bring him back..QUICK. (1 Viewer)

eyeseye_us

See cody McDonald has just scored for gills already . Be great to have another in form striker on the bench without having put our hands in our pockets !!

Mucca Mad Boys

Recall him on the 27th day I think, get as many goals and as much match fitness.

I rate him, give him chances, he'll score, but I fear Cody doesn't suit MR's system - like McG at Ipswich.

eyeseye_us

No me neither.much rather see cody get a few games under his belt for us now he's seemingly got his mojo back !

Covstu

clearly not in the short term plans but I think he would have put him up for sale if he wanted to get rid completely. He needs confidence and some games under his belt rather than sit on our bench

pusbccfc

Cody has 3 goals this season, in very little starts.

A nice goal against Birmingham, good header v Yeovil and an important 'goal' against Oldham?

He never actually missed that many chances, only as many as Elliott, DMC and Clarke

Nick

Administrator
He is a lethal finisher but not really played whether it is due to fitness or not getting on with MR.

stupot07

Cody has 3 goals this season, in very little starts.

A nice goal against Birmingham, good header v Yeovil and an important 'goal' against Oldham?

He never actually missed that many chances, only as many as Elliott, DMC and Clarke

His 'goal' against Oldham was off the bench.....so starts are irrelevant for that goal.

He missed an absolute hatful beginning of the season, could have had a hatrick against Yeovil and bury

torchomatic

Don't agree with that. Two in two. He should have been given a chance here.

league 2 might just be his league

Nick

Administrator
Lets not forget that when he was getting the odd game here and there the whole team werent creating chances like we do now.

He always looked to get into space and did make clever runs!

covboy9

he clearly wasn't fit enough at any stage, same old eastwood scenario, the essex boys just don't settle at cov! the loan is a win win for cov

skybluegod

Lets not forget that when he was getting the odd game here and there the whole team werent creating chances like we do now.

He always looked to get into space and did make clever runs!

Yeah agree and with baileys passing that could be lethal

eyeseye_us

he clearly wasn't fit enough at any stage, same old eastwood scenario, the essex boys just don't settle at cov! the loan is a win win for cov

oh i think eastwood settled in just fine......onto his backside . he shown glimpses of greatness but was never interested , especially off the ball. cody at least shows hes TRYING to get in the side and work for his money.

Otis

league 2 might just be his league

Yep, probably spot-on.

DMC was scoring goals for fun in League One but has struggled consistently in the Championship to bag goals.

Could be simply that Cody Mac is now at his right level.

ps1948

AS I asked on a different bring him back thread, where would he play? It is clear that Robins likes his system of playing one up front, and Cody (who I very much liked) wouldn't be able to play that role. If Robins doesn't think he fits in at the moment, then a loan spell is the right thing for him.
His goal last night was the easiest goal he has ever scored in his life, although he did make the run and anticipate the goalie missing the ball

eyeseye_us

Scores on his debut and you want him back already?. LOL, he's better off in league 2 in my opinion.

part of my point was that it appears sisu wont fork out for anyone in the current window...so why not have him back as cover at least.
imo , now we have a half decent side who are attack minded and creating chances into double figures , then he may well shine. we just havent had chance to see it yet under the current form.imho seems this is what robins wants...to see him play without risking him on our own turf just yet.

Gaz

Mark Robins clearly thinks cody doesn't fit in his style of play.
Cody has already said he doesn't fit into Mark Robins style of play, so the best thing that can happen for us is that Cody bangs the goals in while on loan, so then we can get a decent fee for him.

David McGoldrick is an example that a good loan move can attract a lot of clubs.

RoboCCFC90

If he continues to score for the Gills during this initial 28 period then I can see Robins bringing him back and having a positive impact.. 2 in 2 games so far if he hits 6 in the next 5 I would welcome him back with open arms

SkyBlueScottie

We are unable to recall him in the first 28 days of his loan but, we can recall him any point after without any notice.

Correct! It's a 93 day emergency loan, we cant recall in the 1st 28 days, anytime after that we can recall at a moments notice.

The loan period also ends before the play offs start so he will be eligible for us in those games (if we get there)

nicksig

I think we need more than one style of play - we've looked short of options a few times this season. I thought Cody looked really good when we signed him. Clearly a goalscorer but has never had a run of games to prove himself (for whatever reason). Hopefully he'll keep scoring for the Gills and we'll bring him back full of confidence for the run-in

eyeseye_us

I think we need more than one style of play - we've looked short of options a few times this season. I thought Cody looked really good when we signed him. Clearly a goalscorer but has never had a run of games to prove himself (for whatever reason). Hopefully he'll keep scoring for the Gills and we'll bring him back full of confidence for the run-in

glad im not the only one who hasnt got blinkers on !! i agree its a bit short sighted to think MR will only constrict his squad to one style of play.

ccfc92

Leave him there, let him bang in the goals. Then at end of the season, if we don't want him still, we could do a Forrest with DMc, and flog him. Wages off the bill, hopefully some money back from his transfer fee, and money towards a consistant striker?

Mucca Mad Boys

Yep, probably spot-on.

DMC was scoring goals for fun in League One but has struggled consistently in the Championship to bag goals.

Could be simply that Cody Mac is now at his right level.

I think it's a case of suiting the system - McG doesn't suit Ipswich and Cody doesn't suit CCFC, not because they aren't good enough.

Users who are viewing this thread