Match Thread Bristol City (A) (2 Viewers)

Mcbean

Think he might play Waggy with Vik but bring Tav on earlier

Disgruntled Sky Blue

Wouldn't be surprised if Bidwell comes in for Maatsen just for the extra 'discipline'.

Bidwell hasn't pulled up any trees since he's come into the side. Just hoping it's a match sharpness issue with him and remembers he's a seasoned Championship player.

Witnessing his "safe pass or shit pass" play at Cardiff while refusing to take anyone on or defend properly stretched my last nerve. Guess the 4 hour plus journey back to London with him on my mind didn't help my view of his performances.

Let's hope that discipline is there if selected.

Saddlebrains

Waghorns shit but id start him up top alone tomorrow

Gyok needs a rest. Same for Sheaf.

Moore
Kane Hyam Fadz JCS Bidwell
Hamer. Allen
OHare Maatsen
Waghorn

Subs Wilson Dabo Rose Shipley Sheaf Howley Gyok

Dabo for Kane at 60
Gyok for Waghorn the same
If losing/ drawing then Tavares for Maatsen around 70 mins

Feel this can help with the tired legs

tokyojim

Agree with Fernando partridge. Sheaf suffers without Hamer next to him so am still expecting Hamer and Sheaf in the middle. Also Bidwell in for Maatsen and Rose back too.

Garryb80

Bidwell hasn't pulled up any trees since he's come into the side. Just hoping it's a match sharpness issue with him and remembers he's a seasoned Championship player.

Witnessing his "safe pass or shit pass" play at Cardiff while refusing to take anyone on or defend properly stretched my last nerve. Guess the 4 hour plus journey back to London with him on my mind didn't help my view of his performances.

Yet he still offered more than Shipley did.

no_loyalty

Moore
Dabo
Hyam
Fadz
JCS
Maasten
Sheaf
Hamer
O'Hare
Waghorn
Vik

We really need to win this one as I can't see us beating our bogey team Preston on Saturday.

SBT

It's hard to believe Bidwell is still struggling with match sharpness 30 games into a season where he's racked up more minutes than most members of our squad.

shmmeee

It's hard to believe Bidwell is still struggling with match sharpness 30 games into a season where he's racked up more minutes than most members of our squad.

It’s more about whether he can adapt to our style TBH.

AOM

Is Dabo fit enough to start? Has he played any under 23/reserve games? Nice to have him back.

Think Waghorn needs consecutive games if he's going to improve too, so would probably start him

Disgruntled Sky Blue

Trying to give him the benefit of doubt but like you say, it's not like he hasn't been playing regularly and if I remember the Swansea game correctly, he played against us and had a half decent game in a similar formation.

shmmeee

How different is our 'style' from Swansea's last season? I thought they were very similar.

I havent watched Swansea a lot but from when I have they seem to be more about dominating possession than quick breaks like we are. Though TBF we’re transitioning away from that a bit and maybe he’s part of that thought process. He seems to want to find himself in space on the wing to whip a cross in, rather than creating chances himself like a Dabo or Maatsen would.

Just trying to be positive. He could just be crap.

cc84cov

giphy.gif

fernandopartridge

I havent watched Swansea a lot but from when I have they seem to be more about dominating possession than quick breaks like we are. Though TBF we’re transitioning away from that a bit and maybe he’s part of that thought process. He seems to want to find himself in space on the wing to whip a cross in, rather than creating chances himself like a Dabo or Maatsen would.

Just trying to be positive. He could just be crap.

Last season they were less possession based though, that's why I specifically said it. They tended to get the ball forward relatively quickly and he was part of that (set their goal up at St Andrews last season).

I think he's been fine generally, Maatsen is a very attack minded player so in comparison Bidwell looks very conservative.

PVA

Is Dabo fit enough to start? Has he played any under 23/reserve games? Nice to have him back.

The fact he only came on for a few minutes would suggest not.

Might get 20 mins v Bristol City, then maybe 45 at the weekend or something.

Reactions: AOM

Sky_Blue_Daz

think it will be a scrappy 1-0 to Cov, again as I said before the Barnsley not bothered about performance just the points

Gint11

Nor did Kane. Kane got slated on here after his first few performances and now look at him. He probably needs time.

Skyblueweeman

Moore
Hyam McFadz JCS
Dabo Hamer Sheaf Allen
O'Hare
Gyokeres Waghorn

Wilson, Rose, Maatsen, Bidwell, Kane, Shipley, Tavares

1-2 Cov

Disgruntled Sky Blue

Nor did Kane. Kane got slated on here after his first few performances and now look at him. He probably needs time.

Really hope that's the case.

Kane had an extended period of time not playing for QPR so had to get up to speed, not sure it's the same for Bidwell. I guess like many on here we hoped he was a steal from Swansea and getting the finished article.

Gint11

Really hope that's the case.

Kane had an extended period of time not playing for QPR so had to get up to speed, not sure it's the same for Bidwell. I guess like many on here we hoped he was a steal from Swansea and getting the finished article.

He did. I’m not saying Bidwell will work out but i understand the thinking in bringing him in and with more game time his qualities may show through. Time will tell.

As he is readymade Championship player, he gives us strength in depth in that position.

Gint11

Can’t see MR going 2 up top on this one.
Gyko up top with O Hare, Hamer no Shipley/Allen behind.

Users who are viewing this thread