Bristol City fans on their forum (1 Viewer)

After looking on otib.co.uk, the Bristol City forum, they are ecstatic, and think we will roll over easily on monday, they think they have guaranteed safety, and I hope we turn them over on monday, as thye obviously think they are too good to go down, even though, in my opinion, our squad is better than theirs. Your opinions?

Otis

It's just one win.

They have been in poor form.

We are unbeaten in 7.

They didn't deserve to win today.

BCFC Exile

Hi Coventry fans. obviously after our win today we are 'ecstatic' as any fan would be. While one or two may think what the OP says the vast majority of us know differently. No match is easy, never was, never will be. The match on Monday will be no different.

Were we lucky today? I don't think so. Were Forest the better team? yes but we actually scored a second perfectly good goal that was ruled for offside. Any team has a strike force, a midfield and a defence and it was the latter that won us the game today.

The match on monday is pivotal not just to Coventry and City but to many teams around us. it will certainly be a great atmosphere having finally filled the ground. it all falls to who wants it more on the day.

Sutty

Can I refer the OP to the general mood on here after our win at Hull?

Some (not all) thought we were safe after that.

Otis

Hi Coventry fans. obviously after our win today we are 'ecstatic' as any fan would be. While one or two may think what the OP says the vast majority of us know differently. No match is easy, never was, never will be. The match on Monday will be no different.

Were we lucky today? I don't think so. Were Forest the better team? yes but we actually scored a second perfectly good goal that was ruled for offside. Any team has a strike force, a midfield and a defence and it was the latter that won us the game today.

The match on monday is pivotal not just to Coventry and City but to many teams around us. it will certainly be a great atmosphere having finally filled the ground. it all falls to who wants it more on the day.

Hand on heart, had you have been Forest and played like that and lost, would you be saying you were unlucky or not? Damn right you would. Bristol defended stoutly and your keeper had a stormer, but you would have to say that Forest were very unlucky not to get at least a draw out of that game.

Macca

I think if we had just nicked an away win and had the team we had just put into the bottom 3 at home next game we would be pretty confident

EAst ender

Don't think of OTIB as representative of BCFC support, it's a dreadful forum!
No reasonable BCFC fan thinks it will anything apart from a real battle on Monday.

It's certainly a very big game!

BCFC Exile

Hand on heart, had you have been Forest and played like that and lost, would you be saying you were unlucky or not? Damn right you would. Bristol defended stoutly and your keeper had a stormer, but you would have to say that Forest were very unlucky not to get at least a draw out of that game.

Forest Unlucky?.. yes. Were we lucky to win?.. no.

BCFC Exile

Don't think of OTIB as representative of BCFC support, it's a dreadful forum!
No reasonable BCFC fan thinks it will anything apart from a real battle on Monday.

It's certainly a very big game!

Its by far the popular BCFC forum, in fact one of the most popular across all 92 clubs. In short it is representative of a cross section of City fans. Anyway... as one cov fan says above and as I have also... i cannot see a swell of feeling that the match on monday is going to be a walk in the park. The complete opposite in fact.

EAst ender

Its by far the popular BCFC forum, in fact one of the most popular across all 92 clubs. In short it is representative of a cross section of City fans. Anyway... as one cov fan says above and as I have also... i cannot see a swell of feeling that the match on monday is going to be a walk in the park. The complete opposite in fact.

I totally agree with the highlighted bit exile. I will also agree that OTIB is extremely popular but IMHO it's not representative of our support, just my opinion as I feel there are a few posters on there who seem to criticise anything and everyone.

Skyblue4u

Bristol were piss poor and with just one shot on target all game proves they managed to pull the rabbit out of the hat

Astute

I totally agree with the highlighted bit exile. I will also agree that OTIB is extremely popular but IMHO it's not representative of our support, just my opinion as I feel there are a few posters on there who seem to criticise anything and everyone.

we have them on here. Even find fault when we win or only show up after a bad result

BCFC Exile

East Ender.. you seem to contradict yourself there..or i did not follow what you were saying, i.e. you say its not representative and then you say a FEW posters criticise everything and everyone. Literallly that means what?

Anyway, no matter, i guess it will be impossible to find out... fans inside ashton gate could be asked but the majority would probably say otib? whats that!

Real

We, CCFC will lose Monday. It's written that way being a Coventry fan. For a large part of the season we have been in the relegation zone with only a hope we could survive. Then City being City they somehow put an unbeaten run together, valiantly climb out of the relegation zone and lift everybody's spirits. Then when it comes to a huge crunch game, they'll be drubbed 3-0. The history of CCFC in one season.

EleanorRigby

I think the game will start like a house on fire but the longer it stays level the more cautious both teams will become, at the end of the day it's a must not lose game for both. If either team take the lead especially in the second half it will be a siege at the other end. 0-0 wouldn't surprise me one bit.

jabharty

I love how their supporters are more pessimistic than ours:
"Dont worry, we will lose to Coventry on Monday"
Fantastic!! Lets hope that the brizzle players feel the same, and just bow out. Also, I saw this:
"Anyone else wished we had lost today just a little bit to put us out of our misery? I can't take much more of this torture and part of me wanted to die...or in this case be relegated."
Haha, and I though coventry supporters were bad
#AllTheBestPUSB
(Remember, all tweet that at 10am on Monday ;))

We, CCFC will lose Monday. It's written that way being a Coventry fan. For a large part of the season we have been in the relegation zone with only a hope we could survive. Then City being City they somehow put an unbeaten run together, valiantly climb out of the relegation zone and lift everybody's spirits. Then when it comes to a huge crunch game, they'll be drubbed 3-0. The history of CCFC in one season.
Bang on :(

Astute

We need a point at least.

If we can manage to get it flashed on the scoreboard that Sunderland have lost 2-0 do you think both teams will play for a draw?

Macca

We need a point at least.

If we can manage to get it flashed on the scoreboard that Sunderland have lost 2-0 do you think both teams will play for a draw?

No that would just be silly. As the teams are in different leagues any points gained by one would have no significance on the fortunes if the other. I m amazed you haven t considered this ;)

Users who are viewing this thread