Match Thread Bristol Rovers Match Thread (1 Viewer)

better days

Allen was signed for a fee too & was one of Burton's best players so was quite a coup. Marosi also turned down a new deal with Donny to join us.

There's no doubt Robins has been backed this year considering we're still losing money hand over fist.

I think he'll be looking for 2 promises from Joy:
1) We'll be back in Coventry sooner than later.
2) They will allow him to invest again in the summer given our success this year. Even more so if we earn promotion as we'll need to spend to survive.

If you read the way MR talks of Joy it sounds like a very respectful relationship.
If MR achieves promotion it's likely he'll be backed and ambitious plans will follow
If we miss out things might not be so positive
He's almost certainly got a clause in his contract that rewards him if we make it

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

So he's been lied to? What about? Can you hear more in his voice?

I've already said he hasn't been lied to!

If you listen to Mark Robins interviews every week you can hear the difference before the sale and after the sale of Sam McCallum.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

What about his body language?

giphy.gif

shmmeee

I see no one has answered what would make you trust joy Seppalla ?

For me it’d be some honesty over intentions. Are we actually building a ground? Do we want the Ricoh? Are we willing to lose out on the pitch for the chance of improving off it through the courts? Is the courts stuff anything to do with CCFC and if not how do we resolve the tension between what the club needs and the owners want?

It’s the playing the innocent and word play tricks that erodes confidence and trust in the owners. “Oh this isn’t court action it’s blah blah blah” “oh we aren’t suing Wasps so everything’s OK”. It’s just disingenuous. Saying we don’t want the Ricoh but risking losing money and our best ever manager for what? Justice? The chance to get a ground we say we don’t want on the cheap? Just be honest and say “I want to go through the courts even if it costs the club in the short term, I believe it’ll work because X Y Z and if it fails our plans are A B C”. It feels like she wants to take people for fools and not expect any backlash TBH.

So many unanswered questions six years into this.

Id just like actions to match words really.

Users who are viewing this thread