in your username. None of H, D or W arrive at Coventry without the Newmarket scheme he Introduced.
I accept this, but the building of the RA is the catalyst to our downfall - it was his brainchild.

Ah yeah, third party ownership type stuff? Guess it is all banned now.
This id imagine is not technically banned - as they’d be owned by the club, the money was provided by a director - I just suppose he’d have a say at when the player is sold

JimmyHillsbeard

I accept this, but the building of the RA is the catalyst to our downfall - it was his brainchild.

This id imagine is not technically banned - as they’d be owned by the club, the money was provided by a director - I just suppose he’d have a say at when the player is sold

Dublin said that when he signed for Cov, Richardson showed him a model of the sliding roof/sliding pitch arena that we would be moving to “soon”!

Liquid Gold

They're going to move towards the building of the Ricoh and he's going to have a go at the council. All part of this sustained PR assault, while he's not popular with us some who take less of a critical interest might want to hear what he's got to say.

JimmyHillsbeard

Dublin said that when he signed for Cov, Richardson showed him a model of the sliding roof/sliding pitch arena that we would be moving to “soon”!

Of course you’re right. I heard this on a radio programme with Dublin as guest. Maybe Dublin was speaking of his new contract negotiations rather than when he first joined?

Users who are viewing this thread