Bristol City (H) (3 Viewers)

Liquid Gold

I am happy with the setup today but it's annoying that we've gone to a back four 3 days after the last game which we had 2 weeks to prepare for and decided to go for the same system that hasn't worked all season. It looks likes desperation.

If it works I will not give two shits what it looks like though.

shmmeee

Well we’ve got the 442 people were screaming for. Not convinced myself. Basically the same mess of a midfield as before but with two up front and four at the back. No Hyam or Rose I guess means you have to play this but looks very thrown together, no width, little attacking intent outside the front three, let’s hope it works out.

Not sure why marosi is back in the team tbh, he’s made too many mistakes this season. Wilson is the better keeper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Evo1883

Well we’ve got the 442 people were screaming for. Not convinced myself. Basically the same mess of a midfield as before but with two up front and four at the back. No Hyam or Rose I guess means you have to play this but looks very thrown together, no width, little attacking intent outside the front three, let’s hope it works out.
That's not a 442 surely ?

Jamesimus

According to SBT Eccles is a wing back, centre back, defensive midfielder and a box to box midfielder...

Not sure why marosi is back in the team tbh, he’s made too many mistakes this season. Wilson is the better keeper.

What?! Marosi made one mistake against QPR, but also, he prevented the score from being about 10-0.

Wilson has also made lots of mistakes this season.

Perhaps Eccles is in goal and Marosi is starting in midfield anyway.

Great_Expectations

Completely didn’t register there was a game today and I’m stuck at the in laws for Easter Monday lunch. Sneakily watching on my phone it is!

Happy enough with the team, although I’d still like to see Pask in his favoured position. Pleased to see Eccles in there.

Everyone wanted to see Godden and Walker together, so they have their wish. I know they’ve played together before but they both seem fairly similar players so I’m interested to see how it’ll work.

Jury is out on Walker thus far - potential is definitely there, but he doesn’t always find it and isn’t consistent enough yet.

Hoping our strongest two strikers pay off today, if they both find their form and COH is on it behind them (as he almost always is), I’m optimistic about today.

Speedies_Chips

No he’s not, after da Costa’s poor performance there though Robins wants to change things up. My guess is he asked hamer to play and he said no so Eccles is there

I don't think a managers selection policy involves asking a player if he doesnt mind playing a particular position or not. If Robins wanted Hamer to play RWB, he tells him that is what he will be doing!

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

I would like to think having the two central defenders as they are, we have a bit of grit and determination, absent of the main liabilities.

I would like to think, being the optimum words there.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Robins going for shit or bust.

I don't think a managers selection policy involves asking a player if he doesnt mind playing a particular position or not. If Robins wanted Hamer to play RWB, he tells him that is what he will be doing!

Hamer is one of our best (if not the best) attacking players, pretty sure he wouldn’t be happy being asked to play RWB

Philosorapter

Is this the first outing for the Godden/Walker partnership?

Users who are viewing this thread