Match Thread Bristol City (H) - 6th November 3PM (2 Viewers)

Warthog

Moore

Rose
Fadz
JCS

Kane
O’hare
Sheaf
Allen
Maatsen

Walker (If no Waghorn)
Gyokeres

Wilson
Dabo
Hyam
Hamer
Kelly
Shipley
Godden

Hopefully James is fit and plays as shite as he did for us

shmmeee

Apparantly we haven't lost 2 in a row at home since 2016 .

Coventry 2 - 1 Bristol City
Attendance : 21300

Moore
Kane
Hyam
Fadz
JCS
maatson
Sheaf
Hamer
O hare
Vik
Waghorn / Godden

Yeah I’d go for that team fitness permitting.

Must win game really if we want to pretend we’re going to stay in the top six. Need a performance more than anything though. Quality and energy levels have been way off for weeks.

TomRad85

Must win is dramatic but if we're to keep up our unlikely play off push it's a very big game. I think we'll win, would like to see Robins make a couple of changes. Sheaf back in, Rose and Kane to start... possibly Walker too but all our strikers are good so not too fussed. 2-1 City, hopefully.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

cc84cov

Must win is dramatic but if we're to keep up our unlikely play off push it's a very big game. I think we'll win, would like to see Robins make a couple of changes. Sheaf back in, Rose and Kane to start... possibly Walker too but all our strikers are good so not too fussed. 2-1 City, hopefully.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
They looked tired last night I expect it to be freshened up

1-0 win

steve cooper

I think labelling it as must win adds unnecessary pressure to the game. I think we will win but if we lose, there is still a chance we will stay in top 6, and look at where QPR & Stoke are. 11th & 12th, does anyone think either of those teams have given up on the idea of playoff places?

EAst ender

Hi sky blues, glad to see you going so well.
Very easy home win as we are absolute toilet. Get one and we will roll over and let you tickle our tummy like the absolute shitfest team we are.

4-0 Coventry, if not more. We are absolutely terrible, even Barnsley outplayed us even though we somehow scraped a win.
3,000 very fed up cidereds in attendance.

Rest easy, we probably won't even muster a shot on target.

:(

stay_up_skyblues

Very easy home win as we are absolute toilet. Get one and we will roll over and let you tickle our tummy like the absolute shitfest team we are.

4-0 Coventry, if not more. We are absolutely terrible, even Barnsley outplayed us even though we somehow scraped a win.

Thats fucked it then 🤣

Evo1883

Nice one , youve gone and said you're shit .

Coventry 0-3 Bristol

no_loyalty

City 2 Bristol City 0, Gyo and Hamer.

Evo1883

No chance

As I said, mistakenly, via DM (sorry), there's more chance of Katie Price becoming a nun.
We are absolutely dreadful.

I was surprised when your fans pushed for nigel pearson so hard.. don't rate him at all .

However you've still some really good players and I'm going to take your comments with a pinch of salt 😆

EAst ender

I was surprised when your fans pushed for nigel pearson so hard.. don't rate him at all .

However you've still some really good players and I'm going to take your comments with a pinch of salt 😆

Really, I wouldn't, we are absolutely gash.
Birmingham are poor, we are a whole different level of shiteness.
NP just doesn't seem to be working at all.

Serious prediction, 4-0 home win.

Sky Blue Harry H

Quality and energy levels have been way off for weeks.

Disagree 16th Oct 2-2 draw at Blackburn. Quality and energy to come back. Thought we played well in at least one half of each of the subsequent games. Fulham was only 1 month ago. We were never going to maintain top 2 form throughout the season, but I don't see the team 'collapsing' Conceding those 2 early goals gave them a perfect opportunity to lose their focus/down tools. They did neither imo.

skybluegod

I think labelling it as must win adds unnecessary pressure to the game. I think we will win but if we lose, there is still a chance we will stay in top 6, and look at where QPR & Stoke are. 11th & 12th, does anyone think either of those teams have given up on the idea of playoff places?

It's not necessarily a must win but it's important to get a good result going into the international break for me. I mentioned on another thread that our run of games after the break is probably our toughest of the season on paper. So a result on Saturday is welcome from that perspective.

Tommo1993

Our previous 5 form isn’t exactly sparkling, but theirs is worse. I see this game as I saw Hull, will be disappointed if we don’t win. Fully expect to beat them.

Pearson was the wrong appointment and I hope to play on that.

wingy

Really, I wouldn't, we are absolutely gash.
Birmingham are poor, we are a whole different level of shiteness.
NP just doesn't seem to be working at all.

Serious prediction, 4-0 home win.
Yeah but I always think of you as a bit of a bogey side.😟

Barnsley

I’ve really no idea how you beat us on Saturday, you had one of them days like we had against this lot, if we play as we did on Saturday but take our chances, we stick four past Derby tonight.

SlowerThanPlatt

I’ve really no idea how you beat us on Saturday, you had one of them days like we had against this lot, if we play as we did on Saturday but take our chances, we stick four past Derby tonight.

Derby looked decent against us and the old boys at the back limited us to little chances. Who do you want as your next manager?

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

It's a game where you could change most of the team and be able to justify it. Hopefully we'll be on it from the start

Moore
Hyam Fadz JCS
Kane Hamer Sheaf Maatsen
O'Hare
Gyok Waghorn

Wilson, Rose, Dabo, Kelly, Jones/Allen, Walker, Godden​

Very much considered bringing Rose in for JCS.
Thought about moving Dabo over to the left but this is a game where hopefully the attacking qualities will be more important.
O'Hare stays in pretty much due to lack of options but I think he needs a rest and could be more effective off the bench. Only alternative was to go to a flatter three, possibly with Kelly a bit deeper and get Hamer and Sheaf a little bit higher up the pitch. If Sheaf is going to give the ball away I'd prefer him to do it nearer their goal.
I want to see Gyok back up with Waghorn to see if it helps his game. If Waghorn still isn't fit I'd give Walker a start.

Barnsley

Derby looked decent against us and the old boys at the back limited us to little chances. Who do you want as your next manager?

The club as always are looking for someone who can work with young players, get us defensively organised, grafting for each other, pressing high up the pitch, and attacking teams.
I don’t care what he’s called or where he’s coached before, as long as he can do the above, I’d never heard of Stendel, Struber, or Ishmael, before they rocked up at Oakwell and they all managed to get us doing the afore mentioned, so I’ve no preference when it comes to a name, I just hope we can find someone capable of doing what the board what them to do.

Last edited:

EAst ender

I can't disagree, Coles' miss at the end was ridiculous. You were undoubtedly the better side.
This lot just won't believe how gash we are though.

EAst ender

Yeah but I always think of you as a bit of a bogey side.😟

Sleep easy this time wingy, honestly.
We actually celebrated a shot on target last night, our first one, in the 88th minute while 3 nil down. We really are that bad.

Jamesimus

Apparantly we haven't lost 2 in a row at home since 2016 .

Coventry 2 - 1 Bristol City
Attendance : 21300

Moore
Kane
Hyam
Fadz
JCS
maatson
Sheaf
Hamer
O hare
Vik
Waghorn / Godden

This for me, not to harsh Dabo out, but just for Kanes early deliveries. Dabo to come on at 60 mins against tired legs.

Other than that, defo same team as last night for me.

covcity4life

Sheaf and hamer in midfield
Dabo and maatsen keep wing back positions
Gyok and anyone upfront(,hopefully waghorn or box with Allen)

We win 2-1

EAst ender

Please don't do this too us, it's really unfair.

If I was joking it would be unfair james. Take a look at our forum if you don't believe me.
While I would love a victory, we don't have a snowball in hells chance the way we are 'playing'. You really should / will win comfortably.
Apologies if you think I'm on a windup.

Sky Blue Harry H

Jumping ahead to the Blues game - Pederson and Colin out for 4 weeks, so should miss out, and Chong out for 5 months (a big miss for them) If they can get Roberts, Deeney and Hogan injured during the next 3 weeks, I'd take that!

Jamesimus

If I was joking it would be unfair james. Take a look at our forum if you don't believe me.
While I would love a victory, we don't have a snowball in hells chance the way we are 'playing'. You really should / will win comfortably.
Apologies if you think I'm on a windup.

You looked a decent enough outfit last season, what's happened since?

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Gotta be an argument for a fair few changes here I would say. Wouldn't mind seeing Kane and Rose in the defence.

Midfield probably Sheaf comes in, but I guess it'll be Kelly.

Strikers, who knows. Both last night were very poor.

Users who are viewing this thread