Brown or Malaga? (1 Viewer)

Steve.B50

Just a quick question?
If you had the make a choice for Robbins, would you either send Brown back or give Malaga a chance?
I understand its fact he cannot grasp any English but taking that out of the equation whats your thoughts?

CovScott88

Obviously MR sees a lot more than we do, but Malaga looked decent in the games he played. Brown, whilst clearly being a talented footballer, just appears a touch too weak for me.
I think his issue is that (this may sound a little odd) he's actually too good a footballer for this level. He wants to get the ball down and play football the right way, when really you generally need tougher, stronger players to just simply defend. If the ball needs to be hoofed clear, then hoof it clear, don't try to play a cute little flick that ends up putting you under pressure. McPake would have been a classic example, and an absolute brute in this league. It's a shame he kept picking up injuries.
Just my opinion anyway.

RichieGunns

Just a quick question?
If you had the make a choice for Robbins, would you either send Brown back or give Malaga a chance?
I understand its fact he cannot grasp any English but taking that out of the equation whats your thoughts?

Browns here till the end of the season so we can't send him back lol

I'd like to see Malaga have his chance but I agree with SW88, I think Willis will get his chance before either Brown or Malaga which im more than happy about.

Willis did well against Arsenal (I think it was Arsenal) and I'd like to see him get more chances.

The only issue with that is having a very young CB pairing which i think is something Robin's wants to stear clear of.

A good pairing of youth and experiences seems to be how he's played so far!

Nick

Administrator
I would say Malaga from what I have seen so far, more of a threat in front of goal too!

dongonzalos

Yes I have to agree with that. He was a real handful at set pieces.

I can only assume Brown's advantage as a utility player. Also the suggestion that the loan cannot be terminated is why it us Malaga. Due to our wealth if centre halves

RichieGunns

Also the suggestion that the loan cannot be terminated is why it us Malaga.

It's not a suggestion...its the truth lol

To do with a certain claus within Browns contract which is required for early termination in January.

If the club didn't think ahead then we're stuck with him until end of the season.

And besides we don't want to screw up our relationship with Man U do we?

J

Jack Griffin

I think you are asking the wrong question, my take is that Malaga was brought in to replace the departing Wood, but Wood wouldn't go.. so it is one or the other. ....

The issue with Brown is that there is no point sending him back as I doubt we are paying any wages for him and he is probably really good at putting the cones out at training.

covcity4life

brown has eben sent back!.........for treatment

but hopefully hell be ok,in the mean time maybe malaga should get a shot if edge hasnt fully recovered from hip injury.

Users who are viewing this thread