Bristol vs Watford; Donny vs Millwall; Leeds vs Forest; Pompey vs Brum (1 Viewer)

wingy

If Barnsley had maybe 5-7 less points I would have them as near certs for the drop. As it is they probably only need 3 more points to be safe.
Yeah i feel its 46-7 required this season ,we need top home form and a win tommorow to set us up for Saturday, have had the feeling for a couple of months now that the Southampton game is going to be pivitol and that like many a season we will prevail on the last day ,will need to get you're ticket for that one early as they will be partying and restrict away numbers.

rob9872

What a shit night for us! Got to win tomorrow. Let's hope we're involved in a 7-3 thriller. Although knowing our luck, we'd get the 3

We're generally lucky to get nil away from home let alone 3!

Are the results really that bad for us? It was nice that we had Forest and Millwall to hang onto nad believe there were more chances, but realistically I think its 3 from 4 and I would rather Doncaster and Bristol City lost than Forest. We now have a game in hand which means if we can get a point tomorrow, then a win against Bristol would see us overhaul them and be the other side of the line for the first time in months. It actually puts it back into our own hands.

Macca

We're generally lucky to get nil away from home let alone 3!

Are the results really that bad for us? It was nice that we had Forest and Millwall to hang onto nad believe there were more chances, but realistically I think its 3 from 4 and I would rather Doncaster and Bristol City lost than Forest. We now have a game in hand which means if we can get a point tomorrow, then a win against Bristol would see us overhaul them and be the other side of the line for the first time in months. It actually puts it back into our own hands.

Nad, chuckle

covcity4life

oh yeh overall we cant grumble too much with today

forest will be clear now in my honest opinion

donny/bristol losing was great

BUT pompey winning is a big blow,they are right back in the thick of things now and had to come off a victory going into cov game didnt they?!

STILL we have to show some fight to stay up so lets match pompey on saturday in terms of wanting it!

0-0 tommrow and ill be buzzing,saturday will be the biggest game i have gone too since prem days possibly,we cannot lose...we jsut cannot afford to lose.

we can do this!

Macca

For all the talk though of other results we need to demonstrate why we deserve to stay up. And that means winning some games of our own including some that on paper we arent expected to

Astute

1 point against Cardiff would mean we could be out of the bottom 3 saturday night. We also have the easiest run in IMHO

Otis

If it's 46 or 47 points to surivive then we are gonners for sure in my opinion. I don't think it will be myself. It will be around 42-43 I feel. It needs to be too for us to have any chance whatsoever.

16 points in just 9 games is just beyond us. That's 5 wins and a draw, or 4 wins and 4 draws! :eek: 4 wins and 4 draws out of 9 games? That would mean us only being able to suffer 1 single defeat. That simply is not going to happen. We are Coventry City NOT Southampton.

42-43. It has to be to give us a glimmer of a chance.

Mary_Mungo_Midge

I agree Otis, 42 to 43 points. If you look at where Bristol are, given their season-long form, recent form and remaining fixtures; everything points towards that level. Ditto Doncaster. It looks like it'll be really, really tight; and as such, our better goal-difference could be critical.

As such, I see us needing 12 points from 9 games, with 4 of these being at home. Three wins, three draws and three losses may well, therefore see us safe

Mary_Mungo_Midge

Yeah I know young Otis. Not pretty are they? We really could do with beating Pompey at the weekend. Firstly for the obvious points haul for us, but also to take away and momentum last night's result may have given them

Macca

To be honest I'll reserve my excitement until we see results on the pitch from US.

Then I can look at what others are doing

I agree Otis, 42 to 43 points. If you look at where Bristol are, given their season-long form, recent form and remaining fixtures; everything points towards that level. Ditto Doncaster. It looks like it'll be really, really tight; and as such, our better goal-difference could be critical.

As such, I see us needing 12 points from 9 games, with 4 of these being at home. Three wins, three draws and three losses may well, therefore see us safe

Agreed, but that form flies in the face of anything we have done this season....either over the whole season, in the last 10 games, or even the last 5.

We need to start scoring goals for starters.....and that's where I think we'll let ourselves down.

torchomatic

Last nights results were a freak. Chances are they will never happen again. Most importantly Donny and Bristol City lost. If Forest are now more or less safe then so be it. We know what we have to do. As for Portsmouth. Again, another freak result. Doesn't mean to say they will storm to safety.

skybluelee

I think last night went well for us. Not too concerned about Pompey winning, sounds like everything went for them on the night, just one of those games. Bristol don't seem to be able to buy a point, Doncaster seemed to have stalled since beating Forest. As Otis says both have a tough run in. I think its between us and Pompey for the last safe spot which is why Saturday is just MASSIVE.

Macca

You know I really can't into this until we start to win again ourselves.

We seem to be in a cycle where we lose/draw but thanks to others inabilty to pull clear we then have another thread on how we can stay up. How next week is the biggest game ever etc.

Everyone talks about other teams "freakish" results. They are results none the less. If we would have beaten Blues 3-1 no one would have called it a freak else we would have had comments like "can't you just be happy for once, we deserved it, a win is a win.

As LBB said on another thread somewhere the recipie for staying up flies in the face of everything that has happened this year. I need to see that we can get out of this through our own results.

Give me 4 pts from the next 2 games and I will believe as much as anyone else. Less than 3 and I'm afraid the predictions for safety will become even more tenuous.

I see there being 1 survivor from us, Doncaster, Bristol and Pompey. We know what we have to do.

Macca

I think last night went well for us. Not too concerned about Pompey winning, sounds like everything went for them on the night, just one of those games. Bristol don't seem to be able to buy a point, Doncaster seemed to have stalled since beating Forest. As Otis says both have a tough run in. I think its between us and Pompey for the last safe spot which is why Saturday is just MASSIVE.

And Bristol who are 4 points clear of us as we sit here

WFC4EVER

Glad we helped you out last night.

Well actually you can thank David James I think!

From what our fans and Sean Dyche have said it seems we actually weren't much better than on Saturday but didn't need to be.

Grendel

You know I really can't into this until we start to win again ourselves.

We seem to be in a cycle where we lose/draw but thanks to others inabilty to pull clear we then have another thread on how we can stay up. How next week is the biggest game ever etc.

Everyone talks about other teams "freakish" results. They are results none the less. If we would have beaten Blues 3-1 no one would have called it a freak else we would have had comments like "can't you just be happy for once, we deserved it, a win is a win.

As LBB said on another thread somewhere the recipie for staying up flies in the face of everything that has happened this year. I need to see that we can get out of this through our own results.

Give me 4 pts from the next 2 games and I will believe as much as anyone else. Less than 3 and I'm afraid the predictions for safety will become even more tenuous.

I see there being 1 survivor from us, Doncaster, Bristol and Pompey. We know what we have to do.

Agreed. Saying we only need 4 wins is easy if you say it quickly. Fact is we have won 2 of our last 10 and 2 of the last 5 at home. Yet many think we will win all our remaining home game.s and at least an away game. Very unlikely. Our only chance is beat Bristol and then hope that they, Doncaster and Portsmouth continue to be as bad as we are. I have to say though even if we do limp home so what? How will we improve next year. Best players will go anyway and another miserable season will ensue.

ccfcway

I have to say though even if we do limp home so what? How will we improve next year. Best players will go anyway and another miserable season will ensue.

BINGO

the exact reason why I am no-where near as bothered as i should / want to be.

Whatever happens, a lack of investment or a lack of caring from the owners means its just another sh1t season to endure. they have done nothing at all to suggest that next season would be any different, even the lies have now stopped. you only hear from them when someone else leaves the baordroom,

Whats fisher up to now ?, still helping with transfers ?

torchomatic

Thank god not everyone gives up as easily as you.

BINGO

the exact reason why I am no-where near as bothered as i should / want to be.

Whatever happens, a lack of investment or a lack of caring from the owners means its just another sh1t season to endure. they have done nothing at all to suggest that next season would be any different, even the lies have now stopped. you only hear from them when someone else leaves the baordroom,

Whats fisher up to now ?, still helping with transfers ?

Brighton Sky Blue

Duffy, who's to say our prospects in L1 are much better? Championship status ensures more revenue from a variety of sources and should maintain a higher standard of football. Factor in FFP hopefully levelling the playing field and our prospects are a teeny bit brighter.

Otis

I think it is vital we stay in this division as it could be the difference between any takeover happening or not.

coundonskyblue

Am I the only one who thinks FFP isn't going to make the slightest little difference? Dodgy owners will always find a way around these sorts of things.

Also don't they already have it in Division 2? Doesn't seem to have done Port Vale much good.

Paxman II

Oddly Otis I sense we would be a better prospect in league 1. We would not struggle as much there and I truly believe most players apart from a few will stay. The young guns we have will be very good in that league and I think we will be up there and that is better than a terrible season again in the championship. The investment needed in player recruitment would be less and a successful campaign would also see attendances rise not fall. the atmosphere would improve and while a slight gamble I think we could do a Norwich. I'd certainly look at League 1 as an opportunity. Under league rules we would be better off financially from the squad viewpoint and we would be stronger than most down there wouldn't we for goodness sake?

SkyBlue_Bear83

Agreed. Saying we only need 4 wins is easy if you say it quickly. Fact is we have won 2 of our last 10 and 2 of the last 5 at home. Yet many think we will win all our remaining home game.s and at least an away game. Very unlikely. Our only chance is beat Bristol and then hope that they, Doncaster and Portsmouth continue to be as bad as we are. I have to say though even if we do limp home so what? How will we improve next year. Best players will go anyway and another miserable season will ensue.
We are just coming through the back end of a run of difficult fixtures so the fact we didn't win many is not surprising, the next 9 games look easier than the last 9.

It is a tough ask but with the right attitude and commitment it is doable, the way other sides are playing if we could win our remaining H fixtures a draw at Bristol would probably give us a decent chance of beating the drop.

I don't draw hope that we can beat the drop because we are playing fantastic football or in blistering form because we are not. I get the hope from the fact we have some very winnable fixtures between now and the end of the season and the teams around us are also in awful form and imo have harder run ins.

I agree if nothing changed higher up we would be in for a worse situation next year as the squad would just get weaker. We need a change of ownership to move forward regardless of the league next season.

Paxman II

I think we have to forget Forest and Millwall.

Frankly regardless of last night Pompey are weak squad wise and I can't see them doing enough. Donny also and a 0-3 at home shows they have little to offer the fight.

I think we are better than Bristol don't you? So if we go down then we deserve it.

Otis

Oddly Otis I sense we would be a better prospect in league 1. We would not struggle as much there and I truly believe most players apart from a few will stay. The young guns we have will be very good in that league and I think we will be up there and that is better than a terrible season again in the championship. The investment needed in player recruitment would be less and a successful campaign would also see attendances rise not fall. the atmosphere would improve and while a slight gamble I think we could do a Norwich. I'd certainly look at League 1 as an opportunity. Under league rules we would be better off financially from the squad viewpoint and we would be stronger than most down there wouldn't we for goodness sake?

I agree, but disagree! :D What you are saying is correct, but what i mean is whether or not the takeover would actually take place if we go down. There have been rumours that if we go down the investors will not be interested.

torchomatic

So Otis, are you saying that Hoffman only ''loves'' a Championship CCFC? ;)

Otis

Not Hoffman, his investors.

Been hints that they may pull out if we go down. Not sure whether that is just idle gossip though.

Users who are viewing this thread