Bristol city predictions (1 Viewer)

skybluepm2

0-4. They always tonk us at the Ricoh plus it looks like he's going to tinker the useless 5-3-2 to an experimental 3-4-3 because it worked in the under 21's. I wonder how many defeats and poor performances before he tinkers again. We are also down to the bare bones. Missing Nouble and Reda massively! Perhaps Barton will be given his 1st chance this season... Would love to be wrong about the scoreline but can't see anything other than a defeat :(

Sky Blue Harry H

I'm not counting this as a proper game - they're top, and we're hamstrung without the big men, plus other injuries. If we get owt from this game it'll be a minor miracle/fantastic performance. Those who have lumped on Bristol, should all club together and buy the other half of The Ricoh - and if tim Fisher had anay sense (I know it's illegal), he should be getting Joy to steer all funds at an away win - they could then build their bloody stadium/ invest in the squad (and we could then enjoy the rest of the season) :(:)

chiefdave

Would like to be optimistic but I fear we are going to get a hammering from someone soon and it could be coming this weekend. If they get one or two early goals we all know we aren't going to mount a comeback, wouldn't be surprised if they put 4 or 5 past us to be honest.

Maybe we're in for a shock and we'll play a different system and sneak in win as they're prepared for us playing differently!

Gazolba

Call me insane, but I'm going for a 2-1 win. Their unbeaten record is due to end and it might as well be by us.

Otis

If I was Pressley I would pull a bit of a flanker. Today I would be bigging up 3-5-2 and be saying we are sticking with it come hell or high water and insisting it will work, but would then deploy a completely different system tomorrow to try and catch Bristol unawares.

By the time they had it sussed we could be a couple of goals to the good. :whistle:

I do think though that at times you do need to try and catch a team on the hop. If you keep things static and predictable, then the opposition can really work on combatting that system and tactical talks become easier because you know exactly what you're going to get. Especially in a system that isn't working at any given time.

I think you need to be a bit savvy and change things around dependant on the opposition.

Pressley won't do this though I don't think.

Evo1883

Read in the CET , that he is willing to tweek the system . They mentioned the under 21 winning whilst playing a 343 , what do people think he will start with if this is the formation

Gazolba

I think you need to be a bit savvy and change things around dependent on the opposition.

Spot on. Every team watches tapes of previous games and susses out a sides strengths and weaknesses. It definitely pays to be flexible and not give away your plan before a game. Every team should have at least two systems they can play.

Sadly, i cant see anything other than a convincing victory for Bristol City if we continue with the 5-3-2, but Pressley is thinking about switching to a 3-4-3. Not sure how it will work, but the U21's used it at QPR and won 2-1. With 5-3-2, i'd go for a 3-0 BC win. With the new formation, its anyone's gues

PERLEEZE.................. it is 3-5-2 NOT 5-3-2 how many more times ??

Mr T - Sukka!

Bristol City 4 Coventry City 0.

But Pressley will say we played well and didn't win our 1 on 1 battles. And we deserved something from the game. And was pleased with aspects of our play.

Users who are viewing this thread