Bright and Robins (4 Viewers)

cc84cov

In all seriousness though just let the manager deal with the lad, 19 pages of shite later and you're still fuming 🤡

Also, Who's Neil?

giphy.gif

Grendel

Think Robins deserves the trust to get Bright right and fully fit and let’s see how Bright fares will then

Kane hasn’t played since March but has kept himself fit. What’s Dims excuse?

slowpoke

Depends what you call fit, being fit and being match fit are two different things, he is in training under the supervision of our first team coach Dennis Lawrence believe so let Lawrence do his job and see how things pan out, then let Mark Robins do his job.

Grendel

Depends what you call fit, being fit and being match fit are two different things, he is in training under the supervision of our first team coach Dennis Lawrence believe so let Lawrence do his job and see how things pan out, then let Mark Robins do his job.

Kane hadn’t played a game since March was frozen out at QPR and managed a full 90 minutes

Nick

Administrator
Are you still digging?

SlowerThanPlatt

Perfect opportunity on Tuesday then. 23s away at QPR

Grendel

He is as talented as many in this league
Unfortunately his desire and application are miles behind
The next kevin thorntom

Where is any evidence he’s as talented as many in this league?

slowpoke

There is none. But based on how he played last time he was here the element of gamble is worth taking up imo.

slowpoke

I don't thin anybody is trying to get in the manager's way. We're just discussing whats going on in like an open forum format.
That’s what I’m saying and there’s nothing wrong with discussion but we have had some sensational things said on this Bright issue almost all guess work from possibly faking a love ones death to having a drink in Canary Wharf ffs.

clint van damme

That’s what I’m saying and there’s nothing wrong with discussion but we have had some sensational things said on this Bright issue almost all guess work from possibly faking a love ones death to having a drink in Canary Wharf ffs.

None of which is as sensational as claiming he's going to get fit and rip up the Championship

The Philosopher

Strange world, football. I’m going to ramble for a bit:

These players are young adults, often away from home. I mean, there’s loads of blokes who still live with their parents at 30 these days because they can’t get on the mortgage ladder; young men seem to remain kids for longer. Easy to say “they should grow up”, but society isn’t that way anymore. What are 23 year old doing nowadays? Playing computer games and going on Instagram. 20 years ago? Not likely.

Footballers are pampered. We have dieticians (see Warnock’s comments about telling them to eat breakfast), performance coaches, GPS, analysts. These people cost money.

Bright is costing the club (guess) 5k/week plus a proportion of club overhead (coaching, food, etc).

Hold with me:

Robins, Ady, etc. are from a different generation where they expect young men to be young men and not kids, ie, a bit of self accountability. A lot of the young guys I employ are the same: they make a mistake and it’s someone else’s fault (usually society somehow and their anxiety issues else it’s mine for not holding their hand 24/7). By the time they realise the way the world works it’s too late.

I’ll get to the point. Bright is acting like a kid. He needs mentoring. Perhaps the club should invest in some kind of professional mentor / motivation coach / lifestyle coach.

It might cost 50k per year to employ one. I know we shouldn’t have to but he reality is that some “kids” need putting on track.

Think of how much Bright has cost so far, how much money we will have wasted if we cut him loose, compare that to getting a mentor in and the possible pay off.

20 years ago diet coaches were not thought of much.

Is it time we looked at professional mentors?

Brylowes

If you can’t tell what Robins is implying from his comments, you must have the literacy of a 4 year old
Forgive me but I’m not up to speed on the latest regarding Bright, I presume Robins has released an update on the situation, or at least made reference to it.

Brylowes

In short he’s not fit and needs to work harder

Cheers 👍
In short he’s not fit and needs to work harder

cheers

Irish Sky Blue

Lol you gutted that your wonder boy bright isn’t even good enough to play for the U23’s Neil?
It sounds almost like you want one of our own players to fail, perhaps simply to prove your own point.

If he is messing the club about then he won't get near the first team and will be out of the door or in the bomb squad pretty quickly.
That doesn't seem to have happened yet so presumably Robins still thinks there is still a chance that he can get properly fit and be a positive influence in the squad.

If Robins thinks that, knowing that he can be ruthless with players who have served him far better than Bright, why keep carping on?

There is no doubt that to challenge for a place in this squad, even to get a place on the bench, Bright will have to work his socks off and be 100% committed to the team. If he reaches that level then great. If he doesn't then it can be put down to a gamble that failed.

What certainly doesn't seem to be the case is that his presence is having any sort of negative effect on team or squad.
In 55 years of watching City I have rarely seen a team so committed, so up for each game.
With this as the case, why not let the story of Bright play out one way or the other instead of appearing so desperate for one of our players to fail?

Users who are viewing this thread