Bristol City Fan In Peace. (1 Viewer)

Hi all, for starters, ignore the username typo, I made it on my iPad, and it auto-corrected, damn thing!

Feeling the pre-match hype for tomorrow, and am looking forward to visiting the Ricoh for the first time, along with 4,000 fellow fans. My main objective of coming onto your forum is to get an idea of what to expect from your team, as well as informing you what to expect from our Bristol City side.

For starters, I have read your prediction threads, and you all seem to think we will walk you over with ease. I'm telling you now, as much as the table does not lie, and we do probably deserve our position, we are still far from playing the football that we potentially could with our squad. In the last few weeks, it has been a matter of grinding results out, without really playing that well, which is a key part in every teams success; winning when not at your best.

As for injury status, we have our most influential player young Korey Smith who is set to take a late fitness test, but even if he passes, I do not believe they will risk him, as hamstrings can be a pain, and in November we have a run of game consisting of PNE, Swindle and P'boro, so we should be looking to save him.

I seen the comments from your manager saying that you are going to be adopting to a 3-4-3 to freshen things up, meaning that it will be 3-4-3 vs 3-5-2. With Smith in the team, I would be much more confident, as our defensive midfielder in the team has to have a very impressive game, to protect the back 3, and take some of the pressure off them, as playing 3 up front, they will always be occupied. As Korey is likely to be out, this will mean that Pack will be most likely to come in, who is yet to hit the heights of last season, and hasn't played much this season.

I'm not going to bore you all and write an essay on our team, but I'm open to queries if you have any questions on any part of our team/club. Please inform me of some of the threats to expect from your team, as well as your strong and weak points. Also, I came on here purely to discuss football, I don't want this to turn into a cock-waving exercise from either sets of fans, so please no snobby comments :)

Thanks all

pusbccfc

Cheers for the insight!

Really looking forward to it, we are used to bigger than usual away followings at the Ricoh, but it's been a good 3 years since 4000.

I'd love to say that there will be 11,000 Coventry fans there, but it's hard to tell.
It could be as low as 7000, which despite how awful that sounds, it is understandable considering the general feeling around supporting this club.

In terms of on the pitch, we are missing our three best players in Reda Johnson, Frank Nouble and John Fleck. The team is pretty young and really can be undone.
We should be a lot higher up the league, even with our injuries tomorrow, we will still have players like Simeon Jackson, Marcus Tudgay and Jim O'Brien, who played at higher levels in the previous few seasons.

Mr T - Sukka!

It just a case of how many Bristol City want to win by really.

We are awful. Our Keeper is suspect. Does not command his box.

Defence parts like a fart in a crowded bar. Also prone to leaving an oppositon striker free to head at corners and crosses anytime they wish.

Midfield sit too deep and look to pass to the side or backwards. Passing forward to a sky blue shirt is frowned upon.

Strikers who dont shoot or score.

Apart from that we are a good side who have been on a unlucky run.

Stand out players for us who will have you quaking.

Connor Thomas. Midfield dyamo forward runs and mazy dribbles. Think Ya Ya toure of leauge 1.

Jordan Clarke. Think of Messi as a right full back and you got it.

Can see a City win here ;)

mighty quinn

Hi .team plays in the same way as most of us fans feel. very negative. Even at home play what seems an 8-1-1 formation. Play for a draw and hope to sneak a win .not good enough and a 7000 gate tells you that.

wingy

Our current players seem unable to play the managers system , it may be because we assemble pretty much an entire new squad every season.

Our youth especially, who have time to gel etc seem to flourish with the same system

Gazolba

Bristle Lad In Peace;796899 Please inform me of some of the threats to expect from your team said:
Tell you our strengths and weaknesses? You're not the Bristol City manager are you? I'd say our strength is our unpredictability and our only weakness is we tend to be either underestimated or overestimated.

Last edited:

theferret

Some silly predictions here. We're not as bad as people are suggesting. We're mid-table fodder, and Bristol City will lose games this season. Not saying we will win the game, but can't see us getting hammered. But if we do then that edit button will come in handy.

Evo1883

I think you will be particularly impressed with how we pass the ball backwards and sidewards in our own half , really impressive stuff

Nick

Administrator
I think you will be particularly impressed with how we pass the ball backwards and sidewards in our own half , really impressive stuff
And how quickly we can get the ball back to our keeper from a shooting position

Bob Latchford

Hi all, for starters, ignore the username typo, I made it on my iPad, and it auto-corrected, damn thing!

Feeling the pre-match hype for tomorrow, and am looking forward to visiting the Ricoh for the first time, along with 4,000 fellow fans. My main objective of coming onto your forum is to get an idea of what to expect from your team, as well as informing you what to expect from our Bristol City side.

For starters, I have read your prediction threads, and you all seem to think we will walk you over with ease. I'm telling you now, as much as the table does not lie, and we do probably deserve our position, we are still far from playing the football that we potentially could with our squad. In the last few weeks, it has been a matter of grinding results out, without really playing that well, which is a key part in every teams success; winning when not at your best.

As for injury status, we have our most influential player young Korey Smith who is set to take a late fitness test, but even if he passes, I do not believe they will risk him, as hamstrings can be a pain, and in November we have a run of game consisting of PNE, Swindle and P'boro, so we should be looking to save him.

I seen the comments from your manager saying that you are going to be adopting to a 3-4-3 to freshen things up, meaning that it will be 3-4-3 vs 3-5-2. With Smith in the team, I would be much more confident, as our defensive midfielder in the team has to have a very impressive game, to protect the back 3, and take some of the pressure off them, as playing 3 up front, they will always be occupied. As Korey is likely to be out, this will mean that Pack will be most likely to come in, who is yet to hit the heights of last season, and hasn't played much this season.

I'm not going to bore you all and write an essay on our team, but I'm open to queries if you have any questions on any part of our team/club. Please inform me of some of the threats to expect from your team, as well as your strong and weak points. Also, I came on here purely to discuss football, I don't want this to turn into a cock-waving exercise from either sets of fans, so please no snobby comments :)

Thanks all

Blimey, Steve Cotterill can use a computer :claping hands:

bcfc1

Our defence is shakey, we can get caught on the counter, push up hug the wings, overlap, play with pace.

Back from the game, what a day out.

I thought we bossed the game for the majority of it, barring that 10 spell you had where you scored.

For Coventry, I thought you kept the ball ticking over well, but when you got into the final third, you didn't seem to have any imagination or know of what to do with the ball. Moving onto individuals, no-one really stood out for me from your side, except that number 16, midfielder, long haired kiddy, he looked neat and tidy.

There are definitely areas to improve in your side, but to me we just coasted past you without getting out of second gear.

Best of luck for the rest of the season, and fairplay to your Scoreboard Singers for trying to get an atmosphere going ;)

SkyBlue_Bear83

Back from the game, what a day out.

I thought we bossed the game for the majority of it, barring that 10 spell you had where you scored.

For Coventry, I thought you kept the ball ticking over well, but when you got into the final third, you didn't seem to have any imagination or know of what to do with the ball. Moving onto individuals, no-one really stood out for me from your side, except that number 16, midfielder, long haired kiddy, he looked neat and tidy.

There are definitely areas to improve in your side, but to me we just coasted past you without getting out of second gear.

Best of luck for the rest of the season, and fairplay to your Scoreboard Singers for trying to get an atmosphere going ;)

Number 16 was Adam Barton......

.....he's not really well liked round here, next you'll be telling us our goalkeeper was outstanding.

Yea we're terrible, we've been worse in recent weeks. I fully expected a loss so I'm not too deflated. You should win the league this season, I'd be shocked if you didn't.

stupot07

.....he's not really well liked round here, next you'll be telling us our goalkeeper was outstanding.

Yea we're terrible, we've been worse in recent weeks. I fully expected a loss so I'm not too deflated. You should win the league this season, I'd be shocked if you didn't.

Long haired kiddy??? :eek:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Honestly? It won't be no walk in the park, but we'll wait and see.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Honestly? It won't be no walk in the park, but we'll wait and see.

Never be a walk in the park but I don't see anyone better than you, honestly I think the league is pretty weak this season. Peterborough are your closes rivals at the moment and they aren't even very good, barely scraped 6th last season. At the start of the season I thought only Sheffield Utd would challenge you but they haven't done as well as expected.

Never be a walk in the park but I don't see anyone better than you, honestly I think the league is pretty weak this season. Peterborough are your closes rivals at the moment and they aren't even very good, barely scraped 6th last season. At the start of the season I thought only Sheffield Utd would challenge you but they haven't done as well as expected.

We must have been watching a different game. I thought Bristol were distinctly average and not a patch on the likes of Preston. The difference between the two side was physicality as we are shown to be too lightweight for this division. I can't see BC achieving automatic promotion based on that performance.

Evo1883

Thought preston were better , but thought bristol still did a preoffesional job , although they looked shaky when it went to 2-1

Del Boy 82

Peterborough are my team for promotion along with Bristol city with Preston taking the play offs. The big physical teams seen to go well this league. Bristol city was not great today but did they really need to be to defeat us? I'm sure if it was a closer contest they would of pressed us more. Thought they did a professional job on us today

SkyBlue_Bear83

We must have been watching a different game. I thought Bristol were distinctly average and not a patch on the likes of Preston. The difference between the two side was physicality as we are shown to be too lightweight for this division. I can't see BC achieving automatic promotion based on that performance.

We were so poor that day you couldn't take anything of note from the Preston performance.

Anyway I'm not talking about today's performance, just my overall thoughts on how the season will progress.

EAst ender

Fellas,
I'm not back on here to debate about the game today nor to discuss the debate about your club, that's really got nothing to do with me or my club although I really do wish you well.
I felt compelled to pop back onto your board to say thank you for joining us in the applause for our lost mate Divvy. That was pure class from yourselves and was very much appreciated from all us BCFC fans.
Thank you Sky blues, thank you.

Users who are viewing this thread