Bristol City Captain (3 Viewers)

clint van damme

Althoight 6 relegatipn spots will be tough!

But fuck it we are going for prem

You've been quiet of late. Everything OK?
Thought you might have been away practising your typing but clearly not!

Liquid Gold

MR is tied down on a decent contract. A year of Championship experience in the squad and a few quality additions, the possibility of being back in the city with decent crowds. I'd back us to get promotion season after next if we were relegated. Wasps are going to go pop at some point too, no way they manage to get decent refinancing on that bond scheme so worst case scenario is May 2022.

Sick Boy

MR is tied down on a decent contract. A year of Championship experience in the squad and a few quality additions, the possibility of being back in the city with decent crowds. I'd back us to get promotion season after next if we were relegated. Wasps are going to go pop at some point too, no way they manage to get decent refinancing on that bond scheme so worst case scenario is May 2022.
Based on this season I’d be quietly confident of staying up, even with more relegation spaces.

Flying Fokker

I think it’s a key moment for us, not to be dramatic but I genuinely think we’d face a relegation battle should we have to stay in League 1 again. Not wanting to go up because there are more relegation places is crazy.
Does that mean we’ll be in a relegation battle next season anyway?

Liquid Gold

Based on this season I’d be quietly confident of staying up, even with more relegation spaces.
I think we'd definitely give it a good go. Blues couldn't beat us over two games in a period where they didn't lose for something like two months. The yoyo teams seem to play the strong, quick, direct game that can get your out of this league but not keep you up, our style of play is definitely more developed.

Sky Blue Harry H

What's the chance it's an ex City player that has leaked the 'Gas' tape! Only say that as there's so many of them!!

Flying Fokker

They had 10 or eleven games to play. Our league is further on than theirs. Good news albeit better to be settled on the pitch.

Sky Blue Pete

Am I missing something if 3 go up from the championship and 3 go up from league 1 surely there are the same number of teams as this season in the championship and no extra teams will be relegated.

Grendel

Am I missing something if 3 go up from the championship and 3 go up from league 1 surely there are the same number of teams as this season in the championship and no extra teams will be relegated.

Yes but the leagues would balance back the season after so if the premier league took 3 in they’d relegate 6 the following season

ccfc1234

Anyone listened to the Bristol city captain recording going around on WhatsApp just now regarding the EFL meeting?

High level summary is...

- Season unlikely to finish
- Jan 21 start for next season
- Top three clubs promoted
- no relegation
- More teams relegated after next season to balance leagues out
- Vote on if players will play after June Without pay for out of contract players.

To be confirmed at another meeting but this is the proposal.

City would be promoted.
If this is the case why are we not just starting where we left off in March and football has had a year off. That synchronizes every thing and prevents all these complicated scenarios of 6 teams relegated etc.

shepardo01

ex-Leamington player.
Got a degree also.
Went pro the unconventional way, progressed up through non-league whilst also doing a degree.
Also had a stint at Nuneaton.
Think he has a part in his own (shared) business also, personalised socks!
Good, articulate lad from a good family.
My roommate on away trips too!

JimmyHillsbeard

Yes but the leagues would balance back the season after so if the premier league took 3 in they’d relegate 6 the following season

Yep and the Championship would have to relegate 6 to accommodate Bournemouth, Norwich, Vile, West Brom, Burnley and hopefully West Ham but probably Fulham.

The task of staying in the Championship sounds more daunting with 6 going down but three of them would be the teams currently looking like going down (two of whom we beat in 2018-19, the other being Luton) plus Rotherham and maybe Wycombe who get promoted behind us. It wd be a good year to be in the Championship.

personally I’m thinking that a voided season is looking more likely so that outcome seems ok to me.

Brighton Sky Blue

Resume in Jan 21? Almost like we could have finished the season and this still does nothing to address that clubs will have no income for around 9 months.

Grendel

Resume in Jan 21? Almost like we could have finished the season and this still does nothing to address that clubs will have no income for around 9 months.

Perhaps the statements have been misinterpreted and it’s crowds after December can go but the season starts earlier

Users who are viewing this thread