Godden 5
Saka 7

Subs
Torp 7
Simms 7
Wright 6
Lati 6

AngryAnt

Yeah bringing him on meant we sat back with near enough 3 centre backs.

I noticed that too, we were basically back to a back 5 for most of the game. The only reason I think MR did that was because he didn't want to throw Torp on for 80+ minutes after Sheff Wed.

Felt Collins had a bit of a stinker with his kicking most of the game (although a great save at the end as everyone has said), but was also put under alot of pressure for no reason, coupled with Eccles trying to emulate Stephen Hughes with the constant passing to the back for most of the game and it was a bad night all round apart from that bullet of a shot from Kitchings.

stevefloyd

I think Robins felt he had no choice because he has already said that Torp isn't quite up to fill fitness and doesn't quite understand how we play as yet so his only choices were Lati or Allen

Hobo

Collins 6
MVE 7
Thomas 7
Kitching 6
Bidwell 6
Sheaf N/A
Eccles 5
Palmer 6
COH 7
Godden 5
Saka 7

Subs
Torp 6
Simms 7
Wright 6
Lati 6

Hobo

I think Torp is going to be a good acquisition. Wants to get on the ball but a little over enthusiastic at times when the pass isn't really on. On occasions thinks he has more time than he actually has and getting caught. But we know it will take time to get used to playing at this level. But already showing enough to suggest he is capable of making the step up.[/QUOTE]

Londonccfcfan

Brilliant one in the first half. The one he put in for Simms in the second was also great. Defender did well to flick it away.
There were some great balls in to the box yesterday..Best I seen from MVE when it came to crosses. Just no one was willing to gamble. Its not just about the lone striker others need to bust a gut to get into the box when Sakas or MVE are in those positions to get on end of as you know the delivery is coming.

thekidfromstrettoncamp

My issue with Collins it when he recieves the ball and Bristol were defending on the centre circle O'Hare was wanting the ball over the top and he was just dithering waiting for our defenders to get in place to roll it out to them.His kicking wasn't very good last night.That save redeemed him.

Macca1987

I think Collins had his worst game for us last night, the save at the end made up for a lot of it, however his dithering on the ball and some of the kicks out in the second half were very poor. I think the high press and speedy runs on our back four made for a lot of rushed passes or kicks to no-one. We were back to very slow build up in the second half, whether that be from Collins always playing it out to defenders (point to note, we had our two strikers on at the end, at least vary things and launch the ball up to them one or two times, takes the pressure off the back four) or the defenders and defensive midfielders always turning back rather than going forward and passing backwards. Lost a lot of the forward momentum as soon as Sheaf got injured, don't know what the choice is as Eccles and Lati tend to look for a back pass rather than moving it forward quickly

wingy

Yeah, too many of our better players just weren’t quite on it today
Subdued , like the crowd, poor showing in this respect,we create the atmosphere and for me it wasn't there to facilitate a game of excitement.

Last edited:

wingy

Not having Collins, from rhe North end his distribution and refusal to catch a simple shot straight at him?

Gibbo

Birdie: Kitching, Saka; Collins (the poor distribution was often because of the position he was placed in and the instructions he is under) The save prevented a defeat.

Par: MvE, Thomas, Bidwell, Palmer, O'Hare

Bogey: Lati & Eccles. The midfield went awol for 45 minutes. What on earth makes some on here think Lati could become a holding midfielder

Double bogey: Godden

I thought Palmer actually played quite well, he was the only one at least trying to make something happen. Trouble was it never seemed to come off

Subs: Simms was good, put himself about and in good positions. Wright seemed a bit tentative but at least brought some control on the left, Thorp scrapped well and showed good close control.

Legia Sky Blue

I think Robins felt he had no choice because he has already said that Torp isn't quite up to fill fitness and doesn't quite understand how we play as yet so his only choices were Lati or Allen

I agree with you as this being why Torp wasn't brought on at that point. Bringing on Allen instead of Lati would have shown more positive intent, and is what I felt MR should have done, given we were at home and trying to play on the front foot. If we had been away to Southampton or Leeds and likely to have to fight it out more, then bringing on Lati would have made a little more sense to me.

wingy

Dunno about that, the corner was doing plenty for the first 15-20 mins. When a game's that dull, there's a limit.
Yep more the ground generally.Those triangle's down the right hand side resulting in Sakamoto's goal were sublime, their goalie seemed their weak link for me!

Users who are viewing this thread