Bristol now has to be our best chance (1 Viewer)

Otis

Think that is quite obvious anyway, but in terms of fixtures they have too. They have a tough run in.

Middlesborough away

Derby home

Forest away

City home

Birmingham away

West Ham home

Barnsley home

Burnley away

Some very hard fixtures there with Brum, Hull, Middlesborough and West Ham to come.

Pompey's win last night makes it all the more important that we beat them on Saturday. We can't afford for another team below us to pick up form now.

Otis

Big worry now that Pompey have renewed belief after last night, when a win for Brum would have all but condemned them.

I was saying last night, it's bloody typical that they haven't won since January and somehow bag a win days before our match.

WillieStanley

Last nights results have certainly made things more interesting. Bristol are our Obi-Wan Kenobi.

I seriously think we can do it!

skybluesam66

porsmouth and doncaster at home - bristol away . We shall need a minimum of 7 points from those 3

They will all be thinking the same

I think bristol city will go, but it will be close between the other 3 as to who catches them

in the last 8 games
b city have 5 points
doncaster 7
us 9
portsmouth 5

if that carries on, we should just about get there. I think all will improve however as shown last night, and believe we will need probably 13-14 more points to stay up

skybluesam66

also Doncaster next 4 (max 4 points)

southampton A
Palace A
Birmingham H
Leicester A

Portsomouth (excluding our game max 4 points)

city A
Hull H
Burnley H
Southampton A

Bristol C next 3 (Max 3 points)

middlesboro A
derby H
forest A

we need to get at least 6 points before we play bristol including a win against portsomouth

I think tonight is massive therefore and a point followed by a win on saturday - I would start to believe
A hammering tonight and a draw or defeat on saturday and thats all over

@richh87

Bloody cheating Portsmouth with their players we couldn't dream of affording.

I can't see us finishing above Pompey, and I think that means relegation.

ccfcway

Thorn quoted in telegraph today saying

"hopefully we can nick a goal tonight"

hmmm,

wonder if forest were set up like that last night when they let in 3 v leeeds

we have to get about teams away, noyt set ourselves up to lose by the odd goal, but hope to nick something

torchomatic

Ha! Is this coming from someone who has us down to lose every time we play?! :thinking about:

Thorn quoted in telegraph today saying

"hopefully we can nick a goal tonight"

hmmm,

wonder if forest were set up like that last night when they let in 3 v leeeds

we have to get about teams away, noyt set ourselves up to lose by the odd goal, but hope to nick something

Otis

It's not very optimistic though is it.

He should be talking about our being positive about our chances rather than us nicking a goal. That just sounds like he is hoping we hang on for grim death and nick a goal totally against the run of play.

Sometimes i wish he wouldn't say anything. He's just not a good orator. Hopefully he didn't mean that, cos if he did that doesn't instil me with much hope at all and I can't think that is going to do anything in terms of motivational techniques for the players either.

porsmouth and doncaster at home - bristol away . We shall need a minimum of 7 points from those 3

They will all be thinking the same

I think bristol city will go, but it will be close between the other 3 as to who catches them

in the last 8 games
b city have 5 points
doncaster 7
us 9
portsmouth 5

if that carries on, we should just about get there. I think all will improve however as shown last night, and believe we will need probably 13-14 more points to stay up

I was also thinking that Bristol would be one to go down. It's surely going to go down to the last few or even the final day to see who will be going down.

torchomatic

Christ! He's probably been reading this forum! If so, he probably thinks himself we're down already.

Let's be honest, whatever he says there will be fans picking over every word and criticizing either what he does say or what he doesn't.

It's not very optimistic though is it.

He should be talking about our being positive about our chances rather than us nicking a goal. That just sounds like he is hoping we hang on for grim death and nick a goal totally against the run of play.

Sometimes i wish he wouldn't say anything. He's just not a good orator. Hopefully he didn't mean that, cos if he did that doesn't instil me with much hope at all and I can't think that is going to do anything in terms of motivational techniques for the players either.

Skybluestu

Based on our run in and Bristol city's we have a good chance, but ONLY if we beat Pompey. If they turn us over at the weekend it leaves us chasing two sides with 8 to play... That's a big ask.

Otis

Christ! He's probably been reading this forum! If so, he probably thinks himself we're down already.

Let's be honest, whatever he says there will be fans picking over every word and criticizing either what he does say or what he doesn't.

We don't pick over every word. Only when he says something odd or ill-advised.

Him talking about 'nicking a goal' almost suggests he expects us to lose. Not what you want from a manager. As I said, I hope there was more to it and that's not what he meant.

stupot07

What a load of tosh, talk about taking a quote completely out of context. The whole quote was: -

“I think we were very solid and held a good shape throughout at Watford,” he said, “but we are looking for wins rather than draws at the minute.

“It’s always a hard game at Cardiff.

"We gave them a good game at the Ricoh, to be fair, and we have got to take Saturday’s clean sheet into the game and try to get another and hopefully nick a goal.

“I am sure we can get that away win we’re looking for."

"We had chances on Saturday and we’re just waiting for someone to stick it in.

"Cody McDonald got into some good positions and I am sure if he does the same against Cardiff he’ll put one away.”

Not quite as negative as taking "hopefully nick a goal" in isolation.

Last edited:

Otis

Well this is what I alluded to. Words can sound much worse out of context and i did say i hoped that he hadn't just said that one little soundbite.

I am heartened by his saying "I am sure we can get that away win we are looking for." Not sure I quite agree with him, but he has to believe it as our manager. I hope he's right.

ccfcway

not out of context at all,

he is setting up to get a 0-0 and hopefully nick a goal ?

is that not correct ?

torch, the reason i have us down to lose every away game is exactly that !!

he doesnt set up like this at home, which has given us a result or two

one goal from cardiff and the plan is out the window....unless its old trafford, we shouldnt be setting up to nick a goal, get at them !!

torchomatic

And you've criticized him in the past for being too confident and saying "I reckon we will win on Saturday". Like I said, people criticizing whatever he says.

Him talking about 'nicking a goal' almost suggests he expects us to lose. Not what you want from a manager. As I said, I hope there was more to it and that's not what he meant.

Users who are viewing this thread