Bristol City (H) (2 Viewers)

Winny the Bish

Give me change or give me death:

Marosi
Hamer - Osti - McFadz - Pask - McCallum
Eccles - Kelly - O'Hare
Walker - Gyokeres

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Thank god Fadz is back a bit of steel and Kelly has to come back too but also perform,,,,,Pask to come in for DaCosta maybe MR wil pick my side as opposed to waiting to change it to my team after 60 minutes this game! :rolleyes:

Marosi

Osti Fadz Hyam

Pask Kelly James McCallum

O'Hare

Gyo Walker

Subs: Wilson, DaCosta, Rose, Eccles, Hamer, Allen, Baka, Biamou, Godden

The Kelly/James thing doesn't seem to work. Kelly seems to have more influence n those around him so play him.Either Hamer next to him (has been poor recently) or I'd be tempted with Eccles as he'd have the best person next to him to lead him through the game.

Evo1883

OK I've had a shit nights sleep but I've relaxed a bit .

We have to be braver don't we ?

If we are to go down then atleast it has to be done whilst having a go yes .

So I'm hoping Monday we approach the game similar to Brentford by pressing high and constant ..getting forward fast and at this stage we have to take our chances.

Brighton Sky Blue

OK I've had a shit nights sleep but I've relaxed a bit .

We have to be braver don't we ?

If we are to go down then atleast it has to be done whilst having a go yes .

So I'm hoping Monday we approach the game similar to Brentford by pressing high and constant ..getting forward fast and at this stage we have to take our chances.

Has to be the approach every game until the end. We play conservatively we get thumped

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Can't believe people are calling for Kelly, he's been dire since his return from injury and questionable before that at this level. James isn’t setting the world alight but he’s at least on the same mental level as the likes of O’Hare and Hamer.

For me Walker has to start, probably with Györkeres and bring Godden or even Max if he’s fit on if needed. O’Hare has to start too, whether that’s Györkeres slightly deeper or two up I don’t think matters too much.

Dacosta was a liability and with McFadz back I’d move Pask out there. Got to keep Maroši in despite his fuck up, he still kept it below a cricket score. Just fucking go for it. It we lose we lose but have some fucking balls.

Maroši
Østigård McFadz Hyam
Pask Hamer James McCallum
O’Hare
Walker Györkeres

S: Wilson, Dacosta, Reid, Eccles, Kelly, Allen, Bapaga, Godden, Baka/Max

Difference is Kelly seems to be able to get performances out of those around him, James doesn't. James doesn't have that leadership and when the players heads start to go down nothing is happening to get them out of it.

skybluesam66

Must win both this and the Rotherham game
Last time we got relegated from this league it was the loss at Bristol that was the real nail in the coffin on Easter weekend

clint van damme

Has to be the approach every game until the end. We play conservatively we get thumped

He has to play 2 up front now, Godden got nothing yesterday, but as I've said many times, 2 up top can still be isolated (they often have been for us this season) so
we have to support them.

Happy togo back to a more negative set up the game after against Bournemouth.

Sick Boy

Can't believe people are calling for Kelly, he's been dire since his return from injury and questionable before that at this level. James isn’t setting the world alight but he’s at least on the same mental level as the likes of O’Hare and Hamer.

For me Walker has to start, probably with Györkeres and bring Godden or even Max if he’s fit on if needed. O’Hare has to start too, whether that’s Györkeres slightly deeper or two up I don’t think matters too much.

Dacosta was a liability and with McFadz back I’d move Pask out there. Got to keep Maroši in despite his fuck up, he still kept it below a cricket score. Just fucking go for it. It we lose we lose but have some fucking balls.

Maroši
Østigård McFadz Hyam
O’Hare
Walker Györkeres

yeah the worst part of it is that the whole team is meek and we seem to have no one with a bit of passion or fight in them.

SBAndy

Since returning from injury, how many times has Kelly started played without James also in the midfield? I know this was the case against Brentford and he was excellent, but beyond that I’m unsure (and cba to check). Could this be why he’s looked worse than usual?

cov donkey kick

The Kelly/James thing doesn't seem to work. Kelly seems to have more influence n those around him so play him.Either Hamer next to him (has been poor recently) or I'd be tempted with Eccles as he'd have the best person next to him to lead him through the game.
Like that side with maybe Eccles for James ,as I think Eccles would have more desire having come through from a kid.

shmmeee

Since returning from injury, how many times has Kelly started played without James also in the midfield? I know this was the case against Brentford and he was excellent, but beyond that I’m unsure (and cba to check). Could this be why he’s looked worse than usual?

About half the games.

Brentford was excellent all round, a real model for how these players can play in this division. Then we just pretended it never happened and went back to whatever the fuck it is we’re doing now. So depressing.

steve101

Maroši
Østigård McFadz Hyam
O’Hare
Walker Györkeres

I agree Kelly has looked poor since coming back from recent injury. Prior to that though I think he more than showed his ability at championship level. His reading of the game defensively is excellent.

shmmeee

He rarely uses it to any great effect.

As with Hamer, how much of that is down to having nothing in front of him to aim at though? The forward movement is abysmal recently. Liam Walsh had three attacking players plus wingbacks who bombed on when he was playing CM, Hamer and James have mostly had to lump it up to Max Biamou marked by four men.

Indont think he’s amazing, and I wouldn’t have signed him, but he’s here and we’re desperately short on technical quality and players with experience above L1 so needs must for me.

SeaSeeEffCee

Can’t really be arsed with this game, we’ll probably lose again, or maybe scrape a 0-0 if we get lucky. At least it’s at home so I don’t have to waste another tenner. Feels inevitable that we’re going down based on recent performances.

Fergusons_Beard

I hope the Robins gamble doesn’t backfire.

Clearly rested players with an eye on getting a result against Brizzle when all of us know it’s about try to get points in every game.

Can’t underestimate squad confidence and we got an absolute hammering yesterday not helped by most of players starting like they were still in bed.

I think we have to start playing for points rather than trying to eek out results by being defensive.

We play much better on the front foot-Robins talks all the time about having the confidence to be positive on the ball-yesterday they looked like 11 timid kids being told off by their headteacher.

Big job for Robins and about time he and Adi started earning their money.

It starts on Monday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

cc84cov

Clearly rested players with an eye on getting a result against Brizzle when all of us know it’s about try to get points in every game.

Can’t underestimate squad confidence and we got an absolute hammering yesterday not helped by most of players starting like they were still in bed.

I think we have to start playing for points rather than trying to eek out results by being defensive.

We play much better on the front foot-Robins talks all the time about having the confidence to be positive on the ball-yesterday they looked like 11 timid kids being told off by their headteacher.

It starts on Monday.

If we don’t see the response Monday I expect a lot more to be asking questions

Greggs

It starts on Monday.

Rested players after 2 weeks off?

D

Deleted member 11652

Two weeks off doesn’t change the fact they’d be playing twice in four days.

It’s the equivalent of playing Saturday and Tuesday it happens all the time? If he’s rested players with an eye on Monday then he’s more of an idiot that I thought. He’s picked what he thought was his strongest side without doubt

Paxman II

This is not a time to experiment with selections. bring someone like Eccles on later in the game maybe.

We are at home and need to use wingbacks so DeCosta will get the nod ahead of Pask. We can't start the game being afraid and over defensive.
Morosi was excellent yesterday apart from one glorious error.

...............................................Morosi.........................................
De.Costa..........McFazdean.........Ostigard.............Mc.Callum
................................................Hamer........................................
.........................................Kelly.......James.................................
................................................O'Hare........................................
.............................Gyokeres....................Walker......................

Godden on 60 mins (he's not fit yet)

That should do it. 2-0 back above Brum and a game in hand. Anything else is a disaster.

Tommo1993

Liam Kelly is a bit like Reda Johnson. Without him, we don’t know our arse from our elbow.

I’d prefer Kelly over James, just don’t like them together. Who wants double vanilla?

clint van damme

🤣 your witnessing a lot of pro robins fans running out of excuses this morning,it’s becoming a painful watch

Someone on here said he rested players, there's absolutely no evidence its true.
His team selection was wrong but none of us no the thinking behind it.

cc84cov

Someone on here said he rested players, there's absolutely no evidence its true.
His team selection was wrong but none of us no the thinking behind it.
Yep not a chance he rested players all we seen yesterday was another fine example of a manager well out of his depth

shmmeee

Thinking about it, maybe do start Kelly. This was our best performance this year, swap Max out for Györkeres and Wilson for Maroši and try that again:

936F521A-1E74-4BEF-9FFE-B19E0823ED04.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread