Bristol city lining up pressley (1 Viewer)

Swanny80

From a friend who's Bristol based. With all the troubles here they believe they can tempt him away!

Covlad65

If SP is as good as his word and I believe he is, then he isn't going anywhere as he wants to finish what he has started here and help us get to where we need to be, want to be, and should be....The Championship!

swisstony

Haven't we been here before with a bloke called Mark that bled sky blue.......
Mind you who would want to work for a company like Sisu ??

ajsccfc

The situation and circumstances don't appear to have changed since Pressley joined (the move was already mooted) and he's doing remarkably well. I don't see there being any real crisis for a suitor to take advantage of.

dongonzalos

Unfortunately
SISU decision to take us to Sixfields.
Looks from the outside to the Layman like we are a broken club there for the taking.
Hence how quickly Robins was snapped up.
When a manager achieves a bit of success with us.
It looks like he is some sort of prodigal genius.

Yet we actually have quite a gods first 11 as we did last season.

Which is why Robins has not got Huddersfield top of the league.

hill83

I've heard Holloway is going to Bristol City. In fact, put a bet on it.

bigfatronssba

ajsccfc

The club has no money, no ground and no fans attending their "home" matches - I shudder to think what your definition of crisis would be. :)

It's shit certainly, but it's the shit Pressley knew about already. People said that Robins was lied to or whatever to justify him swanning off, I don't think that applies to Pressley yet, unless we starting offloading players.

Hobo

If you were Bristol City you would prefer Holloway to Pressley as he has achieved more.

Pressley has been quite cute coming here. Knows the club, the potential, we can't get much worse....if he fails there is a ready made excuse.

Most managers like to take over something with room for improvement, it makes you look good.

If you take over Man Utd unless you keep winning you are a failure....how long have you to keep winning to sink Fergusons ghost.

I'm glad we have Pressley, I hope he give us stability we need and brings steady progress. A desire to change the culture at the club. The bomb squad. All sold it for me. All great managers make tough decisions. Ferguson sold Whiteside, McGrath, Sharpe....they were Man United at the time and the fans heroes, but Fergie knew without a culture change Man U would never be the top dog.

SkyblueBazza

From a friend who's Bristol based. With all the troubles here they believe they can tempt him away!

Lots of Coventry fans were interested in Jose Mourinho coming to manage us...but he went to Chelsea. Who is this "friend"? Unless they are involved at the top level (board as in) I'd take it with a pinch of salt.
Why go from one stricken club to another? From 31pts team to 15pts? Mid table to relegation zone? +5 GD to -5 GD? I'm sure there would be the odd thing in their favour...but to me it is a non-starter.

stupot07

Lots of Coventry fans were interested in Jose Mourinho coming to manage us...but he went to Chelsea. Who is this "friend"? Unless they are involved at the top level (board as in) I'd take it with a pinch of salt.
Why go from one stricken club to another? From 31pts team to 15pts? Mid table to relegation zone? +5 GD to -5 GD? I'm sure there would be the odd thing in their favour...but to me it is a non-starter.

Agree bazza, Bristol City are in a huge mess financially too. Pressley will stay, he's building something here and he knows it will take time. We were always a stepping stone for robins.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Gint11

I dont think SP will be tempted by a potential role at Bristol City, what would be the point? They are below us, struggling financially and he has started something potentially special here. How much more money can they offer him realistically?

:jerkit:I have three friends in Bristol who know nothing about them wanting SP. So on the basis of that its fair to say the balance of evidence is that they are not interested:(:eek::jerkit:

hill83

I dont think SP will be tempted by a potential role at Bristol City, what would be the point? They are below us, struggling financially and he has started something potentially special here. How much more money can they offer him realistically?

I completely forgot they were in our division. I assumed they were still in the Championship.

Ashdown1

If you were Bristol City you would prefer Holloway to Pressley as he has achieved more.

Pressley has been quite cute coming here. Knows the club, the potential, we can't get much worse....if he fails there is a ready made excuse.

Most managers like to take over something with room for improvement, it makes you look good.

If you take over Man Utd unless you keep winning you are a failure....how long have you to keep winning to sink Fergusons ghost.

I'm glad we have Pressley, I hope he give us stability we need and brings steady progress. A desire to change the culture at the club. The bomb squad. All sold it for me. All great managers make tough decisions. Ferguson sold Whiteside, McGrath, Sharpe....they were Man United at the time and the fans heroes, but Fergie knew without a culture change Man U would never be the top dog.

Holloway has a strong affinity to Rovers so that's a no no ! Pressley won't go there either, it's hardly a career move !

RoboCCFC90

I've heard Holloway is going to Bristol City. In fact, put a bet on it.

Holloway is a gas head he won't go there.

James Smith

With the greatest of respect to Bristol City fans their owners can bugger off and leave our man alone.

RoboCCFC90

With respect to Bristol City they need to be looking for the right type of manager, a manager with the knowledge, a man motivator and a master tactician which leads me to think that there is only one man that should be considered for the job a bloke they should put all their effort to sign...

Andy Thorn

You heard it here first!

ccfcway

With respect to Bristol City they need to be looking for the right type of manager, a manager with the knowledge, a man motivator and a master tactician which leads me to think that there is only one man that should be considered for the job a bloke they should put all their effort to sign...

Andy Thorn

You heard it here first!

Mick Quinn tweeted yestetday that Andy Thorn has applied for Portsmouth job

RoboCCFC90

skybluefred

I'am not Andy Thorns biggest fan but in fairness to him what chance did he have.Transfer embargo's in
close season and beyond,no money to bring players in and a begging bowl in the loan market.

He was a good scout though.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
If SP is as good as his word and I believe he is, then he isn't going anywhere as he wants to finish what he has started here and help us get to where we need to be, want to be, and should be....The Championship!

Don't aim so low! .................. The bloody PREMIERSHIP! 34 years of great memories lost.

Users who are viewing this thread